Possums, rodents, and other nuisances

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
deck NPR is the way to go. I had some raccoon move in once and they do NOT like the sound of ppl talking
Also, you want to turn it on after dark and then back on during daylight as opossum are crepuscular.

airtime143

This place is dead and buried.
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Are they like deer... can you keep them away by pissing and marking territory?

Every one I have ever dealt with moved on after confrontation, so I never had to rid myself of them. I have pissed in their nests... but dont know if they had already turned in their keys and got their deposits back.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:

Every one I have ever dealt with moved on after confrontation, so I never had to rid myself of them. I have pissed in their nests... but dont know if they had already turned in their keys and got their deposits back.
Id imagine if you get some wolf piss or some other predator piss they would not want sleep in it.

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
The first time I ever saw one I was shocked by the teeth as well.
Little fucker was right outside my back door, had no idea he was there.
I let the dogs out, and they literally ran right past him before realizing he was there, and he dropped.

I was able to get the dogs in, he lay there motionless and drooling.
I went to my truck to get a shovel to scoop him up, and when I touched him he bared his fangs and hissed at me- It was terrifying.
I put the shovel down, went back inside and waited him out.

Reminds me of this

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
The first time I ever saw one I was shocked by the teeth as well.
Little fucker was right outside my back door, had no idea he was there.
I let the dogs out, and they literally ran right past him before realizing he was there, and he dropped.

I was able to get the dogs in, he lay there motionless and drooling.
I went to my truck to get a shovel to scoop him up, and when I touched him he bared his fangs and hissed at me- It was terrifying.
I put the shovel down, went back inside and waited him out.
missed a good selfie opp

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
We had voles in our yard. I had never even heard of them. But when the snow melted in February or March, I saw the yard was torn up and there were these lines (burrows) in the grass as well. Turns out, after I called lawn people, these voles were doing the damage. They look like mice but they live in the ground and eat roots and shit. And no, they are not moles. Those are totally different I guess. I saw one last year when I was doing some yard work and thought it was a mouse or something. They are a bitch to get rid of because once they get in your yard, they fuck like crazy until there are 100s.

Urblock

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
We had voles in our yard. I had never even heard of them. But when the snow melted in February or March, I saw the yard was torn up and there were these lines (burrows) in the grass as well. Turns out, after I called lawn people, these voles were doing the damage. They look like mice but they live in the ground and eat roots and shit. And no, they are not moles. Those are totally different I guess. I saw one last year when I was doing some yard work and thought it was a mouse or something. They are a bitch to get rid of because once they get in your yard, they fuck like crazy until there are 100s.
We had those things. Filled up the holes and cut down the ground cover and it helped. No joke here. A hawk that likes to sit on our deck landed and dropped a dead vole. Voles were gone in a couple of weeks. That was last year and still no voles.

airtime143

CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I thought I had some cool bumble bees setting up shop nearby, but it is a bunch of asshole carpenter bees building outside my 3 season room.
Can anyone confirm that this is a carpenter bee?

carpenter bee.jpg

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
We had those things. Filled up the holes and cut down the ground cover and it helped. No joke here. A hawk that likes to sit on our deck landed and dropped a dead vole. Voles were gone in a couple of weeks. That was last year and still no voles.
The guy that came out to our house said that they were a problem last year and this spring. We went the route of putting out traps with bait. I think they are gone now.

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:

I actually read that Fox piss is used to deter them. My first thought was “How the fuck am I supposed to get Fox piss” but apparently you can get it on Amazon…go figure….

airtime143

CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I actually read that Fox piss is used to deter them. My first thought was “How the fuck am I supposed to get Fox piss” but apparently you can get it on Amazon…go figure….

I legit knew a guy who got fired over fox piss.
Truck centered prank war escalation.
Him and another dude traded punches- tie wraps on the drive shaft, pebbles in hubcaps, grease under door handles, confetti in defrosters....
And my dude dumps a full vial of fox piss in the vents and seat.

Very expensive to dismantle and clean.

Dude lost his job, but the happy end is that he was hired back a couple years later at the previous salary.