dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
I think it would be a huge mistake in a draft so deep at WR to not get one early. I consider an elite speed WR prospect more important than TE quite frankly and think a WR is more likely to be BPA in round 2 than TE.

Also, completely against trading away one of our 2nd round picks. Pace you are not smarter than everyone else. Sit and wait your turn and make the right decision when you opportunity comes.

Finally, no to spending that kind of money for a backup RB. Just use Nall or find an UDFA. Spending money any kind of money at RB is pretty dumb in this day and age unless they come with a 1,000 yard pedigree or are great catching out of the backfield.

You do know it was Windy that made this mock and not R.Pace right? ? Now Pace is obviously much smarter than anyone on this message board when it comes to football but you should know by now that Pace goes BPA in the draft so if that's a speedy WR at 43 and all the TE's are still there he's gonna take that speedy WR. I'm all about getting a legit gamebreaker type WR though and think every offense needs one which we won't have if we cut Gabriel which i think we'll do. Too bad we couldn't afford Robby Anderson.

TE's usually take at least a year to get adjusted to the NFL game and we obviously need a TE in this Nagy offense but the good thing would be if we get Burton back healthy next year and if we get a TE in the draft then we can play him slowly behind Burton and then cut Burton after next year and go with the TE we draft if he shows himself to be ready for a starter role.

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I wonder if the fucking idiot above would have defended J. Ang or P. Em the same way he defends R. Pace, if only they were as attractive to him

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
2[33] TE Cole Kmet [Notre Dame] 6'5" 255lbs.

Where do you see Kmet as far as all of the TEs coming out this year?

I've never seen his name on this board until today, which i've now seen his name by two different people, and that's after i saw a article from Fansided yesterday that the Bears should look at him or it was a mock that had them drafting him or some shit on there.

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
lololol. deeerrrrrr I never have heard've Kmet until today so he must of not existed or been very high on many GM's boards

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Kmet and Hopkins would be my top 2 targets at TE.

Size to play Y, but don’t need to come out in the single TE set.

Starion

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Excellent posting Windy,

Clearly a lot of thought went into this and it seems to add up nicely.

I like it all, but hope for a diff. #2 QB than Case Keenum. He just seems to crumble under pressure & I might be wrong in thinking his mobility is not a strong suit? Same with the Red Rocket if not worse?

Hate the idea of trading up for a TE, but Cole Kmet reads to be one of the top TEs in the draft who can also block worth a damn. There are some 2nd Rd graded TEs who can catch but not block...same with some of the vets possibly avail (who would cost more). IF Kmet is indeed the next TE beast, this is worth it.

You posted good food for thought on affordable OL FAs. I don't know them, but really hope you're right. Damn near ANYBODY would be an instant upgrade over Leno & oft-injured & beat Massie, both of whom will be off the books in 2021. They'll likely be on the roster or at least camp, but should NOT start or even play unless massive improvement occurs under new coaching.

No QB can win in a heavy RPO offense with no run game whatsoever; not even a legit threat of it.
THE #1 MUST FIX, even at the expense of drafting OL over other needs if it comes to that IMO.

Your plan allows for both, assuming these FA OL are at least serviceable. Fingers crossed.

Starion

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Patterson as a TE!? Interesting indeed. He has shown the willingness & ability to block in the open field. Not that it = line play, but for screens & such, game on. Can't imagine too much adjustment to the route tree. But will Pace/Nags also consider this? ?‍♂️

bearsfan1977

Liked Posts:
Gabs is gone in this scenario. If you extend ARob then likely means Miller is gone. Part of the reason I hated the Miller pick is he is old as fuck. He is 25 and ARob is 26. So not really enough spread between the 2 so basically you ultimate need to decide whom it is better to extend and the answer is ultimately ARob. So Miller really isn't a long term solution at the position.

Wims and Ridley have shown jack shit and don't cost any money so hardly investments. Wims is in the same boat as Miller in that he is 25 so even if he blew up, hard to pay ARob and him given their are only 1 year apart in age and when they hit FA. What we need is a stud speed WR who will grow into the No 1 just as ARob's next contract is expiring. That is better for the long term development of this team IMO. Guys like Ruggs and Reagor are 20 or just turned 21. That is the kind of guy to target.

