QB mock trends 2/25..

mattb78

My threads are FTO !
Liked Posts:
Always like to get an eye on the mocks to see how players are moving after more tape is absorbed around the league:

-No need to talk about Lawrence. He's going to the Jags.

-There may have been some information leaked about the Jets liking Zach Wilson over Justin Fields, because alot of mocks are showing the Jets taking Zach Wilson at #2 and this trend has increased the last few weeks. A few CBS mocks have Fields falling in the 4-8 range, and he now looks to be 3rd QB taken overall opposed to the 2nd.

-Zach Wilson is set as a premier QB prospect. He looks solid to the Jets at #2, and at the outside chance they pass on him nearly all mocks have him as a top 5 selection.

-Trey Lance has been mocked between #4 and#12. I only saw one mock with Lance being selected in front of Fields. With the Panthers needing a QB he may not last beyond the 8th selection. If he doesn't go at 8 you could see a little bit of a freefall, but it does not appear the Panthers will pass on him if Wilson and Fields are off the board when they select.

-Mac Jones, 13-28. Some rumors of him lasting to the 2nd. I think the mocks are either late to come around on this pick, or more likely that the misinformation is swirling. I definitely think he will be gone by 20 and very likely in the teens.

-There is no talk of Kyle Trask in the first.

ZenBear34

Liked Posts:
Honestly though if the Bears can't get one of the top 5 I'd roll the dice on Jamie Newman.

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
I think QBs definitely go 1, 2, 3. If the Jets don't take a QB (or trade for Watson), someone will trade up to 2 for a QB. I honestly don't see any way they stick with Darnold and take any other position #2.

At 3, the Dolphins are in a similar position. While, they are more likely to stick with Tua than the Jets are with Darnold, they definitely won't be picking #3. If the Jets pick Wilson at 2, I think Carolina will trade up 5 picks to 3 (if they don't get Watson) for Fields. Then there's still Denver, New England, SF and the Bears who potentially could try to get the 3rd pick.

Lance is the wildcard. I don't really see Atlanta taking him at 4, or anyone trading up before like 10 for him because of the perception that he's not ready to play in Year 1. So, I think he could fall to the teens or lower, but I could also see him going 7th to Detroit.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
I don't think Lance is going as high as people think.

Biscuit

Liked Posts:
It’s public knowledge that the Bears were scouting Trask in the Arkansas game. His stat line

23/29 356 yds 6 TD 0 INT

I’m thinking they’d consider him with #20 pick

Trask vs Arkansas (approx 2 mins)

[tube]

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
to me, Trask has a weird, slowish delivery......don't know if he'll be successful or not. Just an observation.

RubberBanMan

I’m just a fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
I liked trask back in nov/dec and had him over jones. But that has definitely changed. He throws some accurate passes but too many dumb picks and questionable throws. Bowl game really soured me on him. I wouldn’t be devastated if they got him in the 2nd though i guess.

Lance is the only one i could see falling to 20 out of the other qbs but i wouldnt count on it if i were the bears. Really feel like they have to trade up for one otherwise it’s trask or other lower prospect in later rounds

hyatt151

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
If the Bears select Trask at 20 , it's a wasted pick, better off going OL or WR

NCChiFan

Bald, fat, toothless
Donator
Liked Posts:
to me, Trask has a weird, slowish delivery......don't know if he'll be successful or not. Just an observation.
Yup, shouldn't be a problem with the Bears O line. :obama:

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
It’s public knowledge that the Bears were scouting Trask in the Arkansas game. His stat line

23/29 356 yds 6 TD 0 INT

[tube]

Now show his 3picks in the bowl game. ;)

mattb78

My threads are FTO !
Liked Posts:
I think QBs definitely go 1, 2, 3.

Miami has said they are set with Tua, and taking a great OL prospect in Sewell would be a pretty good idea. I see 3 QBs in the top 5, but not 1-2-3.

mattb78

My threads are FTO !
Liked Posts:
1000% This. Trask in the first and potentially even in the 2nd is a wasted pick based on value

I don't see the Bears getting that aggressive on Trask. If anything, it would be a trade to grab him in the early 2nd, thinking he may not be around in the late 2nd.

I have always liked this route for the Bears if Jones has already been selected. Upgrade the OT position with your first rounder and select Trask in the 2nd.

Biscuit

Liked Posts:
I estimate a 57% chance that he’s drafted on Thursday, and won’t make it to the second round

we shall see

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini

23/29 356 yds 6 TD 0 INT

[tube]
you mean the one where his top 4 receivers didn’t play?

wow tuff crowd haha

Well his not gonna have any wr's here. Maybe Mooney. And he's doesn't have the ability to extend plays so wr's can get separation ?