PS4 Help!

RoseMVP1

Liked Posts:
So I just recently bought a ps4. About 3-4 weeks ago. When I set it up, I did it so it would just go into rest mode when I shut it off. I was stupid enough to think a Sony product would actually work properly. Now when I turn it on, it half way boots up then powers off. From the research I've done, it appears to be caused by putting it into rest mode.

How the fuck do I get it to fully power up again? I've unplugged the damn thing, started it up from the controller and system, switched hdmi ports....I just can't get it and it's really pissing me off. Anyone that's had this problem that knows how to get it running again??

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
So I just recently bought a ps4. About 3-4 weeks ago. When I set it up, I did it so it would just go into rest mode when I shut it off. I was stupid enough to think a Sony product would actually work properly. Now when I turn it on, it half way boots up then powers off. From the research I've done, it appears to be caused by putting it into rest mode.

How the fuck do I get it to fully power up again? I've unplugged the damn thing, started it up from the controller and system, switched hdmi ports....I just can't get it and it's really pissing me off. Anyone that's had this problem that knows how to get it running again??

Return it and buy another one lol

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
why dont you google ps4 hard reset or hard restart

TheeUndyingFan

Dragon of Dojima
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears

When a PS4 is in rest the light bar on the top of the system should be yellow orange, they come out of rest pretty quickly.

Unplug the power cord from the wall socket and PS4. Try again. Are you plugging
It into the wall directly or into an extension? PS4's are supposed to be kept in rest mode when they aren't used, it definitely sounds like a power issue. My PS4 has been stitched up more times than Frankenstein. If you got it less than a month ago, just get a new one.

The console can be a dud, plenty of those on the Sony and Microsoft side. It does sound like a power issue, try another outlet and make sure the power cord is in the back of the console as far and secure as possible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dan0mite

Liked Posts:

This happened to me not too long ago. This is how I fixed it, although I don't remember doing step 4. If I remember right step one takes 20-30 seconds.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/691087-playstation-4/72202533