nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Good Morning CCS,

I wanted to give you a quick update on how we'll be moderating the Bears forum as we move into the season. As most of you are aware, things are generally pretty lax here, especially during the offseason. Some of this was posted in other threads, but I wanted to make sure everyone sees the rule changes, and how things are going to be handled moving forward.

As we're approaching the season, there is finally actual football to discuss again. This year we are introducing threads that will be more heavily moderated to keep the focus strictly on football. These will be tagged as [Football Talk Only]. You can add this to your thread when creating it if you'd like the thread to fall under these rules. Moderators may also occasionally tag a thread with this on a case-by-case basis. I've been testing this out in Dejo's Training Camp thread the last few weeks.

Inside these threads, personal attacks, back and forth ankle biting, trolling, baiting, and otherwise derailing the topic off football will not be allowed. If you think someone is saying something dumb, attack the argument and not the poster. Please report posts inside these threads using the report functionality so they go into our moderation queue (e.g. please don't @ me directly). I don't read everything, so what some might think is selective moderation, is almost always the result of me not seeing it. So please report. Also, there is no need to engage w/ another poster who you feel is violating the rules. That only creates more back and forth. Report it and move on.

Posters who violate these rules will get threadbanned from that [Football Talk Only] post. This means you'll still be able to read the thread but will be unable to reply for a period of time. First offense, 3 days. Second, 7 days. If people keep doing it this may escalate into a total forum ban TBD in length depending on the situation.

Other threads that are not tagged as [Football Talk Only] are business as usual. If you've got a problem w/ posters in these threads, please use the ignore feature. We want to keep what makes CCS, CCS (not a heavily moderated place) while creating a safe haven for new posters, lurkers, or other members who simply want to read/talk about football w/o all of the personal shit. I think this is a fair way to strike that balance.

Note: Political talk, anywhere in the Bears forum (football talk only or not) will receive a complete ban. The length will be determined by how often certain posters engage in this activity. It could be anywhere from a few days, to months, to permanent.

I expect this to evolve as we move along, but this seems like a pretty good place to start. I will update this post with any other rule changes, additions, subtractions, etc.

Thank you, everyone.

Rule Edit #1 -
Something I just thought of that I want to be preemptive about. If you start a "normal" thread and get people to violate "Football Only" thread rules, change the title to "Football Only", and then retroactively report people for breaking the rules...I'm banning you for at least a month for wasting my fucking time. Thanks.

Last edited:

Midway Fields

CCS Quarterback Guru
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
I like.

Da Bears should ? be playing the starters in the last preseason game, particularly the offense. 2nd year QB in new system with new coaches and players. Preserving them because your scared of injuries is for teams that have had stability and continuity at key positions. I hope Flus doesn’t treat this game like the Bears are this beautiful finished product that’s worthy of being protected under museum glass. They need real in game reps against an opposing team who they haven’t been practicing against. Score a touchdown maybe before you shut em down.

If they decide to rest them I’ll be upset for 10 seconds but think it’s a mistake.

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
I like.

Da Bears should ? be playing the starters in the last preseason game, particularly the offense. 2nd year QB in new system with new coaches and players. Preserving them because your scared of injuries is for teams that have had stability and continuity at key positions. I hope Flus doesn’t treat this game like the Bears are this beautiful finished product that’s worthy of being protected under museum glass. They need real in game reps against an opposing team who they haven’t been practicing against. Score a touchdown maybe before you shut em down.

If they decide to rest them I’ll be upset for 10 seconds but think it’s a mistake.
wrong thread dawg.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
F034%2F711%2FScreen_Shot_2020-07-24_at_11.33.38_AM.jpg
But seriously I LOVE THIS!

The dawn of a new day on CCS is here! I think we should also have a tag that keeps out known posters who don't watch football out of threads. So say i want to talk about the Kansas City Chiefs WR corp or the 9ers OL i can put [NFL fans who actually watch the games only] and Mighty *** ***** and DaBears** cant post in it? Just a thought.

I hope we're serious about the thread derailing because there is a lot of subtle thread derailing by trolls that i personally will be reporting the hell out of. Thank you so much @nvanprooyen and @Rush for continuing to improve the CCS experience for those of us who love serious football talk!

