Pompei: "Everyone is best served with (Fields) on the bench"

Toast88

Liked Posts:
Justin Fields is better than Andy Dalton. Yes, even after what we saw on Sunday.

Everyone looking at Dalton’s serviceable game against Cincy where he couldn’t move the ball for shit after the opening possession, while completely forgetting the Rams game.

We know what Dalton is. He fine. But Fields is dynamic. Can Dalton make that A-Rob pass? Those two completions along the right sideline? He sure as shit can’t break tackles for first downs on those two 3rd downs that Fields did, including converting the 3rd and 9 that iced the game.

Fields overall did not play better than Dalton on Sunday. That doesn’t mean he’s not the better quarterback, though. He is.

Visionman

Liked Posts:
Fields has shown an ability to make a mistake and learn from it. He called protections at the line a few times this week so he didn't get be-headed again. I bet he runs with two hands on the ball now and we wont see the off sides called against him again. I'd also bet he wont get burned on the LB dropping out and taking away the hot again. It was a shit game stat wise for him but it was a really good learning experience for him. He has to start from now on in order to become the player everyone is envisioning. Pompei is looking at it all wrong IMO.
Fields fumbled in preseason using a spin move, didn’t he? And he said he was going to retire it after that. Guess what he did Sunday? Sure it worked…this time. But did he lie about learning not to do it, or did he just default to something he’s done for years?

doctorbear

Liked Posts:
Bears going nowhere with Nagy and Dalton. Nowhere with Nagy and Fields either. Better to just let him get the reps either way

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
Are you that fucking stupid?

3 fucking minutes in the first half, so 6 minutes total.

WOW!
That’s an entire drive LOL.

I really do think Andy would have had more scoring drives, he was playing great.

94c4lt1

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
“Like pain in a teenager’s knees,” what the heck does that mean? Never heard that phrase before.
If Pompei is implying that teenagers knees should hurt, he shouldn't be allowed within 500 feet of schools. Yikes.

MidwestMonster2

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Fields fumbled in preseason using a spin move, didn’t he? And he said he was going to retire it after that. Guess what he did Sunday? Sure it worked…this time. But did he lie about learning not to do it, or did he just default to something he’s done for years?
Very good point. I completely forgot about that spin move. I might be giving the guy more credit than I should at this point. It was nice to see him call protections though. We shall see about some of the other things. I prefer to be optimistic at this point.

Visionman

Liked Posts:
Very good point. I completely forgot about that spin move. I might be giving the guy more credit than I should at this point. It was nice to see him call protections though. We shall see about some of the other things. I prefer to be optimistic at this point.
I do too. It’s just some bad habits may be a little harder to break than others. Some make it seem like he has a supercomputer for a brain and will never make the same mistake twice. The kid is human.

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:

I really do think Andy would have had more scoring drives, he was playing great.
So how much more do you think Dalton would have had over his 25 yard rushing and 56 yards passing with one more entire drive?

Answer honestly.

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:

His only scoring drive required a pass interference call to get into scoring range if I recall

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
So how much more do you think Dalton would have had over his 25 yard rushing and 56 yards passing with one more entire drive?

Answer honestly.
I have no idea. I don’t even remember where on the field Andy got hurt at. I think the offense would have scored another TD though, and that’s honestly all I care about.

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
His only scoring drive required a pass interference call to get into scoring range if I recall
So you discredit him because the other team committed a penalty?

Is this like Andy’s version of almost INTs? Jesus Christ the mental gymnastics this fan base is going through.

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
I have no idea. I don’t even remember where on the field Andy got hurt at. I think the offense would have scored another TD though, and that’s honestly all I care about.
Seeing that he only scored one TD in almost one half, that thinking he would have scored another TD is just wishful thinking ... and honestly THAT'S all I care about.

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
So you discredit him because the other team committed a penalty?

Is this like Andy’s version of almost INTs? Jesus Christ the mental gymnastics this fan base is going through.
No I said the offense struggled to move the ball. A 38 yard penalty is a large chunk of field

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
Seeing that he only scored one TD in almost one half, that thinking he would have scored another TD is just wishful thinking ... and honestly THAT'S all I care about.
Are you being disingenuous or serious? He got hurt on his second drive? He was literally 1/1 on healthy drives.

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Yeah but Andy still drew that PI? The ball had to be accurate.
And you blame others for mental gymnastics. Dalton wasn’t trying to draw a PI and not all balls have to be accurate to create one. Point being is 38 yards we’re giving to the bears because of Eli Apples mistake because before then Dalton kept throwing short while mooneys and Monty got yac to pick up the only two first downs they had on that drive. It was 3rd and 12 when Apple stupidly drew that penalty. At that time Dalton threw for 24 YARDS. How is that moving the ball or playing well? He literally Kyle orton’ed his way to a score before a huge penalty .

His second drive wasn’t much better. It was second and 12 after a false start, Dalton missed a pass to Monty only for another penalty to bail the offense out again because of taunting. He then completed more short passes while cincy got two more penalties. Dalton ended the day with 54 yards.
That is not moving the ball no matter how you try to spin it