QB Competition Tracker

BearClaw55

SELL THE TEAM
Donator
Liked Posts:
Nagy chimes in on the QB competition so far.

94c4lt1

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
It's Sports Mockery so interpret the article as you will (highly editorialized), but the quote in it is interesting at least:

https://sportsmockery.com/2020Sports Mockery mitch-trubisky-took-it-to-nick-foles-in-second-padded-practice

Adam Hoge of NBC Sports.

“AN EARLY BACK-SHOULDER THROW TO COLE KMET HIT THE TIGHT END IN THE HANDS NEAR THE FRONT PYLON, BUT FELL INCOMPLETE. IT WAS A GOOD BALL THOUGH. TRUBISKY ALSO HIT ALLEN ROBINSON ON A GOOD FADE IN WHAT WAS A HEAVY RED ZONE PRACTICE. THE QUARTERBACK SEEMS TO BE DEVELOPING GOOD CHEMISTRY WITH NEW TIGHT END JIMMY GRAHAM, ALLOWING THE ATHLETIC PASS CATCHER TO HIGH-POINT THE FOOTBALL IN TIGHT SPACES.

THERE WERE NO OBVIOUS BAD MISTAKES BY TRUBISKY TUESDAY, BUT THERE’S STILL ROOM TO IMPROVE WHEN IT COMES TO ACCURACY.”

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Nagy chimes in on the QB competition so far.

Nagy's assessment doesn't sound good. Mitch should've mastered the PB and be working on being a better leader.

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
Nagy can add Cole McDonald to the practice squad mix, Titans just cut him.

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think it's significant Nagy gave Trubisky first snaps on day one.

It's also significant Nagy gave Foles first snaps day two.

Tells me it's a real competition, but Mitch started at the top of the list. "F" comes before "T". Didn't mention a coin toss.

lol

or one is an incumbent and the other is new?

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Liked Posts:
It's Sports Mockery so interpret the article as you will (highly editorialized), but the quote in it is interesting at least:

https://sportsmockery.com/2020Sports Mockery mitch-trubisky-took-it-to-nick-foles-in-second-padded-practice

Adam Hoge of NBC Sports.

It's kinda crazy to think this QB battle will be over in 3 weeks and 4 days...just depending on how long they wait to make the decision. If game one is on the 13th for the Bears, you gotta believe the announcement will be made by Wednesday the 9th - that's in 3 weeks.

Does anyone know the official camp end date?

Sculpt

Liked Posts:
lol

or one is an incumbent and the other is new?
= ) I kinda meant what Nagy is doing in light of the obvious incumbent tradition in football. There's also a tradition to give first snaps to high draft picks, and new high-priced free agents, over incumbents in some situations.

The main point for me was I didn't know who Nagy was going to give first snaps to, and if he'd switch the next day. He could do whatever he wants in those situations and say they don't mean anything, but I think they mean a lot, especially because, with no preseason games, it will be based on drills, and a fair more subjective.

Nagy's actions suggest Trubisky will start unless Foles looks step better.

Bearcub13

Liked Posts:
So trying to judge QBs from practices where you can't watch, don't know the metrics that are being used to measure, and don'tknow the criteria being used by the coaches to make a final decision, seems like a great use of time. Sorry, couldn't find a sarcasm emoji...

Hbkrusso

Objective Fanboy
Donator
Liked Posts:
The fact that Mitch is in a legit QB completion with a 31 yr old career back-up makes me wanna puke.

Fucking bust!
Its not a competition this is just smoke and mirrors so all the trubs haters are distracted

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Liked Posts:
Its not a competition this is just smoke and mirrors so all the trubs haters are distracted

Trubisky supporters on the morning they find out Foles won the job.

2mnz0f.jpg

JesusHalasChrist

N.eg it from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.
Donator
Liked Posts:
On their podcast Hoge and Jahns provided an update for the ***GOLD STANDARD*** of quarterback analysis: The Almost Interception.

BDN: 2 ≈INT
Mitch: 1 ≈INT

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Much improved QB room nowadays. If the 'starter' gets hurt, someone 'bonafide' actually is available to take the snaps and lead
BD Nick is certainly Bone-afide.

Last edited:

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
That said, I don't think Foles is a final destination and Mitch still has a chance to be but the games Mitch plays this year need to be solid In a challenge a D sort of way. I don't want a long term costly deal due to some sort of streak or just being the best option.