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Everyone but Any.... and some of his crew have now been put on notice. They can still do what they want (Obviously) and the people they don't like can't.

Way to keep it fair around here.
Report please.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Report please.
I have multiple times but i see nothing ever happen. I know you know that he comes with a certain group of people that like the same posters posts and dislike the same posters posts and if one starts going after a certain poster then they all do. Any.... goes after posters to bait them but then adds to his post by adding how he greatly appreciates you and Rush to make it like he's not baiting and you guys just let that shit go and i know you aren't dumb enough to not know what he's doing. He just did it going after @Visionman in Training Camp News thread.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I have multiple times but i see nothing ever happen. I know you know that he comes with a certain group of people that like the same posters posts and dislike the same posters posts and if one starts going after a certain poster then they all do. Any.... goes after posters to bait them but then adds to his post by adding how he greatly appreciates you and Rush to make it like he's not baiting and you guys just let that shit go and i know you aren't dumb enough to not know what he's doing. He just did it going after @Visionman in Training Camp News thread.
I think you're just mad you can't post that clown cartoon over and over again whenever you see a post from @Anytime23

Also, maybe instead of doing this whole whine fest in this thread, try and hash it out with @nvanprooyen in DMs. Let's keep this thread on topic about people like you getting banned for stalking and disliking posters you don't like.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Good Morning CCS,

I wanted to give you a quick update on how we'll be moderating the Bears forum as we move into the season. As most of you are aware, things are generally pretty lax here, especially during the offseason. Some of this was posted in other threads, but I wanted to make sure everyone sees the rule changes, and how things are going to be handled moving forward.

As we're approaching the season, there is finally actual football to discuss again. This year we are introducing threads that will be more heavily moderated to keep the focus strictly on football. These will be tagged as [Football Talk Only]. You can add this to your thread when creating it if you'd like the thread to fall under these rules. Moderators may also occasionally tag a thread with this on a case-by-case basis. I've been testing this out in Dejo's Training Camp thread the last few weeks.

Inside these threads, personal attacks, back and forth ankle biting, trolling, baiting, and otherwise derailing the topic off football will not be allowed. If you think someone is saying something dumb, attack the argument and not the poster. Please report posts inside these threads using the report functionality so they go into our moderation queue (e.g. please don't @ me directly). I don't read everything, so what some might think is selective moderation, is almost always the result of me not seeing it. So please report. Also, there is no need to engage w/ another poster who you feel is violating the rules. That only creates more back and forth. Report it and move on.

Posters who violate these rules will get threadbanned from that [Football Talk Only] post. This means you'll still be able to read the thread but will be unable to reply for a period of time. First offense, 3 days. Second, 7 days. If people keep doing it this may escalate into a total forum ban TBD in length depending on the situation.

Other threads that are not tagged as [Football Talk Only] are business as usual. If you've got a problem w/ posters in these threads, please use the ignore feature. We want to keep what makes CCS, CCS (not a heavily moderated place) while creating a safe haven for new posters, lurkers, or other members who simply want to read/talk about football w/o all of the personal shit. I think this is a fair way to strike that balance.

Note: Political talk, anywhere in the Bears forum (football talk only or not) will receive a complete ban. The length will be determined by how often certain posters engage in this activity. It could be anywhere from a few days, to months, to permanent.

I expect this to evolve as we move along, but this seems like a pretty good place to start. I will update this post with any other rule changes, additions, subtractions, etc.

Thank you, everyone.
Selective seeing

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
You've @ ed me a bunch of times, but from what I can recall, I haven't seen one that really crossed a line in a Football Only thread. Please report whatever you're talking about in bold above. I'm not playing favorites. In fact, I gave you a ton of rope (there were a lot of borderline reports on you) before handing out a small threadban in a single thread to you, if that's what you're upset about.

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
@nvanprooyen

I have a question pertaining to signatures. If need be, I'll be more than happy to delete the Fecal Five from my signature. I'm sure there are a few others who call out others in their sigs.
That's a good idea. Thanks.