This is a very deep WR draft. Gabriel is likely gone and no other WR on the roster has the deep speed to threaten a defense vertically (Patterson kind of does-don’t know why they don’t have him run go-routes ?!). If Jalen Reagor or KJ Hamler is there in the 2nd ( one of them may be due to the depth of the WR class) I absolutely take one of them and see if we can get anything for Cohen via a trade.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
You do know it was Windy that made this mock and not R.Pace right? ? Now Pace is obviously much smarter than anyone on this message board when it comes to football but you should know by now that Pace goes BPA in the draft so if that's a speedy WR at 43 and all the TE's are still there he's gonna take that speedy WR. I'm all about getting a legit gamebreaker type WR though and think every offense needs one which we won't have if we cut Gabriel which i think we'll do. Too bad we couldn't afford Robby Anderson.

TE's usually take at least a year to get adjusted to the NFL game and we obviously need a TE in this Nagy offense but the good thing would be if we get Burton back healthy next year and if we get a TE in the draft then we can play him slowly behind Burton and then cut Burton after next year and go with the TE we draft if he shows himself to be ready for a starter role.

Shaheen was not BPA when he was draftes. Extreme reach.

Pace has fucked up pretty much every trade up so not sure what you laughing at.

Sculpt

Liked Posts:

Shaheen was a reach. But these sort of things always have a 20/20 hindsight element to it.

Also, Pace did not fuckup pretty much every trade up, just some of them...

Pace traded up for:
Jackson
Miller
Kwiatkoski

He traded down for Shaheen, and down twice (before) Whitehair. The trade up for Floyd and Trubisky are not fondly remembered. I don't mind trading up for the right player, but I think Pace needs to keep it small. And in the current low draft pick amount for the Bears, any trade up should have a 'consequence' of a trade down to compensate.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Shaheen was a reach. But these sort of things always have a 20/20 hindsight element to it.

Pace traded up for:
Jackson
Miller
Kwiatkoski

He traded down for Shaheen, and down twice (before) Whitehair. The trade up for Floyd and Trubisky are not fondly remembered. I don't mind trading up for the right player, but I think Pace needs to keep it small. And in the current low draft pick amount for the Bears, any trade up should have a 'consequence' of a trade down to compensate.

Nah, not 20/20, I hated the Shaheen pick at the time.

Forgot about Jackson and Kwia, I would give you those as good trade ups. Hated the Miller trade up at the time particularly since Miller was so old as a prospect. Dude is only 1 year younger than ARob. But yeah was thinking more of the Trubs and Floyd trades.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange

He wasn't the BPA on Pace's white board? So you were in the draft room? Nobody ever said it was a good draft pick, all that was said was Pace drafts BPA and if Shaheen was the BPA available on his board then that's who he took. I know we all love to live off of hindsight and can all now come out and say Shaheen was a huge miss by Pace but the guy was really really talented in college even though he played at a small school. You do realize that many small school players have had good/great careers in the NFL right?

?What i'm laughing at was exactly what i highlighted in your post which was you basically telling Pace he's not smarter than everyone because of what Windy did in his mock. ?

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange

Pace traded up for:
Jackson
Miller
Kwiatkoski

Well said.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
This is a very deep WR draft. Gabriel is likely gone and no other WR on the roster has the deep speed to threaten a defense vertically (Patterson kind of does-don’t know why they don’t have him run go-routes ?!). If Jalen Reagor or KJ Hamler is there in the 2nd ( one of them may be due to the depth of the WR class) I absolutely take one of them and see if we can get anything for Cohen via a trade.

Think Cohen is worth more on this team than via a trade. We also have shit at RB so I would probably hold on to him. He is a useful guy to have. He would also be a lot better if there were more options for teams to worry about. A speed guy creating space for Cohen to then run into against a LB would be effective.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Nah, not 20/20, I hated the Shaheen pick at the time.

Forgot about Jackson and Kwia, I would give you those as good trade ups. Hated the Miller trade up at the time particularly since Miller was so old as a prospect. Dude is only 1 year younger than ARob. But yeah was thinking more of the Trubs and Floyd trades.

I'm pretty sure 99% of us didn't like the Shaheen pick, even i didn't like it but the people that actually scouted him and were able to sit down and talk with him and knew a hell of a lot more about him then any of us that only got to watch video tapes of him on the internet did like him. It ended up a bad pick......it happens....all the time.....to every single team......get over it.

I'm just glad you've now gone from EVERY SINGLE TRADE UP PACE HAS DONE to TWO OF THE TRADE UPS PACE HAS DONE have been bad. LOL

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
He wasn't the BPA on Pace's white board? So you were in the draft room? Nobody ever said it was a good draft pick, all that was said was Pace drafts BPA and if Shaheen was the BPA available on his board then that's who he took. I know we all love to live off of hindsight and can all now come out and say Shaheen was a huge miss by Pace but the guy was really really talented in college even though he played at a small school. You do realize that many small school players have had good/great careers in the NFL right?

