Projecting the top 9 picks

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
Carolina - this appears to be Young at this point

Houston - refuses to take stroud because of a stupid reason like having the same agent as Watson. Probably take will Anderson

LV from Arizona - trade up for Stroud

Indy - decided to sit tight and let the top 2 qbs go because they prefer levis whose likely to bust. They see him as more pro ready than Richardson and need a guy who will play year 1 to give Ballard hope of saving his job

Seattle- Carter. Need DL. Have always taken risk and it gets them the best player in the draft

Loins- Christian Gonzalez. They could go Wilson but have been looking for a cb1

Arizona- Wilson. Have a lot of holes to fill but DL is a huge need.

Atl - pretty wide open. I could see Witherspoon, bijan, jsn, edge rusher, branch, or even Richardson. I think they end up going Nolan Smith. Gives them much needed pass rush and someone local fans know well and will pull for

Bears - I think they'd love to trade back and with Richardson on the board it's a real possibility but they have all the top OL available. I think if they stick here and pick nobody has any idea what they'll do. Poles has valued length and athletic ability though so that leads me to them choosing between PJJ and Jones. He may choose Jones for higher upside but if he fills the upside is close and PJJ is more ready, maybe he takes him. I think he probably takes Jones and sees him as the best fit and also not as far away from ready as others may think. So the pick is Broderick Jones at 9 if things fall this way and they stay put. Hopefully Richardson does fall and gives them a nice trade back option with Tennessee or Washington

@HeHateMe when's the draft?

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Carolina - this appears to be Young at this point

Houston - refuses to take stroud because of a stupid reason like having the same agent as Watson. Probably take will Anderson

LV from Arizona - trade up for Stroud

Indy - decided to sit tight and let the top 2 qbs go because they prefer levis whose likely to bust. They see him as more pro ready than Richardson and need a guy who will play year 1 to give Ballard hope of saving his job

Seattle- Carter. Need DL. Have always taken risk and it gets them the best player in the draft

Loins- Christian Gonzalez. They could go Wilson but have been looking for a cb1

Arizona- Wilson. Have a lot of holes to fill but DL is a huge need.

Atl - pretty wide open. I could see Witherspoon, bijan, jsn, edge rusher, branch, or even Richardson. I think they end up going Nolan Smith. Gives them much needed pass rush and someone local fans know well and will pull for

Bears - I think they'd love to trade back and with Richardson on the board it's a real possibility but they have all the top OL available. I think if they stick here and pick nobody has any idea what they'll do. Poles has valued length and athletic ability though so that leads me to them choosing between PJJ and Jones. He may choose Jones for higher upside but if he fills the upside is close and PJJ is more ready, maybe he takes him. I think he probably takes Jones and sees him as the best fit and also not as far away from ready as others may think. So the pick is Broderick Jones at 9 if things fall this way and they stay put. Hopefully Richardson does fall and gives them a nice trade back option with Tennessee or Washington

@HeHateMe when's the draft?
The other possibilities beside T are Witherspoon, JSN and Van Ness. Like you, I'd hope they trade back but try to stay at 17 or higher.

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
I would love a trade back as long as they still have the opportunity to draft a top OT, CB, or JSN (unlikely though). Id honestly be fine with one of the top 3 OTs that have been discussed being drafted by the Bears, but how far back could you go to get one of them.

Bears4Ever_34

Liked Posts:
Would SEA take Carter after they just signed Dremont Jones to the same position a month ago?

I supposed they could always move Jones to the other DT position, but I could see them going Tyree Wilson at 5.

I think DET goes Witherspoon at 6. Kirby Joseph turned out to be a great pick for them last year—another former Illini. I could see them going back to that well again, in light of the Okudah trade.

If HOU is dumb enough to pass on Stroud, LV to #3 makes sense. I could see that happening, though it would make Jimmy G an expensive backup. Stroud is a guy who you'd think should be able to play right away, unlike Richardson or Levis. Could be an interesting dynamic if it plays out this way.

Darnell Wright just feels like the Bears pick at this point, to me. I wouldn't hate it, but I wouldn't love it. I'd still prefer to take a more versatile OT like Johnson, but Wright seems to be a relatively safe pick at RT.

Last edited:

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I'd love to trade back and still get Jones/Wright/Kancey as well as another 2nd or more depending on where we trade back to.

Houston wouldn't actually pass on Stroud over that, would they? I mean, if he's not good, they'll be picking early again next draft. Take him anyway!

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
Stroud is just less likely to be taken very high cause of that incredibly low S2 cognitive test score and, really, what Ohio State QB ever found success in the NFL?

bearsfan1977

Liked Posts:
Yes but the Falcons have some sort of misplaced hope that they have a roster ready to contend in the NFC and want that one guy to get them there.
The Falcons will Falcon. I said it a few months back, if they’re smart, they’ll move up to get a QB they like. They don’t have a starting-caliber QB on their roster.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
#1 Young
#2 Anderson
#3 Wilson or Raiders trade up for Levis OL?
#4 Levis or .... shit themselves.... then pick? Carter? Wilson? WR? Stroud?
#5 Wilson or Carter or Bijan or WR? OL?

greg23

Liked Posts:
If Richardson is there at 9 ; Poles better trade down vs drafting anyone at 9