46FEVER

Liked Posts:
Who starts week 1?

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Dalton. I wouldn't bet money on it though.

Shepard

Renegade
Donator
Liked Posts:
Whoever it is...we’ll be 1-0.

Alpha Male

Liked Posts:
it's going to be dalton. If i remember correctly, glennon absolutely sucked in 2017 preseason and mitch looked good but they started with glennon anyway.

Last edited:
Reactions: Myk

IBleedBearsBlood

Liked Posts:
it's going to be dalton. If i remember correctly, glennon absolutely sucked in 2017 preason and mitch looked good but they started with glennon anyway.
But but but, they did everything different this year. So they will have to start the one that looks good in preseason because it’s different…….

46FEVER

Liked Posts:
Imo Fields blows up in camp and preseason. I think we are going to see a complete change in protocol so to speak. Fields starts 1st preseason game. Better question who gets traded first? Ill say Dalton for a 5th

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
Do we really need to see Dalton?

Fields starts. End of story.

For the same reason we needed to see Glennon. Have to try to justify paying the money plus you need to see what you have for the money.

jsu34

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
This is still the bears. Dalton will start week 1.

Bears4Ever_34

Liked Posts:
The safe bet is Dalton starts the season with Fields coming in at some point later on. Their idea of replicating the Mahomes plan will quickly be met with a dose of reality once they realize Andy Dalton isn't Alex Smith, and they are losing games because of it. Nagy may have extra job security after making a move like this, but I don't know if he has enough to withstand a 4,5,6 win season. If Fields looks good enough in practice, that leash for Andy Dalton is going to be pretty short.

mecha

Liked Posts:
For the same reason we needed to see Glennon. Have to try to justify paying the money plus you need to see what you have for the money.
Glennon got a longer bigger money deal too than Dalton I think, and he demonstrated only a fraction of what Dalton has. I wouldn't dislike the Dalton signing so much if they didn't already have Foles. I still hold out hope the team deals one of them to another team, but we'll see.

I fucking hated the Glennon signing from the very beginning, and there were a lot of people here that rallied behind him that won't admit doing so today.

Reactions: Myk

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Fields, this isn’t a rebuild.

UnnaturalHiddenFrillneckedlizard-size_restricted.gif

bufordht

Liked Posts:
Best case scenario, Fields is impressive and some team has their starter go down for the season in training camp. Then they give a 3rd for Dalton.

I mean, it COULD happen.

RubberBanMan

I’m just a fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
If Dalton is starting does Nagy insert Fields randomly on certain plays/situations in games? I saw that mentioned somewhere recently and idk how i would feel about that

Toast88

Liked Posts:
Who knows? No one on here knows Nagy and Pace's mindset on this.

They could go in with the mindset that they want Fields to wait a year and learn how to be an NFL QB before even going into a game, a la Alex Smith/Pat Mahomes. Obvously huge differences in circumstances there, but I could see them slow-playing it to make sure they get this right.

Then again, maybe they want the quarterbacks themselves to dictate what happens. Does Fields look far and away like the best quarterback in camp and pre-season? Maybe they're cool with letting the quarterbacks' performances themselves dictate it. Yes, they said Dalton is QB1. But I could see them having the mindset that who's QB1 is flexible and subject to change depending on performance.

The third possibility is that they'll do the Foles/Trubisky 2020 plan: Maybe they want to at least start out with Dalton and see how it goes, with the understanding that they can always switch to Fields if Dalton is struggling, Bears are losing, and Fields looks like he could handle it. Two games or 10 games, maybe they'd be open to an early-to-mid season QB switch if the circumstances dictate it.

But none of us truly know which of the above mindsets Nagy and Pace subscribe to. I tend to think there's not much urgency, because I do not believe Pace or Nagy are on the hot seat. But I admit that's a guess.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
I am hoping that Fields absolutely dominates training camp and pre-season to the point where he gets the start ala Russell Wilson in Seattle.

Chances are that Dalton starts though and we see Fields mid-late in year.
Brought that up on draft day. I just want a honest qb competition and whoever wins based on production not salary or draft status should start. If he’s ready he should take over team day one

dbldrew

Liked Posts:
again let the OL work out the kinks and gel with Dalton/Foles first. If half way through the season he seems ready and the OL is playing well then go for it..