Preseason Game Thread

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
Well being in a position to make sure you're beating the teams you should be beating is an improvement from over the last few seasons.
True but I also had pretty low expectations of exactly who it was they should be beating.

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
I think the Sox would like a word with you...
They can have a word, but I see TB, Boston, and Houston as all better than the Sox. And even if they get thru to the WS, they got the dodgers or giants that are better

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
They can have a word, but I see TB, Boston, and Houston as all better than the Sox. And even if they get thru to the WS, they got the dodgers or giants that are better
Sure, and that's fair, but right now the fact is they are the best chance of any team in this city of possibly being next to win a world series as they are already close, and have shown they can compete. Bulls, surely aren't this year, and maybe not even next we'll see. Bears... well... You have to buy that Fields against Detroit was the norm and not the previous game. Hawks, just not elite enough on either side. Cubs, total rebuild. I'm just talking law of averages. I'm high on this team, but it's still a coin flip toif they even come together. After that last game though, my hopes are sky high. not my expectations, but my hopes.

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Sure, and that's fair, but right now the fact is they are the best chance of any team in this city of possibly being next to win a world series as they are already close, and have shown they can compete. Bulls, surely aren't this year, and maybe not even next we'll see. Bears... well... You have to buy that Fields against Detroit was the norm and not the previous game. Hawks, just not elite enough on either side. Cubs, total rebuild. I'm just talking law of averages. I'm high on this team, but it's still a coin flip toif they even come together. After that last game though, my hopes are sky high. not my expectations, but my hopes.
And I get where you’re coming from. And you’re correct that the Sox are currently the best team in Chicago. I just don’t see them winning a WS as currently constructed. Now maybe this offseason they make a splash move that puts em over the top…who knows

I just personally think this bulls roster has more potential to become special

also, fwiw…I’m a cubs fan…so I don’t care about if the sox win anyways lol

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
And I get where you’re coming from. And you’re correct that the Sox are currently the best team in Chicago. I just don’t see them winning a WS as currently constructed. Now maybe this offseason they make a splash move that puts em over the top…who knows

I just personally think this bulls roster has more potential to become special

also, fwiw…I’m a cubs fan…so I don’t care about if the sox win anyways lol
Well, it's obvious you're a cubs fan, haha, I am too, but I like both so I know I'm the devil. I definitely think this bulls roster has everything to be special. But I thought that before I saw them play just based on the collection of talent, but I was worried that they wouldn't know how to play together, or even be compatible with one ball. NOW I think they are able to be special based on one preseason game, and I'm still not sure how they are going to handle elite bigs... I think we're going to see them gel and immediately know if it's going to happen or not, and if not, it shouldn't be a rebuild just an easy fix. It won't be talent related, they have all that, it will come down to chemistry I think.

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Well, it's obvious you're a cubs fan, haha, I am too, but I like both so I know I'm the devil. I definitely think this bulls roster has everything to be special. But I thought that before I saw them play just based on the collection of talent, but I was worried that they wouldn't know how to play together, or even be compatible with one ball. NOW I think they are able to be special based on one preseason game, and I'm still not sure how they are going to handle elite bigs... I think we're going to see them gel and immediately know if it's going to happen or not, and if not, it shouldn't be a rebuild just an easy fix. It won't be talent related, they have all that, it will come down to chemistry I think.

naa, I have no hate towards the Sox. I’m just pretty ambivalent towards them. I grew up watching baseball pre inter league days, so the Sox just were never on my radar. And even post inter league, the “rivalry” hasn’t grown any distaste for them.

and yeah, seeing how willing they were to share the ball(yes in just one preseason game lol) was very encouraging. They have some talented passers, so it’s nice to see them so willing to share. Question is, if things start going south…do they still play so nice? lol

bigs wise…I think the Tony Bradley signing will show to be more important than anyone really realized at the time. He’s banged up and didn’t play game 1, but he’s a guy with a 7’5 wingspan and weighs about 250. But also wouldn’t surprise if he doesn’t play well, the bulls will go out and acquire a big to help defensively. Thankfully, AKME seem like the type to be proactive and go out and solve weaknesses immediately

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
naa, I have no hate towards the Sox. I’m just pretty ambivalent towards them. I grew up watching baseball pre inter league days, so the Sox just were never on my radar. And even post inter league, the “rivalry” hasn’t grown any distaste for them.

and yeah, seeing how willing they were to share the ball(yes in just one preseason game lol) was very encouraging. They have some talented passers, so it’s nice to see them so willing to share. Question is, if things start going south…do they still play so nice? lol

bigs wise…I think the Tony Bradley signing will show to be more important than anyone really realized at the time. He’s banged up and didn’t play game 1, but he’s a guy with a 7’5 wingspan and weighs about 250. But also wouldn’t surprise if he doesn’t play well, the bulls will go out and acquire a big to help defensively. Thankfully, AKME seem like the type to be proactive and go out and solve weaknesses immediately
I grew up outside of Chicago. Am old enough too that a world series was the only chance they'd get to play each other. My brothers were more Cubs fans my grandpa was more White Sox fan so I followed them both and where I lived we still got both so it was pretty.

Completely agree with that second paragraph that's why I have hope and not expectations very worried what happens when one of these super talented Stars starts to get some sort of attitude we'll see.

Bradley indeed is who I'm putting my Hope on for this team to be able to actually turn the page as dumb as it sounds having a backup center be a Lynch pin for how far this team can go. I know defensively he can do it I'm just worried about how much they lose everywhere else with him on the floor because they seem to be built around ball movement and that's not necessarily his jam. Shorts should be fine but someone else is still going to have to step up and put a body on some bigs cuz I don't see him getting more than what 17ish a game?

Your last sentence there was directly related to what I was thinking earlier and posting about I'm not too worried because I really think if something's not working they're not going to hesitate to make moves. They obviously don't have much left to deal with but they have a lot of talent if someone's willing to take it if needed.

Last edited:

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
@MassHavoc about those white sox…lol

:soxtroll::sweep:

to be fair…they never had a chance with the dinosaur larussa managing them

CHIBEAR

Liked Posts:
Stacy King : C'mon Zach don't show it all to them in the preseason :smug2:

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I'm watching them tonight for the first time this season. They've done a nice job in filling holes but most importantly they are playing some D. It's a friggin preseason game and Donovan has them digging in on defense....nearly everything is being contested. Granted, it's the Pelicans but still.....huge difference from the Gar/Pax/Boylen fiasco. Sure, it's very early but this team has the look of a playoff team.

HearshotKDS

Liked Posts:
Night and day difference from the last few years, this is starting to feel like it will be one of the best seasons to watch since Thibs. Be still my beating heart.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Rather than question why some are bringing up the white sox in a Bulls thread, I will instead simply wait until Sunday when the white sox season ends and it will all be moot.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
@Raskolnikov have you watched the preseason games at all? I know it's meaningless but just wondering what you'd thought
Lol.

Ball is perfect for Lavine? Lavine finally wants to play D after team USA? We are still undersized but 50 wins people are probably right.

Also, holy shit!

DirtyDutchDiggler

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. LA Galaxy
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Miami Dolphins
  1. Vegas Golden Knights
  1. Miami Hurricanes
It's preseason but the three things that stick out to me (especially in a preseason game with a totally new team):

2 games

1. 68 assists to 21 turnovers 3.2 ast/to ratio

2. 18 blocks

3. 27 steals

Who the hell wants to play defense in the preseason? Well apparently they read all the reports and want to make every one of them eat crow. Playing with a chip on their shoulders. Yeah, shit like this is unheard of in preseason and having fun doing it.