Pros and cons of Matt Eberflus

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Not like he showed up while it was already good. Somebody developed Allen.
He couldn’t develop 4 other QBs so I’ll take this as someone else developed Allen

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:
Fans should get ready for reality. Harbaugh, Day, McDaniels...none of these guys are coming.

The best names I saw that interviewed are Pederson and Daboll. I heard a rumor the Pederson interview didn't go well. If Daboll is high profile and the Bears are the 4th best gig...I wouldn't count on it either.

Leslie Frazier come on down!
Considering two of the three names mentioned are currently employed in college that's really going out on a limb?

Last edited:

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Pros:
Eberflus took over Pagano's defense built for a 3-4 that finished among the league's worst in pretty much every major statistical category the season prior and turned it into a top 10 unit that same year with a bunch of personnel that didnt fit his scheme. Has had lead a top 10 unit every season except one (2019, defense ranked 16th).

Is said to be a no nonsense type of coach who demands perfection and hustle from his players week in and week out.

Cons:
He probably wont have a clue who to hire as an OC, thus booting the Bears right back to where they've been for the 40 years of my life.
I think he’s an excellent coach. I’ve just always wanted someone on the offense side. Really
Comes down to who his OC is but even if he does get a good OC it’s going to be a rotating door.

mattb78

My threads are FTO !
Liked Posts:
This would be a horrible hire for Fields. Very little NFL offensive experience and he is supposed to groom Fields?

It is very possible this guy knows less about running an NFL offense than Matt Nagy.. and that's difficult to do.

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
Allen looked like “trash” his first two seasons. Maybe Daboll just can’t develop QBs?
If you’re of the belief that coaching doesn’t matter than sure. I’m not. Takes a lot more than talent to be a star QB but hey, I guess only the first 2 years latter and not the last 2.

DeerBrinker34

Liked Posts:
I think he’s an excellent coach. I’ve just always wanted someone on the offense side. Really
Comes down to who his OC is but even if he does get a good OC it’s going to be a rotating door.
I agree. I think Eberflus could do well as an HC but he's gotta have a plan for the offense other than just running the ball 45 times per game.

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Liked Posts:
Considering two of the three names mentioned are currently employed in college that's really going out on a limb?
It's sarcasm. It's a reference to how many CCS posters allowed themselves to believe it was a possibility a mere 2 weeks ago.

mattb78

My threads are FTO !
Liked Posts:
I agree with Rainbow. This whole process has been fucked.

If you knew you were going to fire Pace, finding a GM should be priority number 1 on Black Monday.

Now we are simultaneously conducting a coaching and GM search. You have to assume some GM candidates are put off on the idea of not getting to hire their own head coach.

I am certainly not saying they have blown it before they hired anyone. I will be objective about any hire. But the plan as it is working right now is questionable.

Omeletpants

Save America
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Colorado Rockies
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  2. Orlando Magic
  3. Phoenix Suns
  4. Sacramento Kings
  1. Columbus Blue Jackets
I once had an Eberflus but the doctor gave me a shot and it went away

Sparks500

Liked Posts:
There are certain last names that just say failure. Not sure why, and it aint Matt's fault, but it just doesn't seem to ever work for people with last names that don't flow off the tongue.
1642627965348.jpeg

jbunch14

Liked Posts:
I agree with Rainbow. This whole process has been fucked.

If you knew you were going to fire Pace, finding a GM should be priority number 1 on Black Monday.

Now we are simultaneously conducting a coaching and GM search. You have to assume some GM candidates are put off on the idea of not getting to hire their own head coach.

I am certainly not saying they have blown it before they hired anyone. I will be objective about any hire. But the plan as it is working right now is questionable.

You mean they are simultaneously doing due diligence on the two positions they need to fill? Like every other team that is filling their top two positions this year? Instead of only interviewing GM candidates and then likely missing out on their top choice at HC because the other 7 teams who are searching for the same would have likely hired all of the top choices? Definitely fucking things right up!!

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
You mean they are simultaneously doing due diligence on the two positions they need to fill? Like every other team that is filling their top two positions this year? Instead of only interviewing GM candidates and then likely missing out on their top choice at HC because the other 7 teams who are searching for the same would have likely hired all of the top choices? Definitely fucking things right up!!
Yeah aren’t other teams all doing the same thing?