QB School. Finally, an offense built for Justin Fields

jive

Liked Posts:
Although Justin Fields may be a dud in fantasy football, he's developing into a stud in the real game.

I don't care if Justin Fields never makes a fantasy roster, or puts up fantasy points for some nerd that doesn't even watch the games. I don't give a shit whether or not he puts up stats, as long as we win games. You don't get fantasy points for 3rd down conversions, beating a pass rush, surviving a big hit, making a great throw or even winning a game. On the flip side, you don't win a game just by throwing for 400+ yards and 3 TDs. If anything, throwing for 400 yards means that you've been playing from behind most of the game.

Seriously, fantasy related stats don't always translate to effective, real-life football.

SpinachTeeth

Liked Posts:
Although Justin Fields may be a dud in fantasy football, he's developing into a stud in the real game.

I don't care if Justin Fields never makes a fantasy roster, or puts up fantasy points for some nerd that doesn't even watch the games. I don't give a shit whether or not he puts up stats, as long as we win games. You don't get fantasy points for 3rd down conversions, beating a pass rush, surviving a big hit, making a great throw or even winning a game. On the flip side, you don't win a game just by throwing for 400+ yards and 3 TDs. If anything, throwing for 400 yards means that you've been playing from behind most of the game.

Seriously, fantasy related stats don't always translate to effective, real-life football.

What are you talking about. He gave me advantages at QB the last 3 weeks bc he puts up massive rushing yards and rushing TD for a QB (he beat out my opponent’s Herbert, Murray). He’s fine as a fantasy QB too ?

jive

Liked Posts:
What are you talking about. He gave me advantages at QB the last 3 weeks bc he puts up massive rushing yards and rushing TD for a QB (he beat out my opponent’s Herbert, Murray). He’s fine as a fantasy QB too ?
I gotta admit that I picked him up off the wire this week.

Sparks500

Liked Posts:
"Mark it down. Write it down. Put it in your memory bank, okay. At some point, when they get some weapons that match his talent, or come close to his talent around him, this offense is going to be damn near unstoppable."

im getting wood….

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Absolutely.

I think we also need to remember that Justin has only played 17 games, which amounts to just 1 season so far (despite it being his "2nd" year). So when we take a look at 1 season worth of games played:
  • 58% Completion
  • 2900 yards - 12 TD's - 16 INTs
  • 784 Yards Rushing - 4 TD's
At a distance, that is not all that terrible, all things considered (bad o-line, weak WR core, Matt Nagy, 2 different systems, etc). Let's see how the next 17 games go and see what kind of improvement has been made to then determine is he the guy or not. While factually correct that this is his 2nd season, it's kind of a false narrative in terms of games started/played.

Total yards 3684
Td's 16-16 picks