dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
They decided to keep Pace and Nagy. That means they think they are right for the job. So again, what we’re you expecting?

There's no fixing windy. He'll switch back to being a fan when they have a QB and are back to winning.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Them to exist in the same reality as us. A reality where an 8-8 culture is not celebrated and a 6 game losing streak is not a positive.

They are on a different planet.

WTF are you talking about? Did you watch the damn thing? I don't think you did cause they damn sure said they aren't happy with 8-8 seasons and never said a 6 game losing streak is a positive. Holy shit it's sad when you have to make shit up.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
No need.

Phillips creates his own slime internally by existing in the front office.

I was at the very least hoping Sweaty Teddy was gonna be gone. I was sad when i heard he was coming back.

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:
Yeah not everyone can look past the Trubisky mistake and see the guy isn't bad at what he does and some (You) just can't get that out of their heads and hate everything Pace does because of it. It's kinda sad. I've been saying for a while now that i would of been fine with Pace getting fired as long as whoever replaces him is better but going off of this one press conference i thought he handled himself quite well.

You can go back to hating everything Bears now. ☺
Seriously. The fuck you rambling on about.

Toast88

Liked Posts:
Yeah not everyone can look past the Trubisky mistake and see the guy isn't bad at what he does and some (You) just can't get that out of their heads and hate everything Pace does because of it. It's kinda sad. I've been saying for a while now that i would of been fine with Pace getting fired as long as whoever replaces him is better but going off of this one press conference i thought he handled himself quite well.

You can go back to hating everything Bears now. ☺

He literally offered no reasons for why he thinks they’ll be better next year or why the Bears should trust him to pick the next quarterback.

KennyH

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Right but you do understand that that's simply GM and Coach talk right? The guy is on the roster and under contract so you can't just come out and say he sucks and we're gonna cut him or whatever.

I don't understand how people still don't understand that.

I thought the comment re Foles was much more about we still will want to assess him as a starter. I thought the comments re Mitch were just generally non-committal because they either knew they would be slaughtered for saying he was staying or they just haven't fully figured out what to do.

It was a press conference, every comment and response is there to push back on questions and not reveal much, but some comments do give a glimpse into what they are thinking. It concerns me that they legitimately still think Foles is a viable starter - unless they want to tank, and clearly with short contracts that's in neither Nagy or Pace's interest.

There were multiple ways to answer the Foles question - they used the term assessment with regards him and the season ahead.

You get that, right? Despite it being mostly fluff and bs from that pair, that you can get an indication of tweedle dee and tweedle dumb's thinking on certain things?

thenewguy

Liked Posts:
Sooooooo nobody said we need more from the QB position and nobody said we need to get the o-line better?

Hmmmmmmmm could of sworn they did and those were the two main things we talked about on here for the last 6 months.
Fans who not only accept this level of transparency in a press conference, but actually defend it, is one of the reasons they get away with press conferences like this.

Visionman

Liked Posts:
I thought the comment re Foles was much more about we still will want to assess him as a starter. I thought the comments re Mitch were just generally non-committal because they either knew they would be slaughtered for saying he was staying or they just haven't fully figured out what to do.

It was a press conference, every comment and response is there to push back on questions and not reveal much, but some comments do give a glimpse into what they are thinking. It concerns me that they legitimately still think Foles is a viable starter - unless they want to tank, and clearly with short contracts that's in neither Nagy or Pace's interest.

There were multiple ways to answer the Foles question - they used the term assessment with regards him and the season ahead.

You get that, right? Despite it being mostly fluff and bs from that pair, that you can get an indication of tweedle dee and tweedle dumb's thinking on certain things?
As long as there’s a chance we could take a QB in the draft and Foles is on the roster, they are going to say they like him. Why would they say differently?

Visionman

Liked Posts:
Fans who not only accept this level of transparency in a press conference, but actually defend it, is one of the reasons they get away with press conferences like this.
Just telling the reasons why, and the fact every single team does the same thing.

roadwarrior_joe

Liked Posts:
I was at the very least hoping Sweaty Teddy was gonna be gone. I was sad when i heard he was coming back.

The one for sure thing that can be taken out of this press conference.

IF there was EVER any doubt in ANYONE'S mind, that Ted Phillips is without a doubt calling all the shots for this fanchise, then you are blind.

Visionman

Liked Posts:
That dude could mumble rap at his press conference as long as he's winning SB idc.
Well I guarantee being completely transparent, or even somewhat transparent, in a press conference would help him in winning those SBs. And it won’t help the Bears either...

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini

I just saw this saw this and almost? These guys have no commitment to winning SB's. They sound like verbal, tap dancing poli-tricksters