1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
LOL, he got popped

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
It may be possible for the Bear to void his deal over this. Not saying they should but it does break some of the defined league rules.
 Disorderly conduct;
 Crimes against law enforcement, such as obstruction, resisting arrest, or harming a police officer or other law enforcement officer;
 Conduct that poses a genuine danger to the safety and well-being of another person; and
 Conduct that undermines or puts at risk the integrity of the NFL, NFL clubs, or NFL personnel.
Yeah I certainly wouldn’t void a deal over this.

zabavka

The owls are not what they seem...
Liked Posts:
For a coaching and Gm who preaches passion and dedication to the game this is indeed a bad look.

It shows a lack of intelligence and he sort of endangered his own child and allegedly was confrontational with the police.

He's one of the guys Poles spent some actual money on too, 6 million with 4 million guaranteed.

Shepard

Renegade
Donator
Liked Posts:
Don't know where you're from but driving on a suspended license gets you arrested and car towed no matter how nice you are

Might be a privilege thing
Its not a privilege thing...I assure you.

Maybe in some counties across the country thats how it works...but very few. I've been a police officer for 16 years and I've never arrested someone for OWS or Reckless Driving for those offenses alone. I can't say I've heard of anywhere towing a vehicle for OWS alone...thats crazy.

Maybe some of these municipalities/counties that are still in the stone age arrest/tow, which is a total a waste of resources for such a common offense.

I'm curious to hear more of what happened and I'm sure the Bears are as well.

Spitta Andretti

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

Maybe in some counties across the country thats how it works...but very few. I've been a police officer for 16 years and I've never arrested someone for OWS or Reckless Driving for those offenses alone. I can't say I've heard of anywhere towing a vehicle for OWS alone...thats crazy.

Maybe some of these municipalities/counties that are still in the stone age arrest/tow, which is a total a waste of resources for such a common offense.

Growing up, I've had a car towed for driving a parents car that the insurance had lapsed. They towed it and I was booked for a few hours. I had no idea obviously and was nice but they did what they did. It really does depend on the city you're in

Hell its also not uncommon for a professional player to not know his license was suspended when you spend so much time in different states or live in a different state than you play

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:

Lol what city? Mayberry?

Shepard

Renegade
Donator
Liked Posts:
Growing up, I've had a car towed for driving a parents car that the insurance had lapsed. They towed it and I was booked for a few hours. I had no idea obviously and was nice but they did what they did. It really does depend on the city you're in

Hell its also not uncommon for a professional player to not know his license was suspended when you spend so much time in different states or live in a different state than you play
So how many years ago was that? Feel free to not to answer, but things have changed pretty radically just the past year or so...let alone the past 20 years. Sorry you went through that by the way...thats pretty stupid and a complete waste of everyone's time (primarily your own).

I wouldn't give him a pass for not knowing his DL was suspended in Florida. It isn't as if he was operating without a license in the state of Florida. I'm assuming he has residency there and had a DL or ID issued to him prior to being suspended. I do believe people often don't know they're DLs are suspended as notices are mailed to different addresses as you alluded to....but he did something to get suspended in the first place (my guess is he didn't pay a forfeiture, but who knows).

Regardless- I prefer he not drive like a dipshit regardless let alone drawing attention to himself while suspended. Not a good sign if we're hoping he's going to take the next step forward and help the Bears....

but with that said I hope I'm wrong and will still cheer for him.

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
$20 says the kids wanted the donuts

pseudonym

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
In fact, it probably was racially motivated. I used to do donuts in my 1967 Camaro all the time. Used to drive around like a fool. Got pulled over a few times for "burning rubber" never got a ticket, never got my car impounded.

VickAshley✅️verified

✅️ verified member - He/Him/Himselve/Sir
Liked Posts:
Agreed for the most part, but I can't imagine the new regime is thrilled.

I have a hard time understanding how someone would get hooked for Reckless Driving & Operating While Suspended...they're uniform traffic citations even in Florida. Then to get his car towed? Its pretty easy just to have the other adult who was with him or give an officer consent to legally park your car nearby if it wasn't parked legally on the traffic stop.

Something tells me he really earned getting arrested as I'm guessing he was probably an asshole about everything.

This isn't a good sign and I'm a bit concerned. Thankfully...the Bears don't have much vested in him.
I got stopped inside a empty warehouse lot I mean completely udderly abandoned vacant warehouse lot doing figure 8 burnouts inside my Charger Daytona just a month ago and guess what? Even though 3 squad cars got there onto the scene and were very hostile with one officer tasing my body guard because he is huge and not white they let me go after a halve hour with out even giving anyone a ticket or anything they just told me to stop being "a "****ing moron at 2 a.m. in the morning" and let us all go eventurally without further incident I guess because I am not a person whomst doesn't look like them they are cool with me but not okay with Pringles. Shaking my head in dismay and dispare at all of this!

bears5150

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Apparently you don't need a DL to sign a multi-million dollar contract?

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:

Lol Shepard is a cop? A cop and managed to save the galaxy

Visionman

Liked Posts:
In fact, it probably was racially motivated. I used to do donuts in my 1967 Camaro all the time. Used to drive around like a fool. Got pulled over a few times for "burning rubber" never got a ticket, never got my car impounded.
did you mouth off to the cops? Did you have your young kid in the car? Did you have a suspended license?

Why do people assume everything is about race…