Possums, rodents, and other nuisances

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
Got some possums living under the deck. Heard one of the dogs barking like a maniac last night and more vicious than I’ve ever heard…ran downstairs to the backyard and he had the biggest possum I’ve ever seen cornered at the side of the yard…could not believe how big this thing was….got him to come inside but he had blood on his mouth so he delivered a blow to this thing…

Both dogs have been going nuts on the deck for the last few months. I thought maybe it was bunnies but no…nasty ass possums. Let’s hear some stories of bastard ass critters invading on the home turf

HearshotKDS

Liked Posts:
Good news is possums dont have rabies. We used to have an Akita who would tear Raccoon ass up but would have to get the booster shotdamn near every summer.

ytsejam

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Got some possums living under the deck. Heard one of the dogs barking like a maniac last night and more vicious than I’ve ever heard…ran downstairs to the backyard and he had the biggest possum I’ve ever seen cornered at the side of the yard…could not believe how big this thing was….got him to come inside but he had blood on his mouth so he delivered a blow to this thing…

Both dogs have been going nuts on the deck for the last few months. I thought maybe it was bunnies but no…nasty ass possums. Let’s hear some stories of bastard ass critters invading on the home turf
What are you gonna do?
Let them live there?
Buy some giant snakes to eat them?
Toss a grenade under your deck?

Enasic

Liked Posts:
What are you gonna do?
Let them live there?
Buy some giant snakes to eat them?
Toss a grenade under your deck?
Thought about a grenade….

It’s actually a pretty easy solution…when we bought the house the deck was pretty janky and there’s some openings a possum could easily get into…I’m gonna get some lumber and plug those openings and it should be good.

Enasic

Liked Posts:
Good news is possums dont have rabies. We used to have an Akita who would tear Raccoon ass up but would have to get the booster shotdamn near every summer.
Yeah that’s what I hear. Both my dogs are up to date on their shots so not too concerned there. I was a bit worried because this possum was yoked…it was literally probably 25–30 pounds and they have a mouth full of nasty teeth…my one dog is a hunter though and not one to be played with and he’s only a little under 40 pounds…very muscular and strong for his size…in the time we’ve lived here he’s killed 3 bunnies and a bird…but I think he was a bit shook that the possum was a worthy adversary and wasn’t backing down lol

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My friends dog (about the size of a golden retriever) went right through his electric fence to go after a possum. The dog got bit and the skin torn open right near his eye. Could have been worse, but vet bill suck.

DC

Minister of Archaic Titillations
Donator
Liked Posts:
Nothing too scary where I've lived the past 20 years. But in Tucson, when I was growing up, scorpions were a menace. Still in the habit of shaking out my shoes bc of what I've seen friends go through at the worst possible time. Knee-droppingly powerful. Shivers.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
There are these nasty little things called wallgreens.

I fear there'll be one on every street corner soon.

airtime143

This place is dead and buried.
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:

I had possums at the old place- A couple of cheap plug in motion detecting lights kept them out.
Apparently Possums keep multiple dens so evicting them is pretty easy, they just abandon the bothersome one.

Laughably, my biggest pest at the moment is a couple of dove nests.
Left my garage open a few days and the damn things moved in again, one on top of each garage door opener.
the babies have already hatched, so when they fly the nest I am putting a shelf outside and gonna plop the nests on there.
If they dont like it, they can find a tree like a normal bird.

airtime143

CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
There are these nasty little things called wallgreens.

I fear there'll be one on every street corner soon.
Every hotel on the strip in vegas seems to have a walgreens or a cvs.
I keep on hoping to see an employee turf war break out.

It seems nowadays that every time a walgreens opens, a cvs follows shortly, or visa versa.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I have 3 chinchillas and 2 gerbils, all rodents I choose to infest my home.

FTR rodents are much more attracted to my home than women.

airtime143

CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I have 3 chinchillas and 2 gerbils, all rodents I choose to infest my home.

FTR rodents are much more attracted to my home than women.
Best of both worlds....

25.jpg

Enasic

Liked Posts:
I had possums at the old place- A couple of cheap plug in motion detecting lights kept them out.
Apparently Possums keep multiple dens so evicting them is pretty easy, they just abandon the bothersome one.

Laughably, my biggest pest at the moment is a couple of dove nests.
Left my garage open a few days and the damn things moved in again, one on top of each garage door opener.
the babies have already hatched, so when they fly the nest I am putting a shelf outside and gonna plop the nests on there.
If they dont like it, they can find a tree like a normal bird.
I read about the motion detecting lights but these possums give no fucks. Had the lights for over a year now

Enasic

Liked Posts:
My friends dog (about the size of a golden retriever) went right through his electric fence to go after a possum. The dog got bit and the skin torn open right near his eye. Could have been worse, but vet bill suck.
My dog turned into a complete lunatic and barked and made sounds I didn’t even know he could make. I do worry about the possum biting him though and having to go to the vet (or worse). I never realized they had so many sharp teeth

8E5D52E8-053D-4B3D-9846-328351CD9546.png

airtime143

CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My dog turned into a complete lunatic and barked and made sounds I didn’t even know he could make. I do worry about the possum biting him though and having to go to the vet (or worse). I never realized they had so many sharp teeth

View attachment 20020
The first time I ever saw one I was shocked by the teeth as well.
Little fucker was right outside my back door, had no idea he was there.
I let the dogs out, and they literally ran right past him before realizing he was there, and he dropped.

I was able to get the dogs in, he lay there motionless and drooling.
I went to my truck to get a shovel to scoop him up, and when I touched him he bared his fangs and hissed at me- It was terrifying.
I put the shovel down, went back inside and waited him out.

Enasic

Liked Posts:
The first time I ever saw one I was shocked by the teeth as well.
Little fucker was right outside my back door, had no idea he was there.
I let the dogs out, and they literally ran right past him before realizing he was there, and he dropped.

I was able to get the dogs in, he lay there motionless and drooling.
I went to my truck to get a shovel to scoop him up, and when I touched him he bared his fangs and hissed at me- It was terrifying.
I put the shovel down, went back inside and waited him out.
This fucker was hissing and growling when I got the dogs in. I think it was the mama possum because I heard and saw rustling on the other side of the yard, so I’m assuming those were the babies. Still can’t believe the size of this thing…biggest possum I’ve ever seen in my life it doesn’t even make sense

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:

possums are awesomes

don't kill them. they keep your yard and garden grub-free and are harmless. also one of the easiest wild animals to take a selfie with

If you want them to relocate, i'd suggest a blue tooth speaker under the deck playing NPR.

Enasic

Liked Posts:
possums are awesomes

don't kill them. they keep your yard and garden grub-free and are harmless. also one of the easiest wild animals to take a selfie with

If you want them to relocate, i'd suggest a blue tooth speaker under the deck playing NPR.
Have no plans of killing it/them. Just want them gone is all.