?What i'm laughing at was exactly what i highlighted in your post which was you basically telling Pace he's not smarter than everyone because of what Windy did in his mock. ?

Were you in the draft room? If not then not sure how you can conclude he was BPA for Pace. Your assertion is unprovable unless you have access to Pace's draft board.

I hated the Shaheen pick at the time as I recall you white knighting for Pace back then when a lot of people thought it sucked. So has nothing to do with hindsight. As I recall he was drafted almost 2 rounds or so before where most sites had him. It was just a dumb fucking pick. Nothing more to say about it.

The issue with your post is it has nothing to do with Pace being smarter than CCS. The issue is he doesn't appear to be smarter than other GMs but thinks he is. It is laughable that you think his competition is CCS. No his competition is guys like John Lynch who a lot of people made fun of and hated because of all the praise he got for hosing Pace on the Trubs trade. They both built defense oriented teams but Lynch has outdrafted him, picked a better head coach who respects the run game.

So you stupidly celebrate Pace being smarter than CCS while other GMs build what looks to be a more sustainable winner.

Outlaw Josey Cutler

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Penn State Nittany Lions
All offseasons are meh to me whether mock or even real moves made.

Even more so now with high lack of return on moves at an alarming rate.

Two questions for @WindyCity :

1) Why is [Mike Evans} in brackets by ARob's re-signing?

2) What is the meaning of this bit:

I do not think Mariota is coming here because he shares an agent with Mitch and the agents won't tank Mitch like that.

FTR (cause this is CCS) I do not believe in Mariota nor want him so I hope we do NOT get him. I am simply asking what that means? Do all agents have the ability to nix moves based on location of players they also represent? Bizarre. Utterly bizarre.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I'm pretty sure 99% of us didn't like the Shaheen pick, even i didn't like it but the people that actually scouted him and were able to sit down and talk with him and knew a hell of a lot more about him then any of us that only got to watch video tapes of him on the internet did like him. It ended up a bad pick......it happens....all the time.....to every single team......get over it.

I'm just glad you've now gone from EVERY SINGLE TRADE UP PACE HAS DONE to TWO OF THE TRADE UPS PACE HAS DONE have been bad. LOL

Nope you white knighted for Pace at the time as you are doing now. Further, you just claimed it was highsight but if you acknowledge that most hated it at the time then it is not hindsight so you contradicting yourself. Hindsight would be if we liked it at the time but then hate it now that it has failed.

Finally, it is 3 not two (Trubs, Floyd, Miller) and the bigger issue is all 3 are trades up in high rounds that have failed. The only 2 decent ones were later in the draft. Further that is not all the trade ups. Monty trade up doesn't look all that great either.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Were you in the draft room? If not then not sure how you can conclude he was BPA for Pace. Your assertion is unprovable unless you have access to Pace's draft board.

I hated the Shaheen pick at the time as I recall you white knighting for Pace back then when a lot of people thought it sucked. So has nothing to do with hindsight. As I recall he was drafted almost 2 rounds or so before where most sites had him. It was just a dumb fucking pick. Nothing more to say about it.

The issue with your post is it has nothing to do with Pace being smarter than CCS. The issue is he doesn't appear to be smarter than other GMs but thinks he is. It is laughable that you think his competition is CCS. No his competition is guys like John Lynch who a lot of people made fun of and hated because of all the praise he got for hosing Pace on the Trubs trade. They both built defense oriented teams but Lynch has outdrafted him, picked a better head coach who respects the run game.

So you stupidly celebrate Pace being smarter than CCS while other GMs build what looks to be a more sustainable winner.

No i wasn't in the draft room but neither were you and i have on my side the only thing that we can use as proof that he does go BPA which you don't have for your side of the argument which is that the guy that actually makes the picks said he goes BPA so there's that.

As i said i was as shocked with the Shaheen pick as anyone and did what many of us do when a player i don't know much about gets drafted and went and watched tape of him and after watching tape i was feeling like the kid does have serious talent so lets hope he shows it. I'm not a guy that tries acting like i know more than any GM does like some (You) do because i'm smart enough to know that i don't and neither do you and it isn't even close. You need to remember that you're just a fan on a message board like the rest of us and all we can do is watch tape of these players on the internet or games on tv but there's so much moor to drafting a player then what any can see on a tv or computer screen. Talking to these players and putting them on a white board to see where their football IQ is is a big part of it but maybe you don't realize that.