Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Miami Marlins
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
  2. Northwestern Wildcats
Would Allen Robinson and Mack each possibly grant a 1st round draft pick to the right team? Eddie Jackson bring possibly a 2nd rounder? Hicks and Goldman bring is 3rd or 4th?

Would the Giants be interested in Robinson for our 1st rounder back?

Would trading Mack be a good idea? I like the guy so much but I feel bad he’s apart of this losing team. Wasting away any talent he has left. I think he deserves to finish his career with a Super Bowl contender. Who is on the brink of a playoff run but desperately needs a OLB? He is worth a first rounder?

Ravens and Chiefs need defense help too. Maybe they’d pay a nice price for someone.

I assume Nagy for sure and maybe Pace will be gone after this season which means we need a rebuild roster. But for the sake of the future and gaining draft picks I believe Pace will ask to stay around and deal off veteran players.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
Would Allen Robinson and Mack each possibly grant a 1st round draft pick to the right team? Eddie Jackson bring possibly a 2nd rounder? Hicks and Goldman bring is 3rd or 4th?

Would trading Mack be a good idea? I like the guy so much but I feel bad he’s apart of this losing team. Wasting away any talent he has left. I think he deserves to finish his career with a Super Bowl contender. Who is on the brink of a playoff run but desperately needs a OLB? He is worth a first rounder?
No, no, no , no, no. I'm not sure how many more 'no' answers I need to write, but the answer to all your questions is 'no.' It might be a good idea to trade Mack, I guess, but he is essentially untradeable at this point because of his dead cap hit.

Nelly

Liked Posts:
The problem is that yea, you could maybe trade some guys and tank for a better pick... but we don't have our pick.

Toast88

Liked Posts:
Hicks can't stay healthy, and letting him go would net the Bears $12 million in cap space.

It would be awesome for someone to take Mack's contract, but ain't nobody signing up for a $30 million cap hit with him.

Should've traded Foles when they had the chance, instead of cowtowing to his desires. But ultimately, what does it matter? He'll be gone after this year anyway, taking $6.6 mil off the books.

There's really no one else worth trading. Ain't nobody taking Cody Whitehair's $12.3 million annual salary, or Eddie Jackson's $15 mil for next year (triple his cap hit from this year).

I've heard there's a guy on this team named Eddie Goldman, but I can't say I know who that is. Whoever he is, he's making $11.8 mil next year.

Very few of these contracts have an "out" after this year.

Yeah, Pace really fucked up this team's cap situation.

Dragon Slayer

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:

Ravens and Chiefs need defense help too. Maybe they’d pay a nice price for someone.

I assume Nagy for sure and maybe Pace will be gone after this season which means we need a rebuild roster. But for the sake of the future and gaining draft picks I believe Pace will ask to stay around and deal off veteran players.
If there is anything I've learned over the years, it's that NFL trade compensation rarely makes any sense. You're overvaluing what these guys will bring. AR is on the tag so he would basically be a rental for any team trading for him unless they are comfortable they can re-sign him. The other guys, you have to factor in their contracts.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
Hicks can't stay healthy, and letting him go would net the Bears $12 million in cap space.

It would be awesome for someone to take Mack's contract, but ain't nobody signing up for a $30 million cap hit with him.

Should've traded Foles when they had the chance, instead of cowtowing to his desires. But ultimately, what does it matter? He'll be gone after this year anyway, taking $6.6 mil off the books.

There's really no one else worth trading. Ain't nobody taking Cody Whitehair's $12.3 million annual salary, or Eddie Jackson's $15 mil for next year (triple his cap hit from this year).

I've heard there's a guy on this team named Eddie Goldman, but I can't say I know who that is. Whoever he is, he's making $11.8 mil next year.

Very few of these contracts have an "out" after this year.

Yeah, Pace really fucked up this team's cap situation.
Releasing Hicks wouldn't take $12m off the cap. His non-guaranteed # this year was $10.5m, and since the season is half over they wouldn't get the entire benefit anyway.

Macks' salary would actually be very reasonable for a team that traded for him because so much of his $ has been pushed into extension. It's not tenable for the Bears to trade him because of the cap penalty on the Bears' side.

Foles will only take abou $3m off when he's gone because of his contract structure.

Pace absolutely fucked this team's cap, agreed.

JesusHalasChrist

N.eg it from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.
Donator
Liked Posts:

When one jonesy isn't enough....

