QB Competition Tracker

BearClaw55

SELL THE TEAM
Donator
Liked Posts:
It’s all about the QB position!

After day 1 it was reported that Nick Foles has a slight edge. Please keep us posted on QB competition news & updates.

Last edited:

BearClaw55

SELL THE TEAM
Donator
Liked Posts:
Nick Foles with an early lead in the QB battle?

@AdamHoge has the breakdown from Day 1: bit.ly/2YqRBef

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
Nick Foles has the lead coming out of the meet and greets??? That's great!

Don't fall for this Foles gold

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
Mitch has found the winning formula. Things are starting to move in slow motion for him.

Sculpt

Liked Posts:
I think it's significant Nagy gave Trubisky first snaps on day one.

It's also significant Nagy gave Foles first snaps day two.

Tells me it's a real competition, but Mitch started at the top of the list. "F" comes before "T". Didn't mention a coin toss.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Hub said Mitch looked better today. I don't think the reporters have as good a handle on this and the coaches aren't saying. Foles does not zip the ball so that alone could fool those that don't know him (like the local reporters). He's also never thrown to this group of WRs so shouldn't look as good yet.

msadows

Liked Posts:
Hub said Mitch looked better today. I don't think the reporters have as good a handle on this and the coaches aren't saying. Foles does not zip the ball so that alone could fool those that don't know him (like the local reporters). He's also never thrown to this group of WRs so shouldn't look as good yet.

Hard to tell how a player looks in limited training camp sessions. There are minimal throws in actual 7v7/11v11 situations.

I've gone to camp every year and have frequently had different reports compared to the media. Hard to have a consensus on something when its not even scrimmages.

Novoitus

Mitch Trubisky Fan
Liked Posts:
Hearing lots of chatter that the QB comp is over after today. Trubisky won. Everything now is just to not hurt Fole's feelings.

Sculpt

Liked Posts:
From what I've seen Foles excels in touch -- he has a lot of different arcs, speeds and placements to help the WR adjust, box out and catch it. Foles also has a zip ball, I've seen it, but he doesn't zip everything. In the long run, when the WRs build a rapport with him it will pay off.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
From what I've seen Foles excels in touch -- he has a lot of different arcs, speeds and placements to help the WR adjust, box out and catch it. Foles also has a zip ball, I've seen it, but he doesn't zip everything. In the long run, when the WRs build a rapport with him it will pay off.
I agree. Arm strength is no problem at all. Awesome deep ball with protection. Biggest issue in games is a long delivery and that his feet aren't that quick so he often can't maximize that arm strength but he's became good at making it work by anticipation and throwing to spots when he can't. It's actually helped him when the timing gets short due to a rush. Throws early with less velocity and takes it in the chops. If he gets the nod, I sure hope this OL has found it's stride.

A smart OC calls the game a little differently for our 2 QBs, much like Philly tweaked their O for Foles when they needed him. The thing about Foles is that while he can stand in against pressure and take shots, release early etc., the biggest difference between his great and poor streaks appears to be that pressure. He beat the Bear in the playoffs, with 16 points, but he should of had 4 picks and got lucky by some bad coverage etc. We really missed Jackson that game and the safeties were not good. Amukamara thought Christmas came early as well.

Mitch has more of a flat push in his delivery. A long arcing arm motion like Foles is great for those short lobs. Grossman had one of the quickest releases in the league but could never throw those either. Mitch has issues with it as well. It's slowly improving though they still seem to drift. That Trub's natural ball is nose up and may not turn over, doesn't help. I've said from day one that somebody should show Mitch how to long arm those shorter touch throws. Maybe (hopefully) the work he's done this off season will keep him on top of his ball.

Last edited: