Possible new O-line coach to be had: Bill Callahan

Johnny Flash

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Just wanted to leave that here for you guys to discuss. I don't know anything about the source's credibility, so, as always, take this with a grain of salt.

Bears attempting to hire Bill Callahan

I would be absolutely thrilled if Poles and Flus could pry him from the Brownies and get him to Chicago. He was imo a major factor why their O-line is the stellar unit it is today. That would indeed be a splash hire. What do you think?

Mods, feel free to shut this thread down if this has already been posted anywhere.

Brownie

Liked Posts:
Is he still in contract or could he even make a lateral move like this? Are there rules for position coaches?

legendxofxlink

Whistle Dixie
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nashville Predators
  1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers
Obvious no brainer here. Pay him more than the OC.

Milky

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Is he still in contract or could he even make a lateral move like this? Are there rules for position coaches?
They could offer him the asst HC title to make it a promotion. Not totally unheard of for a positional coach to have that title, I believe Marinelli was asst HC for Lovie while he was DL coach before he became DC.

Speaking of Rod that would be another great get for an assistant.

HC: Fluss
OC: Getsy
OL: Callahan (asst HC)
DC: Borgonzi
DL: Marinelli
ST: Bisaccia

That would be the making of pretty good staff as long as Getsy can develop an offense for Fields (I have my doubts).

Spitta Andretti

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Callahan was born and has ties here. So it would make sense for him

dentfan

No gods! No Masters!
Liked Posts:
They could offer him the asst HC title to make it a promotion. Not totally unheard of for a positional coach to have that title, I believe Marinelli was asst HC for Lovie while he was DL coach before he became DC.

Speaking of Rod that would be another great get for an assistant.

HC: Fluss
OC: Getsy
OL: Callahan (asst HC)
DC: Borgonzi
DL: Marinelli
ST: Bisaccia

That would be the making of pretty good staff as long as Getsy can develop an offense for Fields (I have my doubts).
Making who many consider the best offensive line coach in the league an assistant head coach would be a coup.

Wherever scheme would be run would be blocked effectively and talent would be developed. Look at their C as an example. I’m very impressed with his coaching and development of players.

Using the OC as a basic position of development and playcalling under an OL guru would make this a very desirable place to go for OCs who aspire to be an HC one day.

Johnny Flash

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I wouldn't even be mad if he got the call to be running game coordinator or even assistant HC. I mean, the guy who knows blocking schemes in and out, be it run game or pass pro, and has done it since forever would certainly be a boon for any newly minted HC out there. So get it done, Pac... Poles, it's Poles now.

dreadpirateroberts

Liked Posts:
He took a 5th round pick in Wyatt Teller and developed him into an All-Pro.