Positions Poles is likely to continue to ignore after free agency for a second straight offseason

Montucky

Liked Posts:
Its a bit remarkable for a Chicago team to ignore defensive line like this. Even Phil Emery didn't completely neglect the position group to let it become this bad.

Offensive line though? Its been an afterthought for the Bears my entire life. Second straight off-season? More like thirty-second straight off-season.

RandomGuy

Liked Posts:
Poles has said that he wants to rebuild through the draft and that the trenches are his priority.
Wouldn't it be wise to assume that he intends to build through the trenches in the draft?
I trust Poles, personally. I think that he has a vision and that he will follow through with it.
I trust Poles far more than I have trusted any GM of the Bears in many years.
I believe that he knows what he wants and that he will build it his own way. He wants to build a consistent contender and I am all behind him. Whether it works or not remains to be seen.

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
It's odd to me how some are saying we don't need an OT because we got a 5th last year but with 2 DBs in the 2nd we still need more.

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Poles has said that he wants to rebuild through the draft and that the trenches are his priority.
Wouldn't it be wise to assume that he intends to build through the trenches in the draft?
I trust Poles, personally. I think that he has a vision and that he will follow through with it.
I believe that he knows what he wants and that he will build it his own way. He wants to build a consistent contender and I am all behind him. Whether it works or not remains to be seen.

I trust Poles too… but they all say that stuff. This draft will be very telling.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Its a bit remarkable for a Chicago team to ignore defensive line like this. Even Phil Emery didn't completely neglect the position group to let it become this bad.

Offensive line though? Its been an afterthought for the Bears my entire life. Second straight off-season? More like thirty-second straight off-season.
Regardless of what Emery tried to do on the defensive line, it was still a steaming pile of shit.

RiDLer80

First time, long time.
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Miami Hurricanes
  2. Northern Illinois Huskies
Judging by his acquisitions through two free agency's and one draft, he hasn't shown the trenches to be his priority.

This draft he needs to commit heavy resources early to both lines.

Montucky

Liked Posts:
Regardless of what Emery tried to do on the defensive line, it was still a steaming pile of shit.
Julius Peppers, Willie Young, Stephen Paea, Lamarr Houston...hell even Corey Wooton...look like Aaron Donald compared to this shit. One of your current starting defensive ends played fucking quarterback in college, and he's probably got more potential than everyone else on defensive line combined.

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Julius Peppers, Willie Young, Stephen Paea, Lamarr Houston...hell even Corey Wooton...look like Aaron Donald compared to this shit. One of your current starting defensive ends played fucking quarterback in college, and he's probably got more potential than everyone else on defensive line combined.

“Looked” better on paper. But still gave similar, if not worse, results. He also didn’t add Paea, Peppers or Wooten but you be you and make up shit as you go along. Hell, I’m surprised you didn’t list the incredible Jared Allen & Jay Ratliff! Lmao. And no, none of them look like Aaron Donald compared to this shit. Emery’s Defenses gave up 50+ on 3 occasions.

doctorbear

Liked Posts:
What about last year? Doesn’t count?

mecha

Liked Posts:
Peppers, Paea, and Wootton were all Angelo moves. they were also pieces of good defenses. so I don't really understand where you're going here.

to your credit however, the rest were Emery moves. you scored 2/5. you fail.

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Peppers, Paea, and Wootton were all Angelo moves. they were also pieces of good defenses. so I don't really understand where you're going here.

to your credit however, the rest were Emery moves. you scored 2/5. you fail.
2/5 is better than his usual score

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Every GM says that.

I think its hilarious that fans saw a GM make hail mary trench selections day 3, finds one average player and now everyone trusts that he's going to take one top 50 pick and fix two position groups.

Im already tired of the leash i know this guy is going to get.

Nelly

Liked Posts:
For all the talk of how much we need on the D-line, it's got better from last year. Walker and Billings are both upgrades over what we had last year if they're not huge ones. I don't expect anything more from Trevis Gipson but maybe we'll get some development out of Dominique Robinson. No doubt we need more but that's what the draft and post-draft free-agency is going to be for.

Edit to add: i don't think Poles thinks he needs to put a top tier D-line out there this coming year. I think if we end up with a somewhat average one collectively after last year's hot garbage, that's a win.

Last edited:
Reactions: chi

mecha

Liked Posts:
Every GM says that.

I think its hilarious that fans saw a GM make hail mary trench selections day 3, finds one average player and now everyone trusts that he's going to take one top 50 pick and fix two position groups.

Im already tired of the leash i know this guy is going to get.
I mean really everyone has been shitting on Poles since he was hired. lol lot of people act like you can just buy whatever player you want and it doesn't work like that. my expectations are that the Bears won't have a shot at being good until 2024 the earliest. all the hair pulling and shitting blood over what Poles does until that point is just unnecessary.

we'll see what happens. have a blessed day my brother.

SugarWalls

Liked Posts:
But but but I was told to not panic after the initial free agency because ‘it’s still early who says poles is done signing FA’s for the d line and o line!’

Lmao so fkn weird that not much else was done

Reactions: Myk

JordanSigler

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
But but but I was told to not panic after the initial free agency because ‘it’s still early who says poles is done signing FA’s for the d line and o line!’

Lmao so fkn weird that not much else was done
Umm, I mean he signed Riley Reiff, Leatherwood,