Prior to being down 21-3

bufordht

Liked Posts:
Mitch Trubisky: 13/18 for 126 yards, 3 rushes 21 yards, 1 sack

OL: 15 carries 31 yards 2 YPC and 2 sacks, 1 penalty negating an 8 yard catch

Keep ignoring the incredible shitiness of the OL.

Who's ignoring the OL? I don't think I've ever seen a post that suggested the OL is ok.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Has a Qb and or team still won with a questionable OL

Chris Sojka

Liked Posts:
Has a Qb and or team still won with a questionable OL

No. Usually the line dictates a significant amount of playcalling. You cant block you dont call long drops you call draws. Plays are less likely to develop downfield. Its that simple.

dakbear

Liked Posts:
Nagy came here and brought the Andy Reid offense with him. Its the only one he has coached and the only one he knows how to coach. Trubisky does not fit well into that offense. The oline pass protects better than run blocking because they do so much more of it in this offense. I believe the bears should become much like Seattle-get a bruising fullback, another tough running back and use tight ends and run the rock over and over again from the I formation. Use play action and roll outs when throwing. Trubisky could be kind of a poor man’s Russell Wilson. He has some of the same skill set. He can run the read option, scramble, and if his accuracy continues to improve, throw down field. None of this will ever happen, of course, but if your identity becomes running the ball, the oline will begin to run block better.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
Mitch averaged 7 YPA and the OL averaged 2 YPC

Against the 25th ranked rush defense that played 0 snaps not in nickel and played 71% of the game in dime. That is simply pathetic OL play.
I didn't see any lineman with a carry. Maybe Montgomery is no good.

Noonthirtyjoe

Liked Posts:
Who's ignoring the OL? I don't think I've ever seen a post that suggested the OL is ok.
No but you seen a bunch saying a QB with a bad oline no run game shit play calling and no TE help should be in the probowl.

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
Let's not act like pace didn't have years of Neglecting drafting OL before Nagy got here

Huh? He drafted whitehair and Daniels. He didn’t invest highly on an OT, but Leno before this year was at least average and Massie was serviceable. If I’m Pace I’m throwing a ton of money sherff’s way and drafting an OT in the 2nd.

inchibearfan

Liked Posts:
I didn't see any lineman with a carry. Maybe Montgomery is no good.

I do not think Mitch is the ultimate solution but even great lines can make bad backs look decent. I also think you can win with Mitch next year if you can fix the o-line. He needs the help of a run game to win. We also do not have a first round pick next year so unless Tua falls in the draft there is not a good shot at getting a replacement. Fixing the o-line will go a long way in fixing the offense. Mitch can also improve more, I do not think he is a finished product yet; he has 4 years starting experience in college and the pros.

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
I do not think Mitch is the ultimate solution but even great lines can make bad backs look decent. I also think you can win with Mitch next year if you can fix the o-line. He needs the help of a run game to win. We also do not have a first round pick next year so unless Tua falls in the draft there is not a good shot at getting a replacement. Fixing the o-line will go a long way in fixing the offense. Mitch can also improve more, I do not think he is a finished product yet; he has 4 years starting experience in college and the pros.

It’s beyond fixing the OL. How do you fix Nagy? Do you trust him to call a cohesive and logical game? Do you trust him to exploit the matchups he should and to run a semi balanced attack? Or his in game adjustments and situational football?

Fixing the OL will help a lot, but if Nagy can’t get out of his own way, it won’t matter.

SugarWalls

Liked Posts:
Literally been saying this for literal weeks.

Actually been saying it since week 1. This is not an excuse for Mitch because his play has been sub par, but the ENTIRE offense outside of Allen robinson is a steaming pile of shit.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
haha. Mitch is a finished product...same as he always was.

Neckbeard

Liked Posts:
Need to address OL and OL coaching and the offense will look noticeably better. Better players (2 hopefully) and better technique and the play calls will work.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
No it's all mitch's fault.

Not all his fault. But what becomes apparent when you watch the tape is Mitch sucks at reading the option. Defender has already shot the gap. There is nowhere for Cohen to go. Mitch still hands it off to him for a 3 yard loss. If he keeps this he can basically shoot up the gap that the defender is penetrating from as the defender is honed in on Cohen and unlike Cohen isn't already moving laterally into the defender.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

Another one. Gaping hole in between Leno and Daniels. Martinez is keyed on Monty. The other defender at the top is heading wrong direction. This is begging Trubs to keep but he hands off to Monty for no gain.

Until Trubs can consistently read these options, the run game will continue to suffer. These plays take a long time to develop because of the option so if Trubs isn't going to take advantage of them need to take them out of playbook.

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
We have reached the part of the season where everyone is spending too much time focusing on the QB and not the shit show around him.

Blame the kicker 2.0

I mean, that part of the season started before the season even started. People have been blaming Trubisky for everything before we even sucked. The idiots just keep doubling down no matter what, though. At least some people have watched this season progress and shifted their hate into the OL/Pace/Nagy/etc.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
No. Usually the line dictates a significant amount of playcalling. You cant block you dont call long drops you call draws. Plays are less likely to develop downfield. Its that simple.

I was gonna list a number of Qb's who got away with a below avg. OL. Vick was one and more recently Texas with Watson got to the playoffs last yr. with a below avg. OL. To your point, a below avg. OL. not only effects playcalling i.e. 5+ step drops, but it especially hinders a non mobile Qb. Of course one would want a above avg. OL.

Last edited:

dweebs19

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
View attachment 4151

Another one. Gaping hole in between Leno and Daniels. Martinez is keyed on Monty. The other defender at the top is heading wrong direction. This is begging Trubs to keep but he hands off to Monty for no gain.

Until Trubs can consistently read these options, the run game will continue to suffer. These plays take a long time to develop because of the option so if Trubs isn't going to take advantage of them need to take them out of playbook.
interesting. I wonder if Jalen Hurts can run the option

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
I mean, that part of the season started before the season even started. People have been blaming Trubisky for everything before we even sucked. The idiots just keep doubling down no matter what, though. At least some people have watched this season progress and shifted their hate into the OL/Pace/Nagy/etc.

I hear what your saying. End of the day, it does come back to the Qb. Mitch has got to be more effective at getting us in & outta out of bad play calls via audibles. With that said, yes the OL/Pace/Nagy are problematic