Props to Montgomery

mceownr22

PacetheGawd
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
He seems to have really turned a corner. I've always liked Monty but this offseason has really got him better.
That being said that YPC stays high because he gets that breather every now and then so it does go both ways.

Nagy does have to get his head out of his ass and run the ball more consistently. Just watching the last two games you can easily tell that is the strength of our OL compared to pass pro.

Spankypants

Liked Posts:
He seems to have really turned a corner. I've always liked Monty but this offseason has really got him better.
That being said that YPC stays high because he gets that breather every now and then so it does go both ways.

Nagy does have to get his head out of his ass and run the ball more consistently. Just watching the last two games you can easily tell that is the strength of our OL compared to pass pro.
Nagy may believe that, but like many good RB's, Monty gets better when he works up a lather. Pulling him every other series for an inferior player is a mistake.

Starion

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
IIRC, Monty did get 20 carries last week?

Eventually Cohen comes back and after that big ass contract they gave him, he'll probably cut into the well-oiled machine that is David Montgomery's workload with drive-killing gadget gimmicky plays.

I for one, have no problem with Cohen running anywhere or up the middle even, but this OL needs to block at least average for him to have a chance in hell. Only DMonty can DMonty his way out of their shit blocking, but even he can't outrun Nagy's terrible playcalls when the D knows what's coming and blocks are poor.

msadows

Liked Posts:
IIRC, Monty did get 20 carries last week?

Eventually Cohen comes back and after that big ass contract they gave him, he'll probably cut into the well-oiled machine that is David Montgomery's workload with drive-killing gadget gimmicky plays.

I for one, have no problem with Cohen running anywhere or up the middle even, but this OL needs to block at least average for him to have a chance in hell. Only DMonty can DMonty his way out of their shit blocking, but even he can't outrun Nagy's terrible playcalls when the D knows what's coming and blocks are poor.
Didn’t Cohen just have another surgery right before the season started?

im not sure his timetable, but he’s way behind. Burrow is already playing and Cohen hasn’t even practiced.

if he comes back soon I’d assume he gets used more as a pass catcher than a runner, or at least Nagy would be smart to do so.

Spankypants

Liked Posts:
Didn’t Cohen just have another surgery right before the season started?

im not sure his timetable, but he’s way behind. Burrow is already playing and Cohen hasn’t even practiced.

if he comes back soon I’d assume he gets used more as a pass catcher than a runner, or at least Nagy would be smart to do so.
"...Nagy would be smart to do so."

Ha! Good one!