Positions Poles is likely to continue to ignore after free agency for a second straight offseason

vinson555

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Pretty sure we still have 35 million in cap space and 10 draft pics, it's still not over... Plus, you can't fix everything in one offseason. I'd much rather this draft focus on build the offensive Line that will protect Fields for the next 5 plus years.

Jones is a wait and see, not a finished product by any meants

Whitehair no longer fits the timeline for Fields. He is not dynamic enough to be a 30+ year old Guard who is showing signs of regression a little sooner than average for O linemen than you might like... makes you wonder why he was extended when I always felt like he was just average and replaceable the whole time

Patrick crazy as it sounds, the two drives he was at Center, I could tell there was more this offense was willing to do. Too bad he got hurt as his contract and age do line up the Best with Fields... if Poles actually gave him the year to give he the shot to remain a starter in this league, I'm okay with it, but not happy about it... The draft will tell you plenty..

Jenkins the fact of the matter is, his injury history is the main reason you don't want him to be the tackle of the future. Pace and paper made a steal of a pic getting a guy who was graded first round talent in round two, but by training camp most of us could see that something was wrong... Poles trying to turn a nickel into 10 bucks putting him a guard and it worked. He, however is replaceable if he can't stay on the field. At the very least need someone cheap behind him who can step in a few games each year if this is chronic.

There is no Right Tackle... moving on...

SugarWalls

Liked Posts:
Pretty sure we still have 35 million in cap space and 10 draft pics, it's still not over... Plus, you can't fix everything in one offseason. I'd much rather this draft focus on build the offensive Line that will protect Fields for the next 5 plus years.

Jones is a wait and see, not a finished product by any meants

Whitehair no longer fits the timeline for Fields. He is not dynamic enough to be a 30+ year old Guard who is showing signs of regression a little sooner than average for O linemen than you might like... makes you wonder why he was extended when I always felt like he was just average and replaceable the whole time

Patrick crazy as it sounds, the two drives he was at Center, I could tell there was more this offense was willing to do. Too bad he got hurt as his contract and age do line up the Best with Fields... if Poles actually gave him the year to give he the shot to remain a starter in this league, I'm okay with it, but not happy about it... The draft will tell you plenty..

Jenkins the fact of the matter is, his injury history is the main reason you don't want him to be the tackle of the future. Pace and paper made a steal of a pic getting a guy who was graded first round talent in round two, but by training camp most of us could see that something was wrong... Poles trying to turn a nickel into 10 bucks putting him a guard and it worked. He, however is replaceable if he can't stay on the field. At the very least need someone cheap behind him who can step in a few games each year if this is chronic.

There is no Right Tackle... moving on...
You realize this is essentially the exact same story that was told last year right? Do you guys have dementia or just short term memory loss?

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
I mean really everyone has been shitting on Poles since he was hired. lol lot of people act like you can just buy whatever player you want and it doesn't work like that. my expectations are that the Bears won't have a shot at being good until 2024 the earliest. all the hair pulling and shitting blood over what Poles does until that point is just unnecessary.

we'll see what happens. have a blessed day my brother.

It doesn't take Poles for me to shit blood and is precisely the reason I'm not wasting the rest of my life on a team that refuses to have an offense.
I guess according to you I shouldn't bother waiting into the season before calling it a wrap for this shit show of a team because it's going to be wait until next year even before the seasons start in perpetuity.

Congrats, you've topped Cubs fans who would at least wait until after yet another failure of a season before saying that. It only took them what 106 years? 2091 at the earliest. And with you handing them excuses way into the future maybe even 3050. 1065 year rebuild, Go Bears, grrrr.

vinson555

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
You realize this is essentially the exact same story that was told last year right? Do you guys have dementia or just short term memory loss?
I remember this story more when people here had more hope for Mumps to be an okay starting Center... that dream died quick.

SugarWalls

Liked Posts:
I remember this story more when people here had more hope for Mumps to be an okay starting Center... that dream died quick.
People said signing reif would help, expected borom to improve on rookie season, and then they picked up leatherwood.

All in all so far this line looks much the same minus reif who was an upgrade to borom, which is sad because reif was mediocre. They also had to shuffle Patrick and then schofield in? Either way, little change, expect more of the same.

vinson555

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
People said signing reif would help, expected borom to improve on rookie season, and then they picked up leatherwood.

All in all so far this line looks much the same minus reif who was an upgrade to borom, which is sad because reif was mediocre. They also had to shuffle Patrick and then schofield in? Either way, little change, expect more of the same.
I should of also added...

GM: I want to build the core of my team through the draft

Posters: WHY ISN'T SPENDING MONEY ON FREE AGENT OLINE???? RAGE!!!!

Poles: what did I say last year....

So this F agency doesn't really shock me...

Feel free to rage if the Draft shows no signs of an upgrade.

mecha

Liked Posts:
It doesn't take Poles for me to shit blood and is precisely the reason I'm not wasting the rest of my life on a team that refuses to have an offense.
I guess according to you I shouldn't bother waiting into the season before calling it a wrap for this shit show of a team because it's going to be wait until next year even before the seasons start in perpetuity.

Congrats, you've topped Cubs fans who would at least wait until after yet another failure of a season before saying that. It only took them what 106 years? 2091 at the earliest. And with you handing them excuses way into the future maybe even 3050. 1065 year rebuild, Go Bears, grrrr.
thanks Kym. have a great weekend.

SugarWalls

Liked Posts:
I should of also added...

GM: I want to build the core of my team through the draft

Posters: WHY ISN'T SPENDING MONEY ON FREE AGENT OLINE???? RAGE!!!!

Poles: what did I say last year....

So this F agency doesn't really shock me...

Feel free to rage if the Draft shows no signs of an upgrade.
He wants to build through the draft like literally every other team in the nfl.

This just in: poles says water is wet!

bears51/40

Liked Posts:
For all the talk of how much we need on the D-line, it's got better from last year. Walker and Billings are both upgrades over what we had last year if they're not huge ones. I don't expect anything more from Trevis Gipson but maybe we'll get some development out of Dominique Robinson. No doubt we need more but that's what the draft and post-draft free-agency is going to be for.

Edit to add: i don't think Poles thinks he needs to put a top tier D-line out there this coming year. I think if we end up with a somewhat average one collectively after last year's hot garbage, that's a win.
What it looks like on D is that Poles is building back to front. Let's see what happens when players are cut for cap reasons and what the draft brings.