Pringle on IR

mbison

Liked Posts:
Right?

We have 4 WRs total right now: Mooney, EQ, Pettis, IhmirSmith-Marsette (effing who?)

Poles is just being stubborn if he's not picking up the phone. Maybe Fields can play WR with Trevor Semen at QB. /s

Its a rebuild year. We all knew it.

The best he will do is pull someone from the practice squad.

napo55

Liked Posts:
Last year they brought in Byrd and Goodwin at WR. Neither had been very productive, but because they were fast, the homers believed they would show up. Of xcourse, they performed as expected (not very good) and the Bears passing attack lacked more than one good receiver.

Same thing this year. Bring in other teams' rejects and expect them to blossom? Give me a break. At some point, sign a top receiver and draft an elite WR. But these are the Bears. All we need is a defense and running game, right? .. Just forget what's happened in the league for the last 25 years...

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
So 4 WR’s and basically 2 TE’s? And Monty out?

Dragon Slayer

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I feel bad shitting on Fields. This situation is fucked. He needs to be wayyy better but Poles has set him up to fail this season.

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
I feel bad shitting on Fields. This situation is fucked. He needs to be wayyy better but Poles has set him up to fail this season.

Million dollar athlete who’s had numerous opportunities to make very easy plays and simply failed. I def don’t feel bad for criticizing his play. He never had the personnel to put up Mahomes like numbers, but he certainly should be able to play QB infinitely better than he has through 3 games. He needs to man up and get out of his own head

Enasic

Liked Posts:
It’s almost like investing nothing in the offense besides budget level FAs and late draft pics was a bad idea

If only Poles signed Christian Kirk and drafted Christian Watson fields would be on fire right now

….doesn’t compute

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I doubt many here have given up on Fields but he's been shit under any circumstances so far this year. Not giving up on him is different than not seeing that or making excuses for him.

Enasic

Liked Posts:
I doubt many here have given up on Fields but he's been shit under any circumstances so far this year. Not giving up on him is different than not seeing that or making excuses for him.
Yeah I haven’t given up yet. Going into the season I was 50/50 on him being the guy. I was not remotely sold and was probably more pessimistic on him than most Bears fans, but I thought he still had a shot.

After 3 games, I’m probably at a 25% confidence level of him being the guy. I think it’ll be nearly impossible for him not to start playing better, even if it’s marginal. Does that mean he’ll be good this year? Not necessarily. At this rate, I’ll be surprised if he plays at the level of even an average starter over the course of this season. If he does, I’ll be very encouraged.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Yeah I haven’t given up yet. Going into the season I was 50/50 on him being the guy. I was not remotely sold and was probably more pessimistic on him than most Bears fans, but I thought he still had a shot.

After 3 games, I’m probably at a 25% confidence level of him being the guy. I think it’ll be nearly impossible for him not to start playing better, even if it’s marginal. Does that mean he’ll be good this year? Not necessarily. At this rate, I’ll be surprised if he plays at the level of even an average starter over the course of this season. If he does, I’ll be very encouraged.
Yup. Looking bad but he gets at least this season to turn it around. Probably next camp as well but if he doesn't show something by the end of this year, I could easily see Poles move on or at least bring in some real competition. He's playing much worse than Mitch did at this point in their development.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I guess I don't understand all of the hand wringing about Fields. 90% or more of 2nd year quarterback struggle in the NFL. We talked about Josh Allen and how similar his stats were to Field's stats. How about Mahomes? HE sat out a complete season with KC and LEARNED under a genius offensive mind and a very good veteran quarterback.

What I know is that Fields has great physical talent. I don't expect him to be as good as Mahomes and Allen, but he has a good chance of being a Romo. Baby Steps.