Props to Montgomery

CaliBearFan

Liked Posts:
He looked great on Sunday. The talk about learning how to run correctly that many passed off as offseason fluff turned out to be real. I don't know if I have ever seen a more focused and determined player. He obviously has his limitations but I'm happy for him and he is going to shine this year.

That being said, Nagy is still a dumb playcaller. Monty averaged 6.8 ypc and only had 16 carries. Meanwhile Williams averaged 2.0 ypc and had 6 carries and Nagy called 40 fucking pass plays. Williams is a good receiver but Nagy thinks he's to smart to play the obvious hot hand.

After a good run, Montgomery would get pulled. Everytime like clockwork. I feel like this offense would have a chance with Lazor calling plays and letting Montgomery be the engine even without Fields.

Last edited:

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Donator
Liked Posts:
Couldn't agree more. I had him written off as a guy you don't re-sign. You absolutely re-sign him if he keeps playing like this.

I always say, any of these players can get me to stfu if they perform. I'm officially shutting tfu about Monty - I've been watching the Bears since the 80s...that was elite play against the Rams. The guy was finding holes like water flowing - you can't beat that.

And I'm telling ya'll I already know he's an elite pass catcher for a back....Nagy's dumb ass doesn't know how to use him.

SugabearMVP

Liked Posts:
This has happened before. Its obvious that the run game is producing yards in a game or a QB sneak here and there is moving the chains, but then Nagy tries to show that he's all about passing, regardless of the current situation in the game.

He's just not a good overall coach that can see the game and plan accordingly. I honestly feel like he thinks he has to show the org that he can call a great pass play. I wish he would understand that a good coach does just that... "coach" and plan accordingly, whether its a run or a pass. Stop trying to stick to the passing game cuz it doesn't work. And when you see the run game is working or the QB is having success running (as much as it scares me), let them do it if they feel its their best option. We saw this early on in Mitch's career where he would have really good success at running, but then it seems Nagy didn't want him to do that and instead enforced a pass-only approach which ruined Mitch because he just didn't get it, but yet couldn't improvise with his legs in return.

ZenBear34

Liked Posts:
Couldn't agree more. I had him written off as a guy you don't re-sign. You absolutely re-sign him if he keeps playing like this.

I always say, any of these players can get me to stfu if they perform. I'm officially shutting tfu about Monty - I've been watching the Bears since the 80s...that was elite play against the Rams. The guy was finding holes like water flowing - you can't beat that.

And I'm telling ya'll I already know he's an elite pass catcher for a back....Nagy's dumb ass doesn't know how to use him.

I like Montgomery, but paying running backs is stupid.

legendxofxlink

Whistle Dixie
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nashville Predators
  1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers
Yes David was elite Sunday night. But also give James Daniels the money if he keeps his health. Dude manhandled a HOFer out of the way several times. Of course Donald got the best of him a few reps, but damn. Daniels fucking killed that game. Ifedi shut Floyd tf up too.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
Yes David was elite Sunday night. But also give James Daniels the money if he keeps his health. Dude manhandled a HOFer out of the way several times. Of course Donald got the best of him a few reps, but damn. Daniels fucking killed that game. Ifedi shut Floyd tf up too.
Donald had his best snap over Whitehair. The interior as a whole played a great game. Until Borom had a Ram roll up on the back of his legs, he was playing well too.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
T's played better than the interior.

Cody and Mustipher aren't our most stout linemen and that will show vs Donald. Our OL graded poorly overall but performed better than that since the low scores were the 2 guys in the 1st sentence and we didn't see any splash plays by Donald.

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Floyd only has one move. If Donald isn’t dominant Floyd is usually on his back like a hooker

Bearin' Down

Liked Posts:
T's played better than the interior.

Cody and Mustipher aren't our most stout linemen and that will show vs Donald. Our OL graded poorly overall but performed better than that since the low scores were the 2 guys in the 1st sentence and we didn't see any splash plays by Donald.
Is Monty's 68 grade good? And as much as I like fields, how was he rated better than Monty?

Dejo

Godfather of FTO
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Real Salt Lake
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Utah Jazz
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Utah Utes

Nagy has had a lot of red flags around his play calling and design, but this might be one of the biggest turduckens that have dropped from his sphincter. Forte was used so damn well, we need some of those designs s for Monty to test him out similarly. He is so damn shifty, get him in open space.

mattb78

My threads are FTO !
Liked Posts:
Monty is going to be a tough call. He is under contract next year for 1.2 million. And damn he is worth more than that. And you really want to extend players that have given it their all before their contract year.. especially for guys that are making nothing.

But next year is a tough cap year and things don't start opening up until the following year.

Probably revolves around 2 things. 1). Who is the head coach next year and 2). What RB is going to fit best with Fields? If Fields is going to open things up quite a bit the Bears may want to learn towards a home run hitter at RB or a RB by committee instead of investing heavily at the position.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Monty is going to be a tough call. He is under contract next year for 1.2 million. And damn he is worth more than that. And you really want to extend players that have given it their all before their contract year.. especially for guys that are making nothing.

But next year is a tough cap year and things don't start opening up until the following year.

Probably revolves around 2 things. 1). Who is the head coach next year and 2). What RB is going to fit best with Fields? If Fields is going to open things up quite a bit the Bears may want to learn towards a home run hitter at RB or a RB by committee instead of investing heavily at the position.

But resign him for how much? He drastically overpaid Cohen(whom he should have just let go)

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange

But Monty played great last year and you still were hating on him until now. I think he was 5th in all RB's in total yds last year.

Not coming at you, just sayin.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
I like Montgomery, but paying running backs is stupid.
It'll be real interesting to see what kind of contract gets talked about for him after this year, or what the rumors from the media people will be saying is talked about even though much of that is just them talking to talk.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Daniels definitely looked like our best OL out there last week and also looked like our best OL up until he got hurt last year, so i think we have to give him a new deal even though his injury history is kinda scary.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Is Monty's 68 grade good? And as much as I like fields, how was he rated better than Monty?
I wasn't using PFF as an absolute as it's assignment based and not so much about overall play but Whitehair was our worst lineman on Sunday. The Tackles held up well but they didn't face Donald. Daniels is going to anchor this line if he can stay healthy. I like Whitehair but if it takes a big contract to keep him, I go for more beef block inside. Once it was determined he wasn't the solution at C, his value dropped.