QB School. Finally, an offense built for Justin Fields

BradyJay

Liked Posts:
I'd say thru 17 games he's way more consistent in failing to read the defense and/or consistently find 2nd/3rd/check down options

His game yest was better but he still threw a pick and fumbled 4 times......and his "best game yet" produced 179 passing yards (on only 21 throws is good)

He needs to start stacking games, better decisions, better ball security etc........by start 20-25 these are usually who they will be moving fwd.

Yeah too much celebrating a 179 yard, 1 int, 4 fumble game. Was he better? Of course!! But I was thinking this type of performance should be a floor type game for him moving forward but I think even that needs to be better. A step in the right direction, regardless.

cameronkrazie86

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Atlanta Braves
  1. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Vegas Golden Knights
  1. Duke Blue Devils
  2. Nebraska Cornhuskers
Yeah too much celebrating a 179 yard, 1 int, 4 fumble game. Was he better? Of course!! But I was thinking this type of performance should be a floor type game for him moving forward but I think even that needs to be better. A step in the right direction, regardless.
He also had 82 yards rushing to go with the 179 so 261 yards of offense by him. So he's had 3 straight games over 250 total yards and 4 straight games above 226 yards. He's got 4 touchdowns and 2 interceptions over that same time frame.

Is it great? No, but he's building consistency. If the 250+ yards becomes his floor the rest of the season, the Bears should be in good shape heading forward as they move into free agency and the draft while acquiring players that fit his skill set.

msadows

Liked Posts:

Floor?

The stats aren't what make this game impressive, watch the actual all 22 video.

JF is a freak talent who can improvise at any given moment. He broke the patriots backs so many times on big 3rd downs, this is two weeks in a row this offense has done that, just last week it didnt convert to points.

They were converting 10/15 3rd downs at one point, I believe. The majority of those being solely giant plays from fields. Thats the stat that mattered. You will win a lot of games with that kind of efficiency on 3rd down, and more importantly keep your defense fresh.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini

JF
261 total yards ....2Tds -1 pick.

cameronkrazie86

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Atlanta Braves
  1. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Vegas Golden Knights
  1. Duke Blue Devils
  2. Nebraska Cornhuskers
JF
261 total yards ....2Tds -1 pick.
That interception was so unlucky too. Borom gave Judon (I think it was him) too much space so he got a full body jump and extension on that one. Normally if they're engaged, they don't get up that high but that man could jump so high it hit him in the helmet. It was not a perfect throw by any means but it was also an outstanding individual play by the Patriots player which will happen sometimes in the NFL.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
He's going to get hit a ton anyways. Might as well make it on his terms and now they have a whole new element to the offense. ?

Might as well make it on his terms

Agreed.......so how about using more boots, sprint outs, moving the pocket. This would allow, JF to extend the play, find a wr or take off, pick up a 1st down, then slide. Or take it to the house.

But if they do continue with the designed runs, I hope JF continues to get down and not try to "power". Overall, I just wanna see JF stay healthy.

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Watching this now. JT's breakdowns are awesome.

Not that anyone gives a shit, but what I'm seeing on the field is getting better because of guys like JT. Hell yeah.

"Mark it down. Write it down. Put it in your memory bank, okay. At some point, when they get some weapons that match his talent, or come close to his talent around him, this offense is going to be damn near unstoppable." ???

Last edited:

hebs

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Watching this now. JT's breakdowns are awesome.

Not that anyone gives a shit, but what I'm seeing on the field is getting better because of guys like JT. Hell yeah.

"Mark it down. Write it down. Put it in your memory bank, okay. At some point, when they get some weapons that match his talent, or come close to his talent around him, this offense is going to be damn near unstoppable." ???

Jenkins was noticeable throughout the game too. Head on a swivel, punished Judon for that jump tip/interception and is down field looking to block someone deep in the second level all the time. It's like he has twice the energy of any other lineman.

DB012031

Liked Posts:
Agreed. Consistency is what makes the good QBs good.
Absolutely.

I think we also need to remember that Justin has only played 17 games, which amounts to just 1 season so far (despite it being his "2nd" year). So when we take a look at 1 season worth of games played:
  • 58% Completion
  • 2900 yards - 12 TD's - 16 INTs
  • 784 Yards Rushing - 4 TD's
At a distance, that is not all that terrible, all things considered (bad o-line, weak WR core, Matt Nagy, 2 different systems, etc). Let's see how the next 17 games go and see what kind of improvement has been made to then determine is he the guy or not. While factually correct that this is his 2nd season, it's kind of a false narrative in terms of games started/played.

94c4lt1

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I hope he keeps that fire going into Dallas. Dallas might have more talent on defense but there isnt a better coached defense than NE. There wont be a better prepared coach than Bill to make Fields have the worst night of his life.

Bears have a chance to have a similar offensive output in Dallas and the defense will be challenged to keep a lid on them. Let's start building success upon success.
BB at home is one of the best against fledgling QBs (making this performance even more impressive imo):

“Since 2003, rookie and second-year quarterbacks have a record of 3-42 at Gillette Stadium…”
-the athletic

gallagher

Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
Bullshit. Quinn is coaching the Dallas D as good as anyone.
Quinn is doing a great job. Bill is an all time great. It's a pretty big difference and that is no slight to Quinn.