Quarter of the season breakdown thread

Briggs is GOAT

Liked Posts:
Team: Well to start with the team's record, they're 1-3 through the first 4 which is right around what most people thought. The defense is serviceable, when the O doesn't have a multi-turnover game they hold teams to pretty low scoring numbers, all 4 of the games played would have certainly been winnable if the O didn't turn the ball over more than once. The O has been dreadful solely due to Mike Glennon.

Mike Glennon: He has been dreadful. 66.4 % Completion rate, 833 yards, and just 4 TDs to go along with 8 turnovers. He's on pace to commit 32 turnovers, he's been absolutely terrible. 15 Million for 4 shitty games.

Jordan Howard: 63 carries, 252 yards, 4.0 YPC, 4 TDs, 10 Receptions, 50 yards, 0 TDs. Howard had a rough game in Tampa but now that he's starting to get his carries he's showing the exact same stuff he had from last year. He's a really good RB and I'm guessing that his rushing yards, and YPC will all increase once we're not starting every game behind 10-0. He's on pace for 1008 yards and 16 TDs, but I think he'll end up with around 1,200 yards and 12 TDs.

Tