Major Ursa

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Vegas Golden Knights
  1. Utah State Aggies
I'm glad the game is over so I don't have to list to homer ass Wolfley anymore. Christ that guy sucks. Trubs is the truth. Cohen is pretty damn good for a fifth grader.

mecha

Liked Posts:
the defense all around is vastly improved. few bad coverages, expected, but they were always around the ball in some way. it's hard to imagine we haven't seen anything like that from the Bears in 5 years.

Glennon was a little better. Sanchez could've shown more, but I think they know what to expect from him. the real show was Trubisky. and what a mostly wasted effort. they really wanted to see what Rounds was capable of. not sure why. Howard's awesome, Cohen's awesome, Carey's serviceable. do they really need to look for a #4 RB?

couple turnovers were called back, but I think it's the effort that counts, and that's been missing since the Trestman era. maybe this team won't be so bad.

I didn't exactly keep notes of who was good and who should be cut; I leave that up to you, CCS.

Sculpt

Liked Posts:
Houston-Carson made some nice plays in coverage in Card's last drive.

Hall made made a nice PD on that drive too.

LB Irving got in the passing lane to make Gabbert throw a bad pass on the last play. He also had a couple other motor plays that last possession.

BearClaw55

SELL THE TEAM
Donator
Liked Posts:
Glennon looks to be a turnover machine. After the 1st redzone int. he threw 2 more balls that should have been intercepted. Also why don't the Bears move Trubisky to the #2 spot? Like the Chiefs, Browns & Texans are all doing with their 1st round rookie QBs & they have better starting QBs. I would not put Trubisky behind that 3rd string OLine & risk injury. The Cardinals defense ate that OLine up & tried to kill Trubisky. Plus none of those 3rd string WRs could seperate. Move Trubisky up!

swz01

Liked Posts:
Glennon was not a little better. If not for the drive against the 2nd string D he was just as bad as last game.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Glennon made 1 nice throw to Meredith the entire night.

Everything else wasn't checkdowns and near interceptions.

His red zone INT was inexcusable. His TD was a lay up after a blown coverage.

swz01

Liked Posts:
Trubisky was literally inches from a season ending knee injury a la Rex. Absolutely ridiculous the coaching staff let him get killed out there with that joke of a line. And putting him in 3rd and long every time with that trash line is crazy

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
Fox schemed a hit on Trubisky.

Trubisky survived the hit.

Cohen offensive rookie of the year.

It does seem that way. Can't change your depth chart because your #2 draft pick hasn't had enough time, so let's see how he does handing off to a bad RB who won't make the team.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Holy fuck. Where do I even start.

Mike Glennon is pure ass. Good job scrub, you barely managed a TD drive against backups.

Apparently giraffetard doesn't know there is more than one receiver on the field.

Whomever decided to put Trubisky behind the 3rd string offensive line needs a flogging. Like fucking seriously, lets trot out our number fucking 2 overall pick in the draft behind 5 fucking scrubs that won't make the roster AND pair him with a bonafide shit tier running back. Brilliant.

The run run pass play calling for Trubisky was cringe as fuck. As if the 3rd string OL wasn't enough sabotage.

Tarik Cohen is legit as fuck. The real deal change of pace back we haven't had in ages. Hell this son of a bitch could possibly be a feature back if he can handle the pounding over the course of a full season.

Please for the love of god Shaheen, stay on your feet when you catch the ball. Not sure if this boy is still playing nervous or what. Confidence beginning to wane and season production is going to look like average rookie TE at this rate.

Apparently Kyle Fuller showed signs of life.

Holy shit boys we have a pass rush. Floyd, Bullard, Goldman bringing the pressure.

Eddie Jackson making plays on the ball as a rookie against starters. Okay. Okay.

Last edited:

Mongo_76

Liked Posts:
The O-plan with Glennon was all short hitches, WR screens and HB screens. Nothing down field. Nothing other than one slant between the seams. And on that slant, he was bailed out by his receiver...

The concept was to get his completions up. Make him look like a viable QB.

Trubisky was taking 5 and 7 step drops from under center. Longer plays. Most took time to develop. Most put him in harms way with a 3rd string Oline in front of him.

Goal was to see him fail.

And then... Trubisky goes out and throws a 135 QB rating. Glennon goes out and throws it to the other team.

The team was trying to put a QB controversy to rest. Instead, they kicked a hornets nest.

Mongo_76

Liked Posts:
BTW, I know Howard is nursing an eye injury...

But, you notice they gave Cohen to Glennon and gave Trubisky Joshua Rounds?

For the record, it was about 1030 this evening when I looked up who Joshua Rounds is. Before that, I had never even heard the name.

Briggs is GOAT

Liked Posts:
Glennon is terrible.

The D is very good.

Everything looks good EXCEPT Glennon. The personnel we have suits a young quarterback who needs to learn perfectly. There is a very good chance that our backfield is dominant, and our offensive line is at the very least decent. Cohen/Howard would take loads off of Trubisky, just start him please.

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
For the record, it was about 1030 this evening when I looked up who Joshua Rounds is. Before that, I had never even heard the name.

I was just thinking the same thing. Who is Rounds anyway?

LiverpoolBearsFAn

Liked Posts:
Fox seems more concerned about 'avoiding controversy' than protecting the teams new potential franchise QB.

Lots of positives though - Defence in general and Cohen especially.