Positives about where we are

jazzmcfunk

Liked Posts:
I've been thinking about the concerns that many posters have had about the current situation and how bad the team is projected to be. I have the tendency to find positives in almost any situation, so here goes:

1. Fair weather fans are long gone at this point. It's easy to be a fan when your team is winning. Those who are sticking it out will have more satisfaction when the team hits success ( which I think will be sooner than later).
2. Challenge and obstacles will forge tough character. The players who are going to be the core for a winning team will show their true character in the face of adversity. I am interested to see who will rise up. I want warriors on my team. That's old school Bear mentality and I like it.
3. There's a lot to look forward to in the future. The front office is clearing out the old and stagnant. We have an upcoming group of young players who have potential.
4. Our coaches haven't called a single play for this team. To make it to the NFL as a coach is not easy. I have confidence that the coaches are going to make good decisions because at this point I don't have a reason to not.
5. There is no crystal ball. No one know precisely what will happen. When the game starts, I always think we have a chance to win. Are the odds stacked against the 2022 Bears? Yes. And that's how I like it. Cheering for the underdog and watching them prove the 'experts' wrong? Yes please.

Last edited:

HearshotKDS

Liked Posts:
They’ve done the “hard” parts of closing the previous competitive window so they can rebuild - and found the “QB of the present” who has a good chance to also be the “QB of the future”. Cap looks great after this year as well, and they have almost all of their draft capital going forward. If you look at a rebuild as 2 parts - p1 tearing down the old and p2 build up new - the Bears have done a decent job at completing p1.

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
You forgot " Hey, because why not?"

Hey ya never know?

Any given Sunday

Broken clocks are right twice a day

Blind squirrels get nuts too... I think? Never actually seen that.

Also Bear weather

Zvbxrpl

Liked Posts:
1. Fair weather fans are long gone at this point. It's easy to be a fan when your team is winning. Those who are sticking it out will have more satisfaction when the team hits success ( which I think will be sooner than later).
You start off the bat with this word salad of nothing. Your first point is usually your strongest, what you can fall back on when people try to poke holes in your argument and your starting point is not about the team--who you want to express optimism for, but the fans.

People aren't going to put their money into a shitty product. Simple as that. Call them fair weather all you want, it's not a positive about the team or even a "half full" situation. The team's been nosediving since 2018 and are a couple months fresh off a house cleaning staff/players wise. And its funny how some are surprised that others will find things to do on Sunday afternoons in fall that don't involve investing their time in a shitty product.

Not looking good.

2. Challenge and obstacles will forge tough character. The players who are going to be the core for a winning team will show their true character in the face of adversity. I am interested to see who will rise up. I want warriors on my team. That's old school Bear mentality and I like it.
Again, word salad of nothing. John Fox was a "rough and tough, character forging challenge and obstacles" guy who got rid of bad characters and guys whose hearts weren't "warriors for the team" like Alshon Jeffery. He gave very similar drivel to this.

How'd he do after 3 years? Hell I'll put Fox ahead of Flus even knowing he bombed as a HC here. He at least brought Vic Fangio. Flus is the defensive guru who won't call the defense.

3. There's a lot to look forward to in the future. The front office is clearing out the old and stagnant. We have an upcoming group of young players who have potential.
LOL didn't we say the same things about Pace and Emery clearing out their predecessors?

Pace had young guys with potential. But a lot of things stay the same. Like drafting your plan for LT in the 5th round.

This is the "feel good" time post-draft and pre-season. "Potential" is all a bottom-feeding team has to cling onto. You don't know who sucks or not. We wont know until the pads are on and the players are playing. The smart fans are reserving judgement for seeing the guys on the field. Smart fans also know this team didn't have much talent on it to begin with when Poles took over, much of it is gone, and it hasn't can't be replaced instantly--which Poles things given his reservedness on the FA market.

4. Our coaches haven't called a single play for this team. To make it to the NFL as a coach is not easy. I have confidence that the coaches are going to make good decisions because at this point I don't have a reason to not.

The coaches haven't called a single play for this team? No shit, sherlock. We base our opinion on observing them calling plays for other teams which got them promotions. So did George, Sweaty Ted, and the board of directors when they did their research/made the decision to hire guys.

I don't share the same optimism you do. Not being a negative nancy, I hope Getsy is the man and makes chicken salad out of the heaping piles of chicken shit masquerading as offense--even if it means he's gone in a year because a good OC/lucky guy with the OC title on a good offense becomes someone else's head coach.

But Alan Williams? LOL. Look up this guy's resume calling plays for Minnesota and tell me with a straight face you're confident he'll make good decisions.

5. There is no crystal ball. No one know precisely what will happen. When the game starts, I always think we have a chance to win. Are the odds stacked against the 2022 Bears? Yes. And that's how I like it. Cheering for the underdog and watching them prove the 'experts' wrong? Yes please.
Gotta give you props for being half-full. At least you acknowledge we don't know.

