Post Dalton Mock Draft

dentfan

No gods! No Masters!
Liked Posts:
I did a mock draft the day we signed Dalton. So, I'm still going to stick with my analysis that we may end up getting Russell Wilson on 6/2 so that Seattle doesn't have to eat his contract's dead money. Either way, I am focusing on the fact that Pace needs to retool and provide something for Andy frickin' Dalton to throw to. Also, I'm hoping that we give up the next three first round picks in June and get Wilson, but, if we don't, as I said, we still need for Dalton to throw to someone.

Unlike my first mock, this mock is less who I like and more who I think Pace picks.

1616776011775.png

1.) Rashod Bateman WR Minnesota

I really want Elijah Moore here, but I think Pace would prefer Bateman’s size and ceiling over the fact that Elijah Moore will light up the league since he can’t be covered one on one with man coverage. So, we leave him on the bench and take a gamble with Bateman. I think Moore is the better pick for our offense, but people are going to love Bateman’s size and upside and regret it.

1616776309085.png

2.) Creed Humphrey C Oklahoma

Pace hasn’t grabbed any Centers this off season, and do you think it’s because he trusts Mustipher? Nope. He grabs a C that has worked with several overall first round picks! He may be the best in the draft at the position, even though he’s not the most athletic, which is why he falls to the 2nd. We go from a mediocre line to possibly a top ten and get the guy that will hold down the position for the next 10 years. He will then debut in the UFC and probably be a heavyweight champ there when he's done winning in the NFL.

1616776372861.png

3.) Kellen Mond QB Texas A&M

Let’s keep the disinformation campaign alive and well. Remember your talking points: he can’t hit the deep ball, he is too short, he cares about fighting racism and we can’t have that now, can we. Do not point out how all of this is patently incorrect, well, not the anti-racist part, and we will get him in the 3rd. He may be our starter soon, and we will be happy to have him. He’s the fucking man.

1616776792347.png

5.) Trill Williams CB Syracuse

The guy can hit and cover. He’s athletic enough and can probably get some reps right away on special teams and as a kick returner. We need a CB, but Pace doesn’t want to reach to fix the hole he created. Either way, it's refreshing watching a DB that can actually form tackle.

1616777202102.png

6.) Ben Mason FB/HB/TE Michigan

This is the dude that illustrates why we watch football. We need this violent guy. He allows for us to have a back that can provide pass protection and threaten the carry. He becomes a different kind of 3rd down back that will allow for us to go with a heavy formation that can still act as an outlet to catch the pass. Plus, watching his special teams highlights is the stuff of legend. He makes two vets expendable and becomes an instant fan favorite. You can't watch this guy and not think, yeah, that's how it's done.

1616777386809.png

6.) Cade Johnson, WR South Dakota State

Just like last year when Pace passed on Hammler and took Money, we pass on Elijah Moore and take Cade Johnson. Wow. He comes in and starts making waves and breaking ankles right away. Like Moore, he can’t be covered in man one on one and so forces the Defense to choose their poison as Money and AR212 are on the outside and he is in the slot eating up real estate. Should Miller get his head on straight and actually receive a catchable ball from Andy frickin’ Dalton, then this guy becomes straight lethal.

1616777535251.png

6.) Ar’Darius Washington S, TCU

Why in the living fuck would we draft a 5’7” safety? Simple. He’s a Dime Safety. Don’t let his size worry you as much as the fact that bringing him in will eliminate an opponent's WR. This is the badger chasing the grizzly bear because nobody told him he was too small. We get this guy and he opens up a can. People jeer the pick until they watch him play. Then they go, oh! Now I get it. Yeah. This guy becomes a fan favorite fucking 21st century Rudy.

1616777682291.png

6.) Errol Thompson LB, Mississippi State

This is a boom lights out bring the pain type of motherfucker! Yes, he’s considered a 2 down thumper, and then you watch his film and see him pick off passes and rush the passer. So, we need a Mike and this guy, man this guy, holy shit watching this guy. Yeah. We get him and laugh all the way.

dentfan

No gods! No Masters!
Liked Posts:
No Cb or OT in the first 5 rounds?

Oy Vey

the CB is in the 5th and I think a C is more pressing than a T, at this point. We have Ifedi and a serviceable Left tackle. We also have talent from last year. Going from the inside out is a better look, especially since, by pick 20, more tackles will have been picked than centers.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
That will get us over the hump.

AdorableGloomyGartersnake-size_restricted.gif

NOT! More like we just got....

We already have 3 centers and a solid replacement G that can start. If Mond is worth taking, do it in 2. He may turn out due to great chops but he runs very hot and cold and why he's likely not going in 2. I don't know if Trask or Mills are better bets ( I suspect they are but with lower ceilings) but if you really like one of them, don't risk waiting for round 3 or just take a guy like Newman on day 3 and see if you can develop him. Mond isn't projected around there because he's small, weak or unathletic. It's that he's inconsistent.

Last edited:

greg23

Liked Posts:
No tackles?
A center in round 2?
Kellen fuking Mond?

Is this Ryan pace?

Sculpt

Liked Posts:
With Andy Dalton, I have to think Pace is going to try hard to get a QB in the 1st, he most certainly has been willing to trade up.