Q&A With Bears Cornerback Charles Tillman

Status
Not open for further replies.

bearsbacker

Liked Posts:
Charles Tillman came into the NFL in 2003 as a second round pick out of Louisiana-Lafayette. Tillman had a pretty solid rookie season, appearing in all 16 games, making 86 tackles, one sack and four interceptions.

Tillman was named NFL Rookie-of-the-Year and an All-Pro by Sports Illustrated while receiving NFL Defensive Rookie-of-the-Year honor from Football Digest.

In 2004, Tillman only appeared in 8 games suffering an injury in week three. 2005 and 2006 were perhaps Tillman’s best seasons, where he posted 80 plus tackles, five interceptions and forced fumbles left and right.

The last three seasons Tillman has combined for eight interceptions, 247 tackles, two interceptions for touchdowns and 14 forced fumbles. Six of those forced fumbles came last season. Tillman forced a career high three fumbles in a game against Philadelphia last season.

Tillman has been playing through injuries the last couple of seasons, but he is still an elite cornerback in the NFL.

I had the chance to catch up with Charles this week and I asked him about how he got his nickname, “Peanut”, where he likes to dine in Chicago and much more.

Here’s the interview, exclusively on Bearsbacker.com:

Jake Perper is the creator of Bears Backer and also covers the Bears for www.NFLTouchdown.com.

bossdrb

The Boss
Donator
Liked Posts:
Damn man. Good job getting an interview with Peanut.

USCChiFan

Crow's Nest
Donator
Liked Posts:
Hopefully he can stay healthy this season

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
Tillman staying healthy is key.

I say this because I dont trust any other Corner we have.

USCChiFan

Crow's Nest
Donator
Liked Posts:
Maybe Bowman. But after that.. it's laughable.
Eh, Corey Graham is likely going to be the nickelback and he's regained his speed after finally recovering from the ankle injury he suffered in college

bossdrb

The Boss
Donator
Liked Posts:
Chris Harris will pop whoever the catches the ball so hard it doesn't matter. :smug:

USCChiFan

Crow's Nest
Donator
Liked Posts:
Chris Harris will pop whoever the catches the ball so hard it doesn't matter. :smug:
Hitting someone hard can backfire, and it happens frequently w/ missed tackles which only lead to bad things.
Wrapping up and tackling>>>>>>>>>>>>Hard hits

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Not enough time to ask him about his favorite color???

Status
Not open for further replies.