Props to Jeremy Colliton

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I just wanted to shout out to JC who I was patient with until it got so bad I was apoplectic on the couch and near heart attack cursing the moon and norse gods watching what looked like an AHL team stuck in the big leagues fighting to escape its own zone hopelessly defeated night after night, except that I would believe in an AHL team to get out of their own zone more than what I was seeing, nearly threw up a few times, and starting looking up numbers to see how big of a shit fuck suck goddamn what the hell is happening attitude poisoned my love of hockey for like 3 whole weeks.

That said...it takes a big man to admit you are wrong and reboot everything. Its hard to be 33 or whatever and get to these superstars, but he hung in there, stayed true to himself and figured some stuff out with the guys and damn if they haven't looked more than competitive the last few weeks. Strong push to the break to give themselves a fighting chance second half. Good job JC. Good effort from the guys. Pulled together and every time there was another injury setback two more guys stepped up. Impressive turnaround.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
OK, could be props, could be that the guy decided to keep his mouth shut with his 22nd century plan for hockey.

I did not expect any man who replaced Q would have much of a shot at getting this teams ear. It happens all the time, replace Ditka? it has sadly been 35 years since that great 85 team. Never thought it would be the next guy, but we would need to wait for two or three more, which is why I still would be for change.

You hear it on player interviews all the time, Kane calls him Jeremy. (Jeremy spoke in class today was about the first school shooting.) Has a coach c deal been started? ( I tried) I hear alot of he's or they's when used to be coach Q and we.

I guess we just see which it is. There were some replays last week where the entire offense was a circulating tornado of skaters, man defense going around in circles with them, goals being scored. Then there are times they go back to let Kane run anything he wants to get someone an open look.

blackpep72

Liked Posts:
I just wanted to shout out to JC who I was patient with until it got so bad I was apoplectic on the couch and near heart attack cursing the moon and norse gods watching what looked like an AHL team stuck in the big leagues fighting to escape its own zone hopelessly defeated night after night, except that I would believe in an AHL team to get out of their own zone more than what I was seeing, nearly threw up a few times, and starting looking up numbers to see how big of a shit fuck suck goddamn what the hell is happening attitude poisoned my love of hockey for like 3 whole weeks.

That said...it takes a big man to admit you are wrong and reboot everything. Its hard to be 33 or whatever and get to these superstars, but he hung in there, stayed true to himself and figured some stuff out with the guys and damn if they haven't looked more than competitive the last few weeks. Strong push to the break to give themselves a fighting chance second half. Good job JC. Good effort from the guys. Pulled together and every time there was another injury setback two more guys stepped up. Impressive turnaround.

Or it could just be that the captain decided to start giving a damn and help Kaner out:)

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
Did he switch up the defensive lines recently?

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Did he switch up the defensive lines recently?
injuries continue to shuffle things no? Maata was out for a minute I thought.
Certainly Gilbert was part of defense a couple weeks ago for one.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'm not sold on JC and truthfully I would have jumped the gun and fired him already weeks ago. I'm not reversing course, I'm just giving some credit where it was earned. Its rare to see a sports franchise make such a drastic turn under same leadership.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Definite props for having a Top 5 Penalty Kill

I'm pretty sure all the stats associated with their penalty kill got smashed by the Panthers. Nearly doubled their goals against over the hot streak in a single period.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
I'm not satisfied, or going to give him props per se because this is a big boy league and you don't waste any time learning on the job like he has, but what I will say is at least he hasn't totally lost the a team that has two players older than him on it, and another one that is probably a better coach than he is already, then you've got a guy who is probably the bearing in on lockign down greatest american born player every and he's trying to tell him what to do.... so I guess yeah theres that along with the total ineptitude of the GM. So the fact that they are even able to win any game, let alone still technically be chasing the wild card is well... commendable at the most I guess? Aside from that, he's got Kane, a rookie of the year candidate, veterans, future hall of famers, Big Cat, who has somehow regressed, and 1 billion in salary for goalies and they still fight in practice.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
injuries continue to shuffle things no? Maata was out for a minute I thought.
Certainly Gilbert was part of defense a couple weeks ago for one.

Maata was also turning over pucks that led to immediate goals, like one timers. Lost with Gilbert, he gave this team grit and was part of what turned it around.

Jack Lantern

Liked Posts:
Next 2 weeks is the big test.

February 24th is the trade deadline. Stan said the next 2 weeks will determine if the Hawks become buyers or sellers.

Jack Lantern

Liked Posts:
Maata was also turning over pucks that led to immediate goals, like one timers. Lost with Gilbert, he gave this team grit and was part of what turned it around.

They got 2nd and 3rd scoring. It started to turnaround soon as Toews and Kubalik started finding the back of the net