POWER RANKINGS: Thanksgiving Edition

airtime143

This place is dead and buried.
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Stuffing. I have it once a year. My wife makes it with the Turkey drippings instead of water.

Closely followed by her not so mashed potatoes. Made with several sticks of butter and cream cheese. Some skin left on in the process.

Important question- Raisins in the stuffing or no?

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Mac and Cheese(I make da bomb)
Oyster Pie
Oyster dressing
Oyster patty
Cornbread Dressing
Broccoli Cheese and Rice
Mirliton and Shrimp Dressing
Monkey Bread( Doing it before it became a fad. Not sweet, buttery)
Turkey and Gravy

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Green bean casserole- has to have the fried onion on top and be made with canned green beans, not fresh.
Fresh green beans in that dish always have the texture of spider legs.
Here's mine. It's good:

Chop up a half white onion finely. Saute over medium heat until translucent in 3 tablespoons of butter. Add two tablespoons of flour and cook for several minutes until you've got a very light roux going.

Add the following to the skillet: 1 cup of sour cream, 1/2 tsp of salt, 1/2 tsp of black pepper, 1 tsp of sugar and 2 tsp of garlic powder. Stir frequently until well combined.

Remove from heat and transfer to a large mixing bowl. Stir in 4 cans of French cut green beans (drained), a cup of grated cheddar, and about a half a container of French fried onions crushed. Mix all of that very well and then transfer to a 13x9 casserole dish. Top it with another cup of shredded cheddar once in the casserole dish.

Finally, crush about 1/2 sleeve of Ritz crackers and remaining French fried onions in a bowl, and melt two tablespoons of butter. Add the butter to the cracker mixture and blend well. Spread this evenly on top of the casserole dish. If the mixture produces too much, don't overdo it. Should be a relatively thin layer that covers the whole dish.

Bake at 350 for about 30 mins, until the top is golden brown. Let it sit for 10 mins or so before digging in.

airtime143

CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:

Oh man- I am gonna have to beg to differ with you on that. grew up with raisins in stuffing, so that is O.G. for me.
We never did cranberry sauce so raisins in the stuffing was the only sweet part of the meal aside from dessert.

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
We should have a CCS Moderator Power Ranking thread. That would be a joke
How about a Worst CCS Poster Power Ranking Thread. Guarantee you'd be top 5 and probably top 3.

Also, and I realize it's challenging, but try and stay on topic dickhead.

airtime143

CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I suppose if I have to rank dishes-
Greenbean casserole
Stuffing
Mashed potatoes
Turkey leg with skin

Now, If someone puts pumpkin pie or sweet potato pie on my plate I will stab them with my turkey leg bone. I cant stand either of those dishes.

Urblock

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Here's mine. It's good:

Chop up a half white onion finely. Saute over medium heat until translucent in 3 tablespoons of butter. Add two tablespoons of flour and cook for several minutes until you've got a very light roux going.

Add the following to the skillet: 1 cup of sour cream, 1/2 tsp of salt, 1/2 tsp of black pepper, 1 tsp of sugar and 2 tsp of garlic powder. Stir frequently until well combined.

Remove from heat and transfer to a large mixing bowl. Stir in 4 cans of French cut green beans (drained), a cup of grated cheddar, and about a half a container of French fried onions crushed. Mix all of that very well and then transfer to a 13x9 casserole dish. Top it with another cup of shredded cheddar once in the casserole dish.

Finally, crush about 1/2 sleeve of Ritz crackers and remaining French fried onions in a bowl, and melt two tablespoons of butter. Add the butter to the cracker mixture and blend well. Spread this evenly on top of the casserole dish. If the mixture produces too much, don't overdo it. Should be a relatively thin layer that covers the whole dish.

Bake at 350 for about 30 mins, until the top is golden brown. Let it sit for 10 mins or so before digging in.
Showed this to my wife and she printed it and plans to try it at Christmas. Already prepped ours for tomorrow. Thanks really looks good

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Showed this to my wife and she printed it and plans to try it at Christmas. Already prepped ours for tomorrow. Thanks really looks good
Let me know if you enjoy it! Always a hit at my house.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Oh man- I am gonna have to beg to differ with you on that. grew up with raisins in stuffing, so that is O.G. for me.
We never did cranberry sauce so raisins in the stuffing was the only sweet part of the meal aside from dessert.
Raisins seem to be an older person thing. No offense. Everyone I know that likes raisins hit 40 or older. Maybe it was the California raisins commercial cause those were the shit when I was a kid

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
1. Turkey
2. Pumpkin pie
3. Potatoes Au Gratin
4. Stuffing. (Regular, no oyster shit)
5. Mashed potatoes
6. Green bean casserole
7. Rolls

I’m a traditionalist
HOLY FUCKING SHIT!!!!!
CONGRATS ON BEING THE FIRST POSTER TO ACTUALLY POWER RANK THE FUCKING FOOD!!!!!!!
@zack54attack

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
1. Turkey
2. Gravy(yes heathens, it is its own food dish)
3.stuffing
4. cranberry(the real ones, stewed)
5. mashed potato
6. green beans
7. Rabbit in gravy
8. turtle dove
9. duck
10. the Bears

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator