My favorite teams
  1. Colorado Rockies
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  2. Orlando Magic
  3. Phoenix Suns
  4. Sacramento Kings
  1. Columbus Blue Jackets
I had a pretty bad accident in the garden Saturday. Landscapers cutting down dead bushes and planting new ones. I stepped on one the the small stumps, tried to catch my balance then stepped on another stump. Rolled down the hill and there is a stump sticking into my knee. Massive bruises and cuts on my hands arms and legs. Blood spurting everywhere. Wife wanted to call the ambulance but I said no. Fours hours later I got it to stop bleeding. Feel like I was in a car accident

Leomaz

Pissing people off the right way!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
  2. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Get well soon

Hbkrusso

Objective Fanboy
Donator
Liked Posts:
I had a pretty bad accident in the garden Saturday. Landscapers cutting down dead bushes and planting new ones. I stepped on one the the small stumps, tried to catch my balance then stepped on another stump. Rolled down the hill and there is a stump sticking into my knee. Massive bruises and cuts on my hands arms and legs. Blood spurting everywhere. Wife wanted to call the ambulance but I said no. Fours hours later I got it to stop bleeding. Feel like I was in a car accident
Feel better buddy

I had a similar incident once when i was drinking shine and a root made me fall in my bonfire and i burnt mah leg it really sucked
Hope ya heal up quick bud

Omeletpants

Save America
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Colorado Rockies
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  2. Orlando Magic
  3. Phoenix Suns
  4. Sacramento Kings
  1. Columbus Blue Jackets
Thanks guys.

Since I was diagnosed with arthritis in my hips 15 years ago my health has been failing. Very hard to get out of chairs, couch and I have terrible balance. Stepped in that gopher hole 3 years ago a cut off two finger tips when I fell using the bush trimmer. Nearly fell down the basement stairs. My legs collapsed in the yard and just missed hitting my head on a 1000 pound bolder.

I Played some college football (poorly) and was a 5 day a week workout guy and single digit golfer. In my mind I'm still 35 but my body says 65. It makes me sad when I have to hire people to do all this manual work in my life

Lesson to you guys: dont get old and have a lot of sons

Omeletpants

Save America
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Colorado Rockies
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  2. Orlando Magic
  3. Phoenix Suns
  4. Sacramento Kings
  1. Columbus Blue Jackets
Feel better buddy

I had a similar incident once when i was drinking shine and a root made me fall in my bonfire and i burnt mah leg it really sucked
Hope ya heal up quick bud
Wife is very pissed I wouldnt call for an ambulance. What did people do before ambulances? It wasnt life threatening, I have bruises all over my legs and hands and arms. And I finally go the bleeding to stop on my left knee and both legs

Last edited:

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Believe it or not, I'm sorry to hear that. I hope you heal up quickly.

Urblock

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Damn Ommie. When I hit 55 I decided it was time to pay young guys to do the hard work. I could still do it but then hurt like hell for a few days. Fuck that. Take care buddy.
On the balance thing. When I lost most of vision my balance went to hell. When I had surgery on my eyes this summer my vision and balance returned. Have your eyes checked if it's been awhile. Good luck.
My hip was terrible so 10 yr ago I had it replaced and it is still great. Again talk to the Doc.

Omeletpants

Save America
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Colorado Rockies
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  2. Orlando Magic
  3. Phoenix Suns
  4. Sacramento Kings
  1. Columbus Blue Jackets
Damn Ommie. When I hit 55 I decided it was time to pay young guys to do the hard work. I could still do it but then hurt like hell for a few days. Fuck that. Take care buddy.
On the balance thing. When I lost most of vision my balance went to hell. When I had surgery on my eyes this summer my vision and balance returned. Have your eyes checked if it's been awhile. Good luck.
My hip was terrible so 10 yr ago I had it replaced and it is still great. Again talk to the Doc.

Omeletpants

Save America
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Colorado Rockies
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  2. Orlando Magic
  3. Phoenix Suns
  4. Sacramento Kings
  1. Columbus Blue Jackets
The arthritis in my hips have deteriorated all my cartilage. So, it's bone on bone and doesnt engage. All the sudden it wont lock in and Im on the floor. Just ridiculous cause it takes me 10 minutes to get up. Had to scoot on my butt into another room to find furniture that I could use to support me up

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Wife is very pissed I wouldnt call for an ambulance. What did people do before ambulances? It wasnt life threatening, I have bruises all over my legs and hands and arms. And I finally go the bleeding to stop on my left knee and both legs

Used to be someone called for the doctor....

Then he would come over and saw your leg off lol

FTR this is what Urgent Care or Immediate Care excels at if you have one near your home.

It is great for those injuries where you know you could used some help, but don't think it warrants an ambulance or an ER visit.

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:
Rest up Ommy.

With the arthritis in the hips try yoga. For guys of your vintage it seems fruity, but it can add substantial range of motion and enhance balance. Also, it's an anaerobic exercise, so with your previous 5 days a week workout your body should respond fairly well. Finally if you are having difficulties motivating your old bones to get to class just remember:

Screen-Shot-2016-01-21-at-10.04.38-AM.png

BearFanJohn

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Indeed, get well and feel better soon.

Omeletpants

Save America
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Colorado Rockies
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  2. Orlando Magic
  3. Phoenix Suns
  4. Sacramento Kings
  1. Columbus Blue Jackets
Rest up Ommy.

With the arthritis in the hips try yoga. For guys of your vintage it seems fruity, but it can add substantial range of motion and enhance balance. Also, it's an anaerobic exercise, so with your previous 5 days a week workout your body should respond fairly well. Finally if you are having difficulties motivating your old bones to get to class just remember:

Screen-Shot-2016-01-21-at-10.04.38-AM.png
15 years ago I was a 3x week yoga senior monster. Easily touch floor with palms of my hands and instructor was amazed I could stay with the 22 year old chicks. Then the arthritis hit and ended all that

RacerX

Silicon Valley CA Bears H
Liked Posts:
15 years ago I was a 3x week yoga senior monster. Easily touch floor with palms of my hands and instructor was amazed I could stay with the 22 year old chicks. Then the arthritis hit and ended all that

I recommend wheelchair yoga and mall walking.
yoga.jpgmall.png

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:
You seem competition driven. Take it down a knotch. Don't have to compete at yoga and only do what your body will allow.

Also, try CBD/weed. I'm confident this will create internal conflict, but if you aren't happy you owe it to yourself to find solutions.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Be more interesting.

Omeletpants

Save America
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Colorado Rockies
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  2. Orlando Magic
  3. Phoenix Suns
  4. Sacramento Kings
  1. Columbus Blue Jackets
While I resting my leg, I'm watching Judge Jerry Springer and show about a cat having a sex change operation