QB Cutler: 'Totally different attitude offensively'

Status
Not open for further replies.

USCChiFan

Crow's Nest
Donator
Liked Posts:
With Mike Martz, we should expect a high flying offense. Hopefully it can click quickly and Cutler doesn't get destroyed.

bossdrb

The Boss
Donator
Liked Posts:
More scoring, mistakes, etc. But better. I ultimately like the smashmouth better, but this will be fun.

USCChiFan

Crow's Nest
Donator
Liked Posts:
More scoring, mistakes, etc. But better. I ultimately like the smashmouth better, but this will be fun.
The NFL is becoming a passing league. While you need a good running game to win, you now need a fine passing game to win as well.

drunkntailgater

Liked Posts:
Personally I thought he just played out the calls that Ron Turner fed him all season and let Turner shoot his self in the foot. I like the idea of how when you see pictures of Cutler at Halas Hall, Martz tends to be right there with him. They seem to have a great working relationship so far.....let's just hope it carries over onto the field!

bossdrb

The Boss
Donator
Liked Posts:
The NFL is becoming a passing league. While you need a good running game to win, you now need a fine passing game to win as well.

Indeed. Passing 70 percent, running 30 in today's league.

USCChiFan

Crow's Nest
Donator
Liked Posts:
Indeed. Passing 70 percent, running 30 in today's league.
I think it's more of a 60/40 split. You can't rely too much on your passing game and ignore the running game, just look at the Colts and the Steelers last season

bossdrb

The Boss
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think it's more of a 60/40 split. You can't rely too much on your passing game and ignore the running game, just look at the Colts and the Steelers last season

Colts were all passing man. The Steelers are brand new to it, the Saints mixed it up and had threats but would still be a great team if Brees lined up in the gun all game and slung it.

USCChiFan

Crow's Nest
Donator
Liked Posts:
Colts were all passing man. The Steelers are brand new to it, the Saints mixed it up and had threats but would still be a great team if Brees lined up in the gun all game and slung it.
You mean the season when he almost broke Dan Marino's record for passing yards in a season? Look what happened, they went 8-8. You need to be able to pass and run the ball effectively to contend in the NFL.

bossdrb

The Boss
Donator
Liked Posts:
You mean the season when he almost broke Dan Marino's record for passing yards in a season? Look what happened, they went 8-8. You need to be able to pass and run the ball effectively to contend in the NFL.

You need to do both but if you have excellence in your passing game, it won't be stopped. There are ways. Like I said, I'm old school...I like hard-nosed coaching with running the ball and deep passes, hard hitting D...but oh well.

USCChiFan

Crow's Nest
Donator
Liked Posts:
You need to do both but if you have excellence in your passing game, it won't be stopped. There are ways. Like I said, I'm old school...I like hard-nosed coaching with running the ball and deep passes, hard hitting D...but oh well.
The NFL is a cycle. Right now it's a passing league, and later it will go back to being a smashmouth, running team.

FQD1911

War-Time Consigliere
Liked Posts:
The NFL is a cycle. Right now it's a passing league, and later it will go back to being a smashmouth, running team.

agreed. but ppl forget to think that a 4-5 yd. dump pass to Forte or Taylor will constitute as a run play (it won't go into the stat sheets as one, but it will do the same thing). I think Martz has learned from his stint in SF that you have to adapt to your personnel (there's NO way Frank Gore should've been as sorry as he was when Martz was there). he learned from that, and now he's going to tear a defense a new one. rest assured, the teams that look at the Bears as cupcakes will lose 35-14 almost every time.

:bearbang:

USCChiFan

Crow's Nest
Donator
Liked Posts:
I hope he's learned, but I'm not holding my breath. He took a prolific receiving TE in Vernon Davis and made him a non-factor. Not only that, but Mike Singletary wanted to run the ball more and since Mike Martz couldn't do that as the OC, so he was fired.

bossdrb

The Boss
Donator
Liked Posts:
Coach Singletary has my mentality when it comes to style.

Status
Not open for further replies.