:jonesy: :jonesy: :jonesy:

Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
If you're trying to get a first round pick, your only shot is mack and even Mack alone right now might not do it. A package of Mack and Quinn plus a second or third round pick might do it to the right team to move up into the first round.

dabears253313

Liked Posts:
They should become the football version of the AAAA Cubs.

I think only Mack MIGHT be worthy of a 1st round pick to other teams. Robinson return similar to what the Bears traded for Brandon Marshall.

2nd or 3rd for Goldman.

I think Jackson could have returned a 2nd round pick after 2018 or 2019 but not now. Late round pick for him and Hicks. I think Quinn gets more in return than them.

They should trade Jimmy Graham for a late round pick since they aren't using him. Teams would like to use him in the red zone.

Gipson, Ogletree for late round picks.

I think it depends on if teams think it's the players performance or the situations they are in.

Last edited:

Toast88

Liked Posts:
Releasing Hicks wouldn't take $12m off the cap. His non-guaranteed # this year was $10.5m, and since the season is half over they wouldn't get the entire benefit anyway.

Macks' salary would actually be very reasonable for a team that traded for him because so much of his $ has been pushed into extension. It's not tenable for the Bears to trade him because of the cap penalty on the Bears' side.

Foles will only take abou $3m off when he's gone because of his contract structure.

Pace absolutely fucked this team's cap, agreed.
I meant next year. That's $12 mil you're paying out this year that you won't have to next year.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
I meant next year. That's $12 mil you're paying out this year that you won't have to next year.
They still won't get the full $12 in rollover next year, but whatever they get will help if they went that route.

msadows

Liked Posts:
The should become the football versious of the AAAA Cubs.

I think only Mack MIGHT be worthy of a 1st round pick to other teams. Robinson return similar to what the Bears traded for Brandon Marshall.

2nd or 3rd for Goldman.

I think Jackson could have returned a 2nd round pick after 2018 or 2019 but not now. Late round pick for him and Hicks. I think Quinn gets more in return than them.

They should trade Jimmy Graham for a late round pick since they aren't using him. Teams would like to use him in the red zone.

Gipson, Ogletree for late round picks.

I think it depends on if teams think it's the players performance or the situations they are in.

No one is giving you any of that for the bears trash.

Only players with any value for another squad are the players on rookie deals who are playing well. Mooney, Jaylon and Roquan.

I'd assume no one wants to trade those guys, so yea.

jsu34

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
while I'm starting to wish Mack can be traded to a team in position to win a title, I don't see it happening due to costs.

dabears253313

Liked Posts:
No one is giving you any of that for the bears trash.

Only players with any value for another squad are the players on rookie deals who are playing well. Mooney, Jaylon and Roquan.

I'd assume no one wants to trade those guys, so yea.
I was responding to the original post for this thread. If you read it and don't scroll past it, maybe all of us can have a nice conversation.

vinson555

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Mack you might be able to get a 2nd for...

Arob has done shit this year, so maybe a 4 or 5th

Hicks will get you a washing machine to clean the dirt off Fields jersey after being sacked so much. It's not that he is bad, he is just hurt so damn much... I'd almost rather try to re-sing in the offseason for a cheaper 1-2 year deal or if I'm hicks do the 1 year retirement strat to get his body right and maybe give it a go after.

Goldman might get you a pick, I'd be more okay with the pick and While Tonga maybe a rookie, he is a 25 year old rookie. He is only 2 years younger than Goldman... not really worth trading for to give rookie more reps... Tonga at 22 maybe.

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:
To your questions:

Would Allen Robinson and Mack each possibly grant a 1st round draft pick to the right team? Mack, maybe. Robinson, no.

Eddie Jackson bring possibly a 2nd rounder? No.

Hicks and Goldman bring is 3rd or 4th? Would be a stretch.

Would the Giants be interested in Robinson for our 1st rounder back? Giants overpaid for Galloway and drafted a WR in the first. Don't think that happens.

Would trading Mack be a good idea? All depends on what you can get. Me being an Eagles fan I'm in a similar situation with Fletcher Cox. Great player, but if someone offers a 2nd it's done.

Who is on the brink of a playoff run but desperately needs a OLB? Not sure.

He is worth a first rounder? Possibly. Should be, but if you are on the brink of the playoffs that also means you are on the brink of a top 18 draft pick (if you miss the playoffs).

Ravens and Chiefs need defense help too. Maybe they’d pay a nice price for someone. - Salary cap would be an issue with both teams.