I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
It’s going to be fun to see all the ZL haters of the world have to eat that crow

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
You can't base much on these games, but atleast they look ready.

RiDLer80

First time, long time.
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Miami Hurricanes
  2. Northern Illinois Huskies
It's hard to base how good we really are based on the teams we've played. Cleveland is deep in a rebuild and they'll be a high lottery team again this year. New Orleans without Zion and Ingram is also a high lottery team.

However, there are things we can take away. Like our effort on defense. Active hands on the ball and in passing lane will translate. We seem to share the ball really well on offense as well--even overharing at times I've seen. Also, we're deep. Our bench unit will be Caruso, Coby and Derrick Jones Jr plus Green. That's good depth.

We're balanced as well. Stacey King has mentioned it on the broadcast, but the help we've given Lavine will keep him fresh for those fourth quarter closeout situations that the Bulls have blown for years. A fresh Lavine in the fourth is good everybody.

I wish we played better competition during the preseason to get a true gauge of where we stand, but you can only play the schedule you're given.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
It's hard to base how good we really are based on the teams we've played. Cleveland is deep in a rebuild and they'll be a high lottery team again this year. New Orleans without Zion and Ingram is also a high lottery team.

However, there are things we can take away. Like our effort on defense. Active hands on the ball and in passing lane will translate. We seem to share the ball really well on offense as well--even overharing at times I've seen. Also, we're deep. Our bench unit will be Caruso, Coby and Derrick Jones Jr plus Green. That's good depth.

We're balanced as well. Stacey King has mentioned it on the broadcast, but the help we've given Lavine will keep him fresh for those fourth quarter closeout situations that the Bulls have blown for years. A fresh Lavine in the fourth is good everybody.

I wish we played better competition during the preseason to get a true gauge of where we stand, but you can only play the schedule you're given.
All 4 guys you mentioned off the bench are under 6'4" though no?

We are Hella deep of SF/G all of a sudden but forced to play a young Williams as a 4 and lean too hard on Vucevic.

I could do without DeRozan, even though individually like I always liked him and like his game, I don't see the fit and he gets old first and then we can't trade.

That's my biggest worry with this roster right now, is how do we turn DeRozan into a defensive power forward.

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:

Yeah I think the bench unit is actually going to be really good on defense. Lots of length. I'm excited to see this team this season

CHIBEAR

Liked Posts:

Who we played doesn't really matter because it was never about the final score . HOW WE PLAYED is what matters because the argument against this grouping was that they would played ZERO defense so it doesn't really matter whether it was a scrub or not the expectation was zero effort.

The excitement level doesn't come from the win but from level of ball sharing and shooting on offense and effort on defense from the starters.

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
Who we played doesn't really matter because it was never about the final score . HOW WE PLAYED is what matters because the argument against this grouping was that they would played ZERO defense so it doesn't really matter whether it was a scrub or not the expectation was zero effort.

The excitement level doesn't come from the win but from level of ball sharing and shooting on offense and effort on defense from the starters.
I actually thought scoring 30 in a quarter with only 1 three last game showed how diverse their offense can be as well.

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
All 4 guys you mentioned off the bench are under 6'4" though no?

We are Hella deep of SF/G all of a sudden but forced to play a young Williams as a 4 and lean too hard on Vucevic.

I could do without DeRozan, even though individually like I always liked him and like his game, I don't see the fit and he gets old first and then we can't trade.

That's my biggest worry with this roster right now, is how do we turn DeRozan into a defensive power forward.
DeRozan is never going to be a defensive PF and he doesn’t need to be.

CHIBEAR

Liked Posts:
Good game they finally faced some adversity .

The Cavs played much harder tonight and our 3 ball wasn't falling and our shot selection and ball protection was very poor.

There are gonna be stretches where DeRozan just straight takes over no matter who hes facing and his offense kept the Cavs from stretching the lead .

The bench finished up led by Ayo who brought us back and then closed it out .

This team when they get Coby, Pat, and Bradley back is gonna cause some serious problems as they have a great mix of scorers and defensive hustlers .

RoseMVP1

Liked Posts:
I’ve really liked what I’ve seen so far. It seems like this team already has good chemistry. Defense has looked pretty good. I think the Bulls are going to surprise a lot of people this year.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Oh yeah, lol, we have Ayo.

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Troy brown jr doesn’t seem to really be good at anything. He’s just got length but no actual skill. I could see him being a bench warmer if the team stays healthy. His minutes end up going to javonte green

Zion

Magitek Knight
Liked Posts:
Bulls dominated preseason with Vucevic and DeRozan both underperforming and with two of their key pieces, Patrick Williams and Coby White, not even playing.

Bulls will WRECK teams this season if they manage to stay healthy

It's to the point where I think they might actually have too much talent for everyone to get the playing time they deserve. Karnisovas might make another consolidation trade

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Bulls dominated preseason with Vucevic and DeRozan both underperforming and with two of their key pieces, Patrick Williams and Coby White, not even playing.

Bulls will WRECK teams this season if they manage to stay healthy

It's to the point where I think they might actually have too much talent for everyone to get the playing time they deserve. Karnisovas might make another consolidation trade
They definitely have too much talent 6'7" or less to get the playtime they deserve.

We are a deep and talented basketball team with a fatal flaw good complete teams will happily beat like a drum.

That said, I do believe the Bulls are one player away. The right player, if they can somehow get them young or old enough to be under the salary cap using their mid-level exemption, or if Williams were to become that player but we got two years to wait for that.