Predict the Bears record for the 2010 season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Undisputed

Liked Posts:
What kind of season are you guys expecting from the Bears? Predict what their record will be by seasons end.

JJ-28

Liked Posts:
I am going to have to wait until I see a couple of pre-season games. There are way too many questions about this team.

payton 34ever

Liked Posts:
As of now, I'm going with 10-6. I think getting Url back and cutting down Cutler's picks is worth a three game swing in the record from last year. I'm kind of with JJ, though - I've got to see a bit of how this team clicks over the next month before I'll say it with any certainty.

tbo41fan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Arizona Wildcats
Anywhere from 9-7 to 11-4

im prolly just being too optimistic

omc1969

Liked Posts:
At LEAST 10-6 now that Favre has retired !

tbo41fan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Arizona Wildcats
He just un-retired :shifty:

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
10-6 or 11-5 shocking or a similar advancement... It shows up every year the Lovie Bears are expected to do average to bad they've been way better and every year they had external "super bowl" expectations they've been brutal.

RustedShut

Liked Posts:
8-8
Our O-line is HORRID. When we've got Frank OMG at right tackle and even Mike Tice is cracking jokes about how sucky our line is, we've got some problems, boys.

bossdrb

The Boss
Donator
Liked Posts:
10-6. If the line steps up, 11-5. Lulz.

ChicagoPhotoShop

Foto Taker
Liked Posts:
I have high hopes, LOW expectations. Defense might be better, but O-Line and Receivers are not. and who knows what Forte will do. assuming Favre plays, I dont see them better then 3rd in the division.

TopekaRoy

The Wizard of OZ
Donator
Liked Posts:
I have high hopes, LOW expectations. Defense might be better, but O-Line and Receivers are not. and who knows what Forte will do. assuming Favre plays, I dont see them better then 3rd in the division.

The thing is the Bears could go 10-6 and still end up 3rd in their division. The Packers will probably win the division. (As a Bears fan it KILLS me to type that!) The Vikes will still be a good team even if Favre stays retired, but, obviously not as good as they would be with him.

As bad as the Bears were, they could've been 11-5 last year, except for a few bad plays. They had a chance to win the first Packers game, could've beat the Eagles and the Falcons, and definitely should have beaten the 49ers.

This year, the defense will be better, although I'm a little concerned about our secondary depth. Injuries are already starting to pile up. The offense should be a little improved with the addition of Taylor, Manumaleuna, a healthier Forte, and more experienced receivers. A lot of the offensive success will hinge on how well they execute Martz's offense, and if the O-line improves.

Barring injuries and assuming the offense can block for 3 seconds, (no guarantees there) here is how I break down the season:

The Bears will go 4-2 in the NFC North, sweeping Detroit and splitting with Green bay and Minnesota. Against the NFC East, the Bears will go 2-2 beating the Redskins and either the Eagles at home or the Giants in New York. Against the AFC West the Bears will beat the Bills and the Dolphins to go 2-2.

Their 2 "strength of schedule" games are against the Seahawks and at Carolina. Both of those should be wins.

That adds up to 10-6. I wouldn't be too surprised to see them go 3-1 in the NFC East and/or AFC East. On the other hand, I wouldn't be surprised to see them lose two of the games I have them winning, either.

So I say anywhere between 8-8 and 12-4, but my best guess is 10-6. Just like most everybody else! :)

BigP50

04-21-2012
Liked Posts:
5-11

Last edited:

USCChiFan

Crow's Nest
Donator
Liked Posts:
I never like doing this, it's about as useful as using a team's schedule and determining if they'll win or lose to "insert team here" this week.

USCChiFan

Crow's Nest
Donator
Liked Posts:
I am going to have to wait until I see a couple of pre-season games. There are way too many questions about this team.
You realize that preseason games mean nothing and teams never show anything in Preseason games? Teams play vanilla D and use a basic offense.

nickofypres

Super Nintendo Chalmers
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Toledo Rockets
11-5

Status