Poopsworld hinting at a big Bulls deal

ryguy24

Liked Posts:
I wouldn't get my hopes up, but hopefully Ingram is onto something. He's been hinting at this since at least a couple weeks ago when he made a quick mention.
Argie Grigorakos in Toronto, Ontario, Canada:
Hey Bill, Have you heard any rumours about the Bulls in regards to BG, the Draft, or Free Agency. Thanks.
Bill Ingram:
They're set on bringing back BG, but expect to see a major move involving one of their front court guys. I can't say more than that, but there will be a deal . . .think about what they almost did at the trade deadline.

http://www.hoopsworld.com/Chat.asp?CHAT_TOPICS_ID=341

ryguy24

Liked Posts:
If it's Amare he must be talking about later on because he said that Amare can't pass a physical now.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Resigning BG and getting a superstar big man? That would be Bulls heaven for me. Please oh please make it happen Gar

Newskoolbulls

Liked Posts:
clonetrooper264 wrote:
Resigning BG and getting a superstar big man? That would be Bulls heaven for me. Please oh please make it happen Gar

Yesir. Make it happen Mr. G.

chi_hawks_23

Liked Posts:
Good post skool.

I remember 3 main rumors at the deadline:

1 Luol to Portland for Lafrentz.
2 Kirk to Minny for picks/expirings
3 The house to Phoenix for Amare

Can we do all 3?

:)

houheffna

Ignoring Idiots
Liked Posts:
I am sure that whatever the Bulls are up to, some kind of rumor will be released very soon on one of the major sports websites. I believe the Hinrich thing.

I believe they might be interested in signing BG because I keep hearing that no one is going to pay $11mil per for him.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
houheffna wrote:
I am sure that whatever the Bulls are up to, some kind of rumor will be released very soon.
Isn't that what all these are...rumors?

houheffna

Ignoring Idiots
Liked Posts:
Isn't that what all these are...rumors?

I was talking about the major networks and sports websites. The closer the draft is, the more they will circulate rumors. then the mindset of the club may become more evident.

Medianotzu

Liked Posts:
Didn't this guy all but guarantee that Amare was headed to us at the deadline? I assume that's what he's talking about here as well, but maybe once bitten, twice shy. Still, I always have to question Ingram, Steve Kyler, et. al. from Hoopsworld. I'll believe it when I see it.

??? ??????

Liked Posts:
Ben Gordon staying and the Bulls getting Amare Stoudemire? What a perfect offseason. That's why it can't be true.

chi_hawks_23

Liked Posts:
??? ?????? wrote:
Ben Gordon staying and the Bulls getting Amare Stoudemire? What a perfect offseason. That's why it can't be true.

Thats what I was thinking.

But, maybe its time for the Bulls to finally go all in and cash in some of these assets for a player or two.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
chi_hawks_23 wrote:
??? ?????? wrote:

Thats what I was thinking.

But, maybe its time for the Bulls to finally go all in and cash in some of these assets for a player or two.
Definitely agree. If this can happen, I firmly believe that we will be contenders for sure. JR needs to suck it up and cough up some cash for the chance to win here. Imagine all the money he could get from ticket sales if the Bulls made it past the 2nd round for the first time in...10 years. What does he have to worry about anyway? Bulls are one of the most profitable organizations in the NBA. It's really a shame that it probably won't happen due to cheapness of all things...

??? ??????

Liked Posts:
BTW, I wouldn't knock this guy too much on the Amare thing. Doug said on his blog that he's heard from sources that it was pretty much a done deal, but the Suns backed out.

I think HoopsWorld probably doesn't make stuff up. They just don't filter through the rumors they're hearing enough.

dougthonus

Liked Posts:
The concept that hoopsworld just reports everythign without filter is probably accurate. You wouldn't believe what it's like to spend a day with a GM near the deadline and hear all the phone calls that go back and forth.

I believe 98% of the stuff reported is based on a real conversation, it's just that so many of the conversations are like: "Will you do give us ABC for XYZ" ... "no", then the rumor pops up, team X and team Y in talks about ABC for XYZ.

It was never a possibility, but it was a discussion.

I haven't heard anything recently about the Amare thing, but I heard it was done at the deadline until Phoenix backed out.

Dpauley23

Liked Posts:
I've heard it the other way where the gms sugarcoat who there looking for like Amare as one gm would say I'm looking for athletic power forward who scores at high volume. Also alot of times one gm would ask about a player and then it becomes that the team is shopping him. By the way I also heard that, but I think Ingram isn't giving us details because him and Kerr seem to have good relationship

Bullsman24

Mr Metta World Peace
Liked Posts:
hey doug, do you know the possible deal that the suns backed out of?

??? ??????

Liked Posts:
Drew Gooden, Tyrus Thomas, Thabo Sefolosha, and draft picks for Amare.

Bullsman24

Mr Metta World Peace
Liked Posts:
wow, that would have been AMAZING.

basically what we got brad miller and what we gave for the #26 plus an inconsistent PF for amare. dear lord, if we did that i would've fainted.