Pompei: "Why didn't the Bears want Jim Harbaugh as head coach? It's a mystery."

BradyJay

Liked Posts:
Between the money and power he wants I'm not sure why these articles are necessary? The Bears hire first time head coaches for a reason...

Forty-six

Liked Posts:
Is it possible that Harbaugh wants nothing to do with the Bears organization since he is so familiar with the dysfunction that seems permanently embedded top to bottom?

I would have loved to see Harbaugh as the coach of the Bears but maybe he looked behind the curtain and and ran the other way.

BigBill

Liked Posts:
Teddy is a meek little mama's boy who only got to where he is because of his mommy. He doesn't want Harbaugh raising his voice to him, that raises his anxiety level and makes him cry. Eberflus is his man!

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
Teddy is a meek little mama's boy who only got to where he is because of his mommy. He doesn't want Harbaugh raising his voice to him, that raises his anxiety level and makes him cry. Eberflus is his man!
Bridgewater is a little soft spoken, but I wouldn't call him a mama's boy

Anytime45

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I think the Loho show gave us the real answer.

He isn't represented by Trace Armstrong. Is weird that there were these rumors floating around of Trace potentially being in charge of football operations and next thing you know it just so happens that his clients are all favorites to land Bears jobs and theres zero need to expand coaching lists outside of the McCaskey 3. Screenshot 2021-12-24 225603.jpg

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Is it possible that Harbaugh wants nothing to do with the Bears organization since he is so familiar with the dysfunction that seems permanently embedded top to bottom?

I think he knows the dysfunction well enough to want far more control than the McCaskeys will ever feel comfortable giving to a coach.

I think they have grown quite fond of having a GM that acts as both a buffer and a scapegoat.

DrGonzo

Gazpacho Police
Donator
Liked Posts:
If the McCaskeys' plan really is to get a stadium deal done and sell the team, let's say within five years, signing any coach to a ten (or seven) year contract could potentially be a headache they don't want.

I agree Eberflus was the safe, vanilla move and unlikely to turn this into a championship caliber team. I don't have to like the hire to understand it.

Hopefully Harbaugh doesn't end up in Minnesota making the Bears his bitch for the next decade.

pdxbearsfan

Liked Posts:
I was actually agreeing with you that Harbaugh gets more negative slants, but just stating why I think that is happening with Harbaugh.

I don't doubt that Harbaugh is a hell of coach. My main concern with him is how long before he wears out his welcome. His personality doesn't seem to be one that will work long term in the NFL. He strikes me as a guy that is better suited for college where he can have that total control, the natural player turnover even of your best players means everyone can deal with him because it's only going to be 3-4 years.

Other questions I have: Can he actually win a Superbowl in that 3-4 year window before he wears out the welcome? Can he coach a modern NFL offense? His previous stint with the 49ers had a top 10 rushing attack, with a top 3 defense, and a shitty passing game. Yes, you can still win with that, but you have to be perfect for it to work all the way to a Superbowl win because you have little to no margin for error. And it normally isn't sustainable at the NFL level.
Hit the nail on the head.

Username

Liked Posts:
A proven winning coach verses a bill of goods. This thread should be marked for necroposting 3 years from now so we all come back and laugh at the hopes and dreams of the meatheads.

Britbuffguy

Liked Posts:
Yeah well cya Poles then I mean what has he done? If his top choice was really Eberflus I already question his judgement.

I’ll take my chances with the proven guy, but that’s just me.
I guess I missed the part where Harbaugh said he was interested in the Chicago job.

Like always, too many retards in the fanbase.

Britbuffguy

Liked Posts:
Yeah who would want a proven HC that put together an offense that featured Alex Smith and then Kaepernick? QBs with different skillsets and he had a system that he could get the best out of both of them? yeah who wants that? this team is so fucking stupid
How many Superbowls did they win in that time? I think the answer is the same as the Bears, no?

Anytime45

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
How many Superbowls did they win in that time? I think the answer is the same as the Bears, no?
Yeah, its pretty hard to win a SB but you're lying to yourself if you wouldn't want the Bears to make 3 straight conference championships. They haven't come close to stringing together 3 good seasons like that in my lifetime.

So funny how much in denial people are over Harbaugh. Under a god awful GM, he put together 3 successful seasons, had multiple QBs develop under his staff and oh yeah, he can put together a phenomenal staff.

Trent Baalke's dumbass replaced him with Jim Tomsula hahahahahahaha

Spitta Andretti

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
A proven winning coach verses a bill of goods. This thread should be marked for necroposting 3 years from now so we all come back and laugh at the hopes and dreams of the meatheads.

a proven winning coach that wears out his welcome before they let his ass go no matter the results

Anytime45

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Because this whole interview was an instant classic.
I remember first hearing this while listening to Boers & Bernstein and i almost ran off the road i was laughing so hard. I would love for him to be the Bears hc just for the luls. Worth it.

TL1961

Liked Posts:

I would have loved to see Harbaugh as the coach of the Bears but maybe he looked behind the curtain and and ran the other way.
Perhaps we should address the opposite angle.

Those who know Harbaugh best, don't ant him.

He hasn't been hired anywhere else. He had a great record in San Fran and the fired him. What does that tell you? He went to a Super Bowl and NFC Championships, and they still deemed it not worth dealing with him.

Bears4Ever_34

Liked Posts:
With Harbaugh it’s all “well look at all that could go wrong”. But with Eberflus it’s all “look at all that can go right”.

The Bears don’t make these type of power moves with higher risk because their fan base does not demand it.
The amount of people simping for George McCaskey and his wallet has been nothing short of embarrassing, even for Bears fans.

Looks like Harbaugh to Minnesota, and he's bringing Vic Fangio with him. Have fun with that, Bears fans!