Projecting the top 9 picks

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
If Richardson is there at 9 ; Poles better trade down vs drafting anyone at 9
Whose to say anyone wants to trade up for him? Washington isn't really in position for a project. Tennessee isn't really either. TB could but I get the feeling they are tanking for next year. Baltimore could and Vikings could I guess

TL1961

Liked Posts:
If Richardson is there at 9 ; Poles better trade down vs drafting anyone at 9
By finding that team willing to trade up to #9 for a QB, that was not willing to trade up to #8, right?

Roary

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Carolina - this appears to be Young at this point

Houston - refuses to take stroud because of a stupid reason like having the same agent as Watson. Probably take will Anderson

LV from Arizona - trade up for Stroud

Indy - decided to sit tight and let the top 2 qbs go because they prefer levis whose likely to bust. They see him as more pro ready than Richardson and need a guy who will play year 1 to give Ballard hope of saving his job

Seattle- Carter. Need DL. Have always taken risk and it gets them the best player in the draft

Loins- Christian Gonzalez. They could go Wilson but have been looking for a cb1

Arizona- Wilson. Have a lot of holes to fill but DL is a huge need.

Atl - pretty wide open. I could see Witherspoon, bijan, jsn, edge rusher, branch, or even Richardson. I think they end up going Nolan Smith. Gives them much needed pass rush and someone local fans know well and will pull for

Bears - I think they'd love to trade back and with Richardson on the board it's a real possibility but they have all the top OL available. I think if they stick here and pick nobody has any idea what they'll do. Poles has valued length and athletic ability though so that leads me to them choosing between PJJ and Jones. He may choose Jones for higher upside but if he fills the upside is close and PJJ is more ready, maybe he takes him. I think he probably takes Jones and sees him as the best fit and also not as far away from ready as others may think. So the pick is Broderick Jones at 9 if things fall this way and they stay put. Hopefully Richardson does fall and gives them a nice trade back option with Tennessee or Washington

@HeHateMe when's the draft?
Dumb Draft...Lions will never take Gonzales over Witherspoon...

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Dumb Draft...Lions will never take Gonzales over Witherspoon...
Yeah the dont have a long enough rap sheet to merit getting indoctrinated into the Dan Campbell criminal enterprise. But there's still time to for them beat a homeless man senseless.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I think Skoronski goes to the Raiders if they don’t trade up in your scenario.
Nah they are set with former Bear All-Pro Alex Bars

greg23

Liked Posts:
By finding that team willing to trade up to #9 for a QB, that was not willing to trade up to #8, right?
Isn't that exactly how a qb would fall to the #9 pick??

SugarWalls

Liked Posts:
I do not see carter falling to the bears.

I think carter to the Seahawks is very likely considering he is possibly best player in this draft, and Seattle has a long history of not minding character concerns.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
With no trade downs among top 9, I think it goes like this,

#1 Young
#2 Levis
#3 Anderson
#4 Stroud
#5 Carter
#6 Witherspoon
#7 Richardson/Wilson
#8 Wilson/Richardson
#9 Gonzales/Johnson Jr

Last edited:
Liked Posts:
With no trade downs among top 9, I think it goes like this,

#1 Young
#2 Levis
#3 Wilson
#4 Stroud
#5 Carter
#6 Witherspoon
#7 Richardson/Wilson
#8 Wilson/Richardson
#9 Gonzales/Johnson Jr
What happened to Anderson?

PackerNation

Winning Is A Habit
Liked Posts:
Did some random talking head say something positive about Christian Gonzales recently?

Just curious why a lot of Bears fans are slurping on him now? We know Bears fans thoughts on the Bears draft all comes from talking heads.

Dagman310

Liked Posts:
If Richardson is there at 9 and the Texans pass on a qb with their first pick, maybe they'd trade up. I'd love to see Wright picked. I'd be fine with him picked at 9 too but a trade back would be ideal. My God, the guy is a beast.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Did some random talking head say something positive about Christian Gonzales recently?

Just curious why a lot of Bears fans are slurping on him now? We know Bears fans thoughts on the Bears draft all comes from talking heads.
You sure do know a lot about CCS Bears fans considering you don't do the message board thing.

Oh yeah, you spend every single waking moment on a website that is dedicated to a team you don't even follow :ROFLMAO:

Imagine being a fan of a team that has kicked the living shit out of the Bears for a majority of the past 30 years, only to still have that team and its fans live rent free in your head all day every single day.

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
Houston not going quarterback at second overall would've been unfathomable a couple months ago.
I think 3 qbs still go top 10. Carter, Anderson, and Wilson are near locks to be picked ahead of bears. That leaves 2 picks up for grabs ahead of the bears. Presumably at least 1 cb goes and possibly 2 beforeChicago. It'll be interesting to see how things fall. A wrench really gets thrown in there if only 2 qbs go before the bears.

Montucky

Liked Posts:
I think 3 qbs still go top 10. Carter, Anderson, and Wilson are near locks to be picked ahead of bears. That leaves 2 picks up for grabs ahead of the bears. Presumably at least 1 cb goes and possibly 2 beforeChicago. It'll be interesting to see how things fall. A wrench really gets thrown in there if only 2 qbs go before the bears.
I would bump Jalen Carter down to total wildcard status. I don't know what is going to happen there. If Seattle likes him he's as good as gone, if they don't then it might spook everyone else ("Pete Carroll doesn't think he can fix him? Uh oh").

The guy I think going early is Paris Johnson Jr., who ticks pretty much all your boxes for right tackle and most of them for left tackle. That and Anthony Richardson's upside and combine performance has to have lured somebody in.

All in all I'm with you to an extent. I feel like I know who is going to go before ninth overall, but I don't quite know to where and in what order. That's precarious, and all it takes is a few trade ups or a surprise pick to throw it all upside down.

Rise

Liked Posts:
I think the top 8 will be 3 QBs, Anderson, Carter, tyree, Paris, and 1 CB. Hopefully the Bears can then take advantage of a trade down with a team who wants QB4.

I think stacking picks for next year is the play, be ready to get Harrison jr in a trade up. Or worst case a QB.

Rise

Liked Posts:
Houston not going quarterback at second overall would've been unfathomable a couple months ago.

It wasn’t a mainstream thought but it was out there. I wrote a post about it happening. Made sense to me then, and still does now.

CaliBearFan

Liked Posts:
He's been widely considered as the top CB for months now. Did you just wake up out of a coma?