Puzzling offseason roster imbalance. So many TE's and corners, yet only 3 true RB's?

Applefan

Liked Posts:
About 19-20 bodies between the TE and CB spots yet only 3 true rb's in Montgomery, Cohen and Nall. Dafuq? I guess Bears will take someone late or bring in some udfa's. Could they also be hoping that after the draft they can get guys like Jay Ajai, Lamar Miller, Carlos Hyde, Frank Gore for cheap?

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
About 19-20 bodies between the TE and CB spots yet only 3 true rb's in Montgomery, Cohen and Nall. Dafuq? I guess Bears will take someone late or bring in some udfa's. Could they also be hoping that after the draft they can get guys like Jay Ajai, Lamar Miller, Carlos Hyde, Frank Gore for cheap?

That won't matter come September. 6 of those TE's will be gone and several RB's will be added as well(most being cut)

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange

3 true RB's? Who are the other 2 after Monty?

I've had C.Hyde on my list for a while along with D.Freeman, L.Miller, C.Thompson.

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
3 true RB's? Who are the other 2 after Monty?

I've had C.Hyde on my list for a while along with D.Freeman, L.Miller, C.Thompson.

No. We need speed.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Unless they break camp with those numbers, it means little.

They will have six CBs and three or four TEs. Given that they play two or three CBs at all times, and often will play two TEs, and only one RB, that won't be imbalanced at all.

I could see them grabbing another RB in the late rounds, but not carrying four in the season.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
I want them to bring in AJ Killins in the 7th or as an UDFA. Super fast and tough as hell for a smaller player... Runs north and south and catches the ball with ease...

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
No. We need speed.

I agree but if we don't draft a RB then what free agent do you want that has that speed? There's still a couple i like in the draft but we'll have to get lucky hitting on one this late. J.Hasty (Baylor) J.Kelley (UCLA) J.Robinson (Illinois St) A.McFarland (Maryland) I don't know how fast each one is but i like all of them.

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I agree but if we don't draft a RB then what free agent do you want that has that speed? There's still a couple i like in the draft but we'll have to get lucky hitting on one this late. J.Hasty (Baylor) J.Kelley (UCLA) J.Robinson (Illinois St) A.McFarland (Maryland) I don't know how fast each one is but i like all of them.

Not sure but if no RB is selected then Pace will have to sign one veteran. Freeman is garbage at this point in his career.

gwharris2254

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
It's pace's MO....We should have known he was going to go for a TE and CB with his round two picks. He usually Floods a position he deems a necessity and lets it sort out in training camp

Calabis

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Probably will pick up undrafted and releases