Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
Jenkins is a critical piece. If he’s healthy and is the player they think they drafted, this last draft class looks like a home run.

I wonder what’s cooking with Newsome?
He has to be better than Byrd. Bring him up too!

mattb78

My threads are FTO !
Liked Posts:
Likely just a minor removal of disc material for Jenkins which is great news. If Pace gets 2 tackles, a QB, a RB and a rotational DT out of this draft it will go down as one of the better drafts in Bears history.

Nelly

Liked Posts:
Likely just a minor removal of disc material for Jenkins which is great news. If Pace gets 2 tackles, a QB, a RB and a rotational DT out of this draft it will go down as one of the better drafts in Bears history.
Quite possibly the best based on Fields alone considering this franchise's utterly piss poor record for drafting QBs. There's no franchise with a worse track record there than us.

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Quite possibly the best based on Fields alone considering this franchise's utterly piss poor record for drafting QBs. There's no franchise with a worse track record there than us.

HOLY FUCK. ? ? ?

bufordht

Liked Posts:

That draft borrowed a 1st and 4th from 2022 though. Probably need to look at both drafts together to really grade it. A necessary evil but any draft should look better when you trade future picks.

That said, if 2022 adds starter and a couple rotational pieces you have a pretty good 2 year haul.

Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Olin Kreutz was asked about it this morning - brought up a good point. Essentially said for him to have an informed opinion about Jenkins, he'd need to know what Jenkins was squatting and lifting before the back surgery and where he is now. Said when he spoke to Chris Williams, that core strength needed for that was the last thing to come back and the hardest to get back to what it was.

Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
That draft borrowed a 1st and 4th from 2022 though. Probably need to look at both drafts together to really grade it. A necessary evil but any draft should look better when you trade future picks.

That said, if 2022 adds starter and a couple rotational pieces you have a pretty good 2 year haul.

Don't care where they borrow it from. If Fields is the real deal, we could have sold off all the other picks and it STILL would have been the best draft in Bears history, due to the importance of the positon.

Canth

Liked Posts:
Yeah, I had to remind myself what they have for 2022. After the Fields and Miller trades, the Bears have:

2nd round
3rd round
5th round
5th round (from Houston)
6th round

msadows

Liked Posts:
Maybe we should wait for them to have at least one winning season before declaring it the best draft in franchise history.

Pretty much is capable of being the best draft in most peoples lifetimes on here.

Not really a high bar to be set tho.....

NCChiFan

Bald, fat, toothless
Donator
Liked Posts:
Um, the drafted that netted the Bears two HoF players, Butkus and Sayers would be hard to top.

msadows

Liked Posts:
Um, the drafted that netted the Bears two HoF players, Butkus and Sayers would be hard to top.

Not really, to be honest.

That would require fields to become a HoF QB tho, the rest of this draft could end up turds.

To me a HoF QB is worth more than any position by a mile, especially in todays day and age. I get what the meatball Nelly is trying to say, just kinda way too early to say it.

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
83 is the only one in the conversation. (also netted two HOF players) And paved the way for one of the best teams in sports history.

msadows

Liked Posts:
83 is the only one in the conversation. (also netted two HOF players) And paved the way for one of the best teams in sports history.

If Justin Fields becomes a generational QB then it tops it for me.

Shit, it would top the Jordan pick for me as a chicago sports fan. We haven't had a real NFL QB since WWII

Once again, way too early to bring any of this up, however.

This draft and last years are both shaping up to be very strong drafts based on where we were selecting and the talent we got. I'll take that at the moment.

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
If Justin Fields becomes a generational QB then it tops it for me.

Shit, it would top the Jordan pick for me as a chicago sports fan. We haven't had a real NFL QB since WWII

Once again, way too early to bring any of this up, however.

This draft and last years are both shaping up to be very strong drafts based on where we were selecting and the talent we got. I'll take that at the moment.
Congrats on posting the single dumbest thing CCS has ever seen.

msadows

Liked Posts:
Congrats on posting the single dumbest thing CCS has ever seen.

Yes, god forbid I have an opinion.

Football is by far my favorite sport. If we get a HoF level QB that will mean more to ME than the Jordan pick.