QB School: Fields vs Bengals

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
The whole "learn from watching" narrative literally makes me want to puke.

Anyone that's ever learned a trade or skill knows the best way you learn something is by ACTUALLY DOING IT and putting in the reps. I honestly can't think of one profession, trade, or skill where this logic actually applies.

Take two developers, one that's spent a year just watching his co-workers code and another that spent the year actually coding himself and I guarantee you the guy that spent the year putting in the reps writing code, making mistakes, and figuring out how to debug and fix his mistakes is the better developer going into year two.

Not just better, but better in order of magnitudes. It's like the guys who watch a bunch of tutorials where they follow along w/ the exact process and never try to extend what they learned or try to write their own shit. And then they wonder why they aren't any good.

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Yeah, same. I'd obviously much rather have a healthy Dalton backing up Fields than Foles but considering how stubborn Nagy is I'll take it. Dickhead likely would have made us wait until the team out of playoff contention before he made the switch to Fields...

That said, I wish Pace/Teddy/Virginia/anyone in Halas Hall would force Nagy to give up the offense and focus on being just a HC. I'm not sure how much more obvious it could be that the biggest issue holding this team back is Nagy's limp dick offense. And perhaps if his head wasn't buried in his play-sheet all game he'd wouldn't be such a liability on the sideline and wouldn't need to re-watch the game tape to see wtf is going on when his team gives up big plays or stupid penalties.

I'd wager Lazor or literally anyone else could get 27ppg from this same group of players simply by virtue of the change in play calling alone. Guarantee you he'd at least have the common sense to make David Montgomery the focal point of the offense and build a play action game off giving him 25+ touches a game.
Why Monty isn’t the focal point of our o is inexcusable. While Nagy is running him more, slightly it makes zero sense how he is doing it. Teams know when Nagy will run because almost all his passes are out of shotgun

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
The whole "learn from watching" narrative literally makes me want to puke.

Anyone that's ever learned a trade or skill knows the best way you learn something is by ACTUALLY DOING IT and putting in the reps. I honestly can't think of one profession, trade, or skill where this logic actually applies.

Take two developers, one that's spent a year just watching his co-workers code and another that spent the year actually coding himself and I guarantee you the guy that spent the year putting in the reps writing code, making mistakes, and figuring out how to debug and fix his mistakes is the better developer going into year two.

Seriously. I mean, you can write rhymes and make them clever af and even get some beats that are a whole ass vibe but until you actually get in the cypher for a battle you really ain't shit or ever gonna be shit.

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
Same reason other fans didn’t. Opinion. Take off the blinders.
Their opinions had to be backed up by something. So I’m simply asking, what has Fields learned on the sideline? Clearly you can’t answer it, maybe others can.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Their opinions had to be backed up by something. So I’m simply asking, what has Fields learned on the sideline? Clearly you can’t answer it, maybe others can.
Jesus, your being obstinate. The point was you have nothing to back up your opinion either. Neither fucking matters. You're asking for proof from others whose opinion is different than yours when you can't offer any yourself because there isn't any either way. If you don't grasp that, I can't help you any further. This, after he sat for only one game. WTF? Perhaps his performance meant he should of sat longer. Nobody fucking knows.

Last edited:

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
Jesus, your being obstinate. The point was you have nothing to back up your opinion either. Neither fucking matters. Your asking for proof from others whose opinion is different than yours when you can't offer any yourself because there isn't any either way. If you don't grasp that, I can't help you any further. This, after he sat for only one game. WTF? Perhaps his performance meant he should of sat longer. Nobody fucking knows.
I’ve stated my reasons in other threads and I know you were part of those discussions. I’m not asking for proof. I’m just asking what those people think Fields has learned on the sideline during the 1.5 games. That’s me asking for opinions. Where did I ask for proof? We all knew Fields was gonna start sooner than later and that time has more than likely come. So now I wanted to circle back and again ask those who shared different opinions. I’m honestly curious on what they think Fields has learned on the sidelines. It’s not my fault your on your period.

Myrradah

Liked Posts:
why would you want nagy to permeate his ineptitude on Fields before nagy gets fired?

bears51/40

Liked Posts:
Yeah, same. I'd obviously much rather have a healthy Dalton backing up Fields than Foles but considering how stubborn Nagy is I'll take it. Dickhead likely would have made us wait until the team out of playoff contention before he made the switch to Fields...

That said, I wish Pace/Teddy/Virginia/anyone in Halas Hall would force Nagy to give up the offense and focus on being just a HC. I'm not sure how much more obvious it could be that the biggest issue holding this team back is Nagy's limp dick offense. And perhaps if his head wasn't buried in his play-sheet all game he'd wouldn't be such a liability on the sideline and wouldn't need to re-watch the game tape to see wtf is going on when his team gives up big plays or stupid penalties.

I'd wager Lazor or literally anyone else could get 27ppg from this same group of players simply by virtue of the change in play calling alone. Guarantee you he'd at least have the common sense to make David Montgomery the focal point of the offense and build a play action game off giving him 25+ touches a game.
Yes, yes, and yes!

mattb78

My threads are FTO !
Liked Posts:
Fantastic content from a guy who really knows his stuff. Amazing what a journeyman QB knows about football. This guy has seen so many concepts.

Fair to say Fields needs some work.

Also quite an indictment on Nagy's coaching. Keep getting caught in man schemes against zone. But we all knew that Nagy sucks.

Thanks to the OP for turning me on to the channel its one of the better breakdowns I have watched.

hyatt151

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I hate to see anyone get injured, but I'd be lying if I said that I'm not happy that Dalton's situation is likely going to force Nagy to do the right thing.
word is Dalton's starting

Last edited:

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My main takeaway... The OL played really well.

Lots for Fields to clean up.

Jimmy Graham power walks all routes.

Robinson doesn't seem to finish his clear out routes or ones where he is not the read.

Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
My main takeaway... The OL played really well.

Lots for Fields to clean up.

Jimmy Graham power walks all routes.

Robinson doesn't seem to finish his clear out routes or ones where he is not the read.
There was more energy last year, but Graham and Robinson almost look like they got a little quit to em this year so far... ?

Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Why Monty isn’t the focal point of our o is inexcusable. While Nagy is running him more, slightly it makes zero sense how he is doing it. Teams know when Nagy will run because almost all his passes are out of shotgun

A power run, play action offense would be a good fit....

mattb78

My threads are FTO !
Liked Posts:
Beating a dead horse with you.

Looks like Nagy is addicted to running those drag crossing routes. I think that is why he values speed at the TE position and every year we interchange new gadget speed WRs.

Bust

Liked Posts:

Rex Ryan would bring old school back to the Bears. He the son of Buddy too? OMFG! Make it happen!!!