Pros and cons of Matt Eberflus

dignan

Liked Posts:
So we'd be switching back to 4-3 with no viable 3 technique plus he'd presumably bring in somebody from Colts staff to run the same (Andy Reid) offense?

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Yes, that is the question for every DC ever hired, can you bring in the proper OC to run that side of the ball. Are you going to get a Vrabel who has hit on every OC he has hired, or a McDermott who got it right with Daboll? The flip side would be Flores, or Bowles who never got it right.
I think Fields and his development makes it a little more significant.

bears51/40

Liked Posts:
I think Fields and his development makes it a little more significant.
No matter if you are an OC or DC, the new coach has to get his staff right. Nagy was supposed to be an offensive guru and QB whisperer and he was neither. He failed to develop two young QB's, and he is now out of a job because of it. No matter who the Bears new HC is, it is his job to have a plan in place to develop Fields.

jtreal3

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Fuck my life. This dude is gonna be the pick and he's gonna be shit and fired with in 5 years

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
So we'd be switching back to 4-3 with no viable 3 technique plus he'd presumably bring in somebody from Colts staff to run the same (Andy Reid) offense?
He's coached 3-4 and 4-3 defenses. The only name I've heard for his OC is Iowa St. OC , Tom Manning, who was with the Colts in 2018 but doesn't run the Andy Reid offense as far as I know.

dweebs19

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
When I watched the Colts in-season Hard Knocks, he seems like a no non sense type guy. His defense reminds me of Lovie's defense a bit. I think he worked under Rod Marinelli. That last game against the Jaguars was probably one of his worst defensive performances this year. They also had lots of injuries with DBs though. He seems like a guy who would run the ball with Monty alot if he were the coach. Basically a running and defense type guy.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
No matter if you are an OC or DC, the new coach has to get his staff right. Nagy was supposed to be an offensive guru and QB whisperer and he was neither. He failed to develop two young QB's, and he is now out of a job because of it. No matter who the Bears new HC is, it is his job to have a plan in place to develop Fields.
Really?:)