CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
How many slices you guys throwing on?

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Coincidental topic for me, I just started buying turkey, roast beef, and provolone for sammiches.

I do 2 slices of turkey on bottom, 1 slice of provolone, and 2 slices of roast beef on top.

Side story, I went to refill lunchmeats recently and there was a lady standing in front of the case with the pre-sliced meat packages, boxing out so you had to reach over her to grab anything.

I had to sexually harass this old bitch until I could get enough room to snatch a package of roast beef hidden under her front butt.

FozzyBear

Token CCS Minority
Liked Posts:

Depends on the slice thickness and size of the cut. And what type/shape of the bread. But normally a lot vs being a poor ass kid frying bologna. Big sandwich, optional chips.. drank.. a meal sized sandwich...

To this day, one of my bros will literally take one slice of that oscar mayer ham and cheese slice and throw it in between two slices of cheap as bread.

One of my last jobs as a teen was as a sandwich artist for some failed chain, well failed in that region. We had a slicer and whole meats. Sweet making youre own. Would toast mine or others on request. way before that became a thing at the subway.

Urblock

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Coincidental topic for me, I just started buying turkey, roast beef, and provolone for sammiches.

I do 2 slices of turkey on bottom, 1 slice of provolone, and 2 slices of roast beef on top.

Side story, I went to refill lunchmeats recently and there was a lady standing in front of the case with the pre-sliced meat packages, boxing out so you had to reach over her to grab anything.

I had to sexually harass this old bitch until I could get enough room to snatch a package of roast beef hidden under her front butt.
You should have been arrested.

ytsejam

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

I hate that shit when fat fucks stand there with their carts blocking the lunch meat from the rest of us working folks.
Leave your fucking cart off to the side when you order shit at the deli counter.

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Depends on the slice thickness and size of the cut. And what type/shape of the bread. But normally a lot vs being a poor ass kid frying bologna. Big sandwich, optional chips.. drank.. a meal sized sandwich...

To this day, one of my bros will literally take one slice of that oscar mayer ham and cheese slice and throw it in between two slices of cheap as bread.

One of my last jobs as a teen was as a sandwich artist for some failed chain, well failed in that region. We had a slicer and whole meats. Sweet making youre own. Would toast mine or others on request. way before that became a thing at the subway.
Chips on a sandwich are a must

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I hate that shit when fat fucks stand there with their carts blocking the lunch meat from the rest of us working folks.
Leave your fucking cart off to the side when you order shit at the deli counter.

Dis uppity bish didn't even use her cart.

She leveraged her ample personal girth to box me out like an NBA power forward.

If freshness is that important, go to the deli counter, it had a line of 4 people at the time she was playing this game.

I honestly think some people just try for conflict with others out in public spaces because they're lonely.

Granada

Liked Posts:

Serves you right for getting the pre-packaged shit. :)

At least 3 slices, not including cheese (1 at most). I don't like to mix anything, be it condiments, cheeses, or meats. Might throw a piece of romaine on there, but it's rare and depends on the condiment (not with mustard).

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Dis uppity bish didn't even use her cart.

She leveraged her ample personal girth to box me out like an NBA power forward.

If freshness is that important, go to the deli counter, it had a line of 4 people at the time she was playing this game.

I honestly think some people just try for conflict with others out in public spaces because they're lonely.
Did you try saying "excuuuuuse me?"

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
3 thin slices so I have plenty of room for leafy greens or sprouts and maybe even tomato or avacado because I am going live for ****ing ever to keep calling people dumb in the Bears forum until @Rush goes broke or the internet dies.....

pop-team-epic-featured.jpg

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Did you try saying "excuuuuuse me?"

I'd have to shout it over the Wolf Totem blaring in my ears, so no lol.

I was polite IMO by not bumping her actually, I reached all the way from the opposite side of the case because I don't have old lady T-Rex arms.

Valuable lesson tho, grab meat from the case otw in before the NBA freethrow boxout lunchmeat challenge begins.

I will remember.

DC

Minister of Archaic Titillations
Donator
Liked Posts:
4-6 slices if you're rocking other delicious fillers like pickles, onion, tomato, lettuce etc. If you're not, more the merrier but you'll need proper mayo/mustard/vinegar combo if you want that ode to meat to make it down your gullet.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Braunschweiger, one schmear. 1/2 inch slice of onion. Limberger schmear. PUMPERNICKEL BREADS and some whole grain mustard.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Here's another good delimeatsandwich

Get yourself a baking sheet, one of the dirty ones with chunks of black stuff from previous usage.

Now take 4-6 slices of bread, HEARTY WHEAT LONGRAIN PUMPERNICKEL half loaf a neighbor of mine makes should do.

Cut the slices LENGTHWISE and FAN out on the baking sheet with a fork.

NEXT, add 6 slices of turkey, 8 slices of ham, 9 slices of roast beef, 2 large handfuls of lettuce, 13 slices of tomato, olives, S&P, GHOST PEPPER PROVOLONE, HONEY SIRACHA DRAGON SAUCE, and two footlong hot dogs boiled and then baked in oven.

I make my own custom potato chips with sea salt imported from Italy for no reason but so I can brag about it.

And I make my own ketchup but its just ketchup because ketchup is ketchup.

DONT ASK ME HOW TO MAKE ALL THAT INTO ONE SANDWICH I HAVE VIDEO GAME REMASTERS TO CRITICIZE.

ytsejam

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I went to a place called Planet Sub once.
Got a sandwich with pastrami, pepperjack, dijon, and saurkraut on it.
Was delicious.

Burque

Huevos Rancheros
Liked Posts:
I remember one slice balogna sandwiches, as a kid, with fargin Miracle Whip where it was spread on and then basically entirely scraped off.

As a broke college kid it evolved to the ten for a buck packets of super thin sliced stuff where one pack made two sandwiches with a single slice of American cheese and a slightly larger amount of fargin Miracle Whip, maybe some yellow mustard.

To answer your question: As an adult I would say 1/3 pound, number of slices depend on thickness, which depends on meat selection. Could be 12 could be 4 but that depends on meat and thickness selection. I think that the 1/3 pound range is the butter zone.

For the sandwich I would use fresh locally made bread (type depends on meat selection but sourdough is my favorite) that is very lightly toasted with high quality mayonnaise, stone ground Boetje's mustard, a couple of pickle strips, a couple of slices of good cheese that go with the selected meat, super thin sliced red or white onions, a leaf or two of butter lettuce and a couple of slices of bacon in the 4.5 range of the bacon chart.