Pond Hockey is Back

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Fuck it why not edition.

About time they give this strategy a chance with Fleury before they throw in the towel!!

8 goals! Hawks win…

Any shred of hope left?

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Not to mention I hope they learned their lesson in the second period.

Remember who you are!!

The point of having a great netminder is you can be aggressive as fuck and trade chances without fear.
Skill players plus Fleury is dangerous. Fly Hawks fly!

KBIB

Would like my account deleted
Liked Posts:
I will say this;

Dach was invisible. Caleb was a +5.

Still, the Wings are a bad team. If they really are going run and gun, as a really slow team, they’re going to be on the receiving end of a couple ten goal bombs because as good as Flower has been, he’s not Hasak in his prime.

I can recall one game this season where CDH looked like an NHL player and somebody swears he has another game where he did and I’m taking their word on it. This guy is warm garbage in a rainstorm.

I noticed a lot of cherry picking by Cat and Kane. Teams are going to catch onto that sooner then later.

Seider is a stud. We got Dach, yay

Granada

Liked Posts:
Fuck it why not edition.

About time they give this strategy a chance with Fleury before they throw in the towel!!

8 goals! Hawks win…

Any shred of hope left?
Negative. If anything, my hopes are dashed all the more after last night's performance. A fricking 3 goal lead with less than 10 minutes to go isn't even safe with this club; and they blew a 4-goal lead, in the same game, against a subpar team. It's pathetic. I'm not directing any ire towards you, Rask, just to be clear -- it's this team, it's just so frustrating.

I can't wait until the day De Haan isn't on this team anymore.

When is Jones going to close his gaps between himself and shooters?

I wouldn't call Dach "invisible." He had a couple solid defensive plays and generated at least one Grade-A scoring chance that wasn't finished by (can't remember who exactly now). Yes, I'd like to see more from him obviously, but he wasn't "invisible" at least defensively and he was more of an asset than a liability on the ice last night.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Negative. If anything, my hopes are dashed all the more after last night's performance. A fricking 3 goal lead with less than 10 minutes to go isn't even safe with this club; and they blew a 4-goal lead, in the same game, against a subpar team. It's pathetic. I'm not directing any ire towards you, Rask, just to be clear -- it's this team, it's just so frustrating.

I can't wait until the day De Haan isn't on this team anymore.

When is Jones going to close his gaps between himself and shooters?

I wouldn't call Dach "invisible." He had a couple solid defensive plays and generated at least one Grade-A scoring chance that wasn't finished by (can't remember who exactly now). Yes, I'd like to see more from him obviously, but he wasn't "invisible" at least defensively and he was more of an asset than a liability on the ice last night.
I mean I agree it’s telling to me that this team can’t generate a goal for Kane. Nobody that pairs well with him can pass it back to him on the doorstep like he does them.

Dach is one of the better passers but they aren’t afraid of his offense and play off him, take away the passing lanes.

This team needs to let go of the shin shot that goalies learned in 2016 to eliminate rebounds from.

personally I would look long and hard at the 2019-20 era Ottawa senators because yes they were bad, and they couldn’t score in conventional ways…so they got very creative at manufacturing danger with some set plays and strategies.

point being don’t try to be the Penguins…be ourselves and consider other ways to create danger than dump and get run out the corner. Dump and chase isn’t really our thing.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
There was a game where the senators came back from 4 down against the Leafs…and it’s that entire month leading up to that and after…where you see a bad team without passing lanes start to repeat some patterns in front of the net.

that game was no fluke, they had been running that shit for weeks and I found their ability to cause teams issues intriguing given they had very little offensive talent.

Bigfoot

CCS Enforcer
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
DeHann play reminded me of my sons D partner when he just starts throwing pucks to the opposing team.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
All the Hawk broadcasters do is rant and rave about DeHaan's shot blocking. Fact is he misses far more than he blocks which causes an extra screen for MAF to deal with. I was beating the drum for his exit all last year.....I'm STILL beating on that drum. Get some kids up here. Fuck these backend of their career vets....this team is going nowhere.

And I don't give a rats ass if the kids can play or not....Im just so tired of watching these slow ass guys trying to hang on.

KBIB

Liked Posts:
Well, the bad news is a lot of teams are looking to get rid of players.

I was hopeful they could get a third for CDH but I doubt after that marvelous display against the Wings he even gets that much.

The Leafs are looking for D with term and I wonder what they could get for Murphy. I’m not a fan of any of their prospects and if the Hawks need to retain for years they better get at least a first.

Im thinking other teams junk is better then the Hawks junk.

Savard18

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

I was hopeful they could get a third for CDH but I doubt after that marvelous display against the Wings he even gets that much.

The Leafs are looking for D with term and I wonder what they could get for Murphy. I’m not a fan of any of their prospects and if the Hawks need to retain for years they better get at least a first.

Was thinking the same thing on CDH with that play on the Wings. I thought he was at least better once they dropped him to 2nd line D pairing. Thinking hmmmm they might actually be able to fool teams to get him as a depth D for a playoff run. But the problem like others saying here is their is lots of players available at deadline all kinds of teams are trying to dump their (junk). So far I've seen Kubalik, Strome and MAF all rumoured to PITT, WASH,NYR and EDM. someone tell reporters there are other teams in the league seems like they just throw the same teams out there with no merit.

KBIB

Liked Posts:
Was thinking the same thing on CDH with that play on the Wings. I thought he was at least better once they dropped him to 2nd line D pairing. Thinking hmmmm they might actually be able to fool teams to get him as a depth D for a playoff run. But the problem like others saying here is their is lots of players available at deadline all kinds of teams are trying to dump their (junk). So far I've seen Kubalik, Strome and MAF all rumoured to PITT, WASH,NYR and EDM. someone tell reporters there are other teams in the league seems like they just throw the same teams out there with no merit.
Honestly I think they get guys like DeHaan in some big room with one chair and make them watch some brainwashing technique like in Parallax view where first he sees videos of all his bad plays in between subliminal messages of “shot block” and “broke leg” in between pictures of babies crying and Thor, only to ramp up the flow of media to a super sonic speed in between messages of “your really not that bad” and “we traded for you, dumbass”.

Hasn’t worked yet. The guy probably has a mind like a steal trap and is totally secure in the fact he sucks.

My question is, if they are really bringing in a GM at the trade deadline, how is the guy going to have enough time to assess this team and take advantage of getting the most for the little the Hawks have?

And no offense you Hawks bloggers who read this forum for ideas, Strome has no value. None. The guy has been on the block for almost two years now and nobody has asked about him. You fools thinking you can get value over a seventh round pick are out to lunch and need either better drugs or start sharing the shit you already have so we can all get fucked up out of our minds. He’s a throw in at this point.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

Throw in Cat with Murphy and get Nylander back?