But you haven't given us any positives or explanation (nor the visionless idiot) about how this team wins more than 4 games this fall? The fair weather fans you scoff at aren't playing the games.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
I remember when I was in high school. I also believed no matter what every year lol

Visionman

Liked Posts:
You start off the bat with this word salad of nothing. Your first point is usually your strongest, what you can fall back on when people try to poke holes in your argument and your starting point is not about the team--who you want to express optimism for, but the fans.

People aren't going to put their money into a shitty product. Simple as that. Call them fair weather all you want, it's not a positive about the team or even a "half full" situation. The team's been nosediving since 2018 and are a couple months fresh off a house cleaning staff/players wise. And its funny how some are surprised that others will find things to do on Sunday afternoons in fall that don't involve investing their time in a shitty product.

Not looking good.

Again, word salad of nothing. John Fox was a "rough and tough, character forging challenge and obstacles" guy who got rid of bad characters and guys whose hearts weren't "warriors for the team" like Alshon Jeffery. He gave very similar drivel to this.

How'd he do after 3 years? Hell I'll put Fox ahead of Flus even knowing he bombed as a HC here. He at least brought Vic Fangio. Flus is the defensive guru who won't call the defense.

LOL didn't we say the same things about Pace and Emery clearing out their predecessors?

Pace had young guys with potential. But a lot of things stay the same. Like drafting your plan for LT in the 5th round.

This is the "feel good" time post-draft and pre-season. "Potential" is all a bottom-feeding team has to cling onto. You don't know who sucks or not. We wont know until the pads are on and the players are playing. The smart fans are reserving judgement for seeing the guys on the field. Smart fans also know this team didn't have much talent on it to begin with when Poles took over, much of it is gone, and it hasn't can't be replaced instantly--which Poles things given his reservedness on the FA market.

The coaches haven't called a single play for this team? No shit, sherlock. We base our opinion on observing them calling plays for other teams which got them promotions. So did George, Sweaty Ted, and the board of directors when they did their research/made the decision to hire guys.

I don't share the same optimism you do. Not being a negative nancy, I hope Getsy is the man and makes chicken salad out of the heaping piles of chicken shit masquerading as offense--even if it means he's gone in a year because a good OC/lucky guy with the OC title on a good offense becomes someone else's head coach.

But Alan Williams? LOL. Look up this guy's resume calling plays for Minnesota and tell me with a straight face you're confident he'll make good decisions.

Gotta give you props for being half-full. At least you acknowledge we don't know.

But you haven't given us any positives or explanation (nor the visionless idiot) about how this team wins more than 4 games this fall? The fair weather fans you scoff at aren't playing the games.
A lot of nothing in all those words…

Noonthirtyjoe

Liked Posts:
Top positives for me.
1. Nagy is gone. We will be able to judge our QB now.
2. New coaching staff is not spending foolishly and will be building thru the draft.
3. I am excited with our new CB and safety, now our FS can get back to playing center field and being a star player again.
There is more but these are my top things.

bears51/40

Liked Posts:
Agree with you, OP. And I think the team will be a lot better this year than much of these clueless fans think…
I find it more the media than Bear fans that are ripping on this team.

The Doctor

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
rcg.jpg

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Top positives for me.
2. New coaching staff is not spending foolishly and will be building thru the draft.
3. I am excited with our new CB and safety, now our FS can get back to playing center field and being a star player again.
I didn’t realize the coaching staff was in charge of FA spending decisions. Man, that Poles has a cushy job…gets paid and doesn’t have to work!

also, just because Nagy is gone, doesn’t mean we will be able to fairly judge the QB position now

bears5150

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
This year I don't care how many wins they end up with. That being said I want to see Hells Bells effort on ever play and at the end of the day we se where we are at, at least we would have some sort of reality to what we need and don't need.

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
I've been thinking about the concerns that many posters have had about the current situation and how bad the team is projected to be. I have the tendency to find positives in almost any situation, so here goes:

Does part of our satisfaction come from the knowledge that the fair weather fans will come back the instant that the Bears have success?
Or it could be like the Lions: some of the greatest warriors in Lions' history, like Barry Sanders and Calvin Johnson, decided to retire early because of the team's never ending shit show. Hopefully, not.
Or looking at it another way, the Bears are replacing established players for lottery tickets. Sure, there is a potential to win lotto, but, chances are, the winning numbers will not hit.
I have yet to date one of the Brazilian super models here. I have confidence that it will happen because at this point I also have no reason to believe that it won't happen.
I like to play the lottery here because, when the game starts, I always think I have a chance to win. Are the odds stacked against me? Yes, and that's how I like it. Cheering for the winning ball combination to come up and watching the lottery odds of winning be proven wrong. I am all for that.

Someone needs to change their name to Pollyanna.
  1. an excessively cheerful or optimistic person:
    "what I am saying makes me sound like some ageing Pollyanna who just wants to pretend that all is sweetness and light"

napo55

Liked Posts:
Might as well have hope that this team can jell, even if we realize it's unlikely.

Just wish the new management had prioritized support for Justin Fields.

DrGonzo

Gazpacho Police
Donator
Liked Posts:
I believe there is enough talent on the oline for it to improve to average by the end of the season. That's my positive. Oline is still gonna suck coming out of the gate though.

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
Top positives for me.
Quit with the hype bowl