Q&A: AJ Pierzynski

poodski

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Q&A: A.J. Pierzynski | FanGraphs Baseball

A.J. Pierzynski is, in his own words, “not what people think.” But that only applies to off the field. The ChiSox catcher readily acknowledges being Public Enemy No. 1 between the white lines, an irascible gamer who cares far less about making friends than he does about winning. The 14-year, big-league veteran doesn’t mind that perception, just so as long as fans realize that he’s not a villain in street clothes. He may share traits with Ozzie Guillen — and get along with Barry Bonds — but he also stops to smell the roses. Behind the mask, big, bad A.J. Pierzynski is just a regular guy who likes to have fun.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
in his younger days with the twins is where he pretty much was a major yapper. i think he grew out of that. he still likes to be a menace at times, but with the twins....my god he would talk so much shit. its calmed down over the years.

AE23

from 68th
Donator
Liked Posts:
i always liked AJ, even when he was a Twin, i loved to hate him back then.

ChiSportsRich

Liked Posts:
I love AJ ... but hes a total dick off the field, met him in Lincoln Park at a bar. But I love his style of play on the field

Uman85

Oh Yeah.
Donator
Liked Posts:
AJ always has and always will be one of my favorite Sox. He's a grinder and a workhorse. I love his passion. He's not the best hitter or the best player on the field, but he'll give you all he's got and I'll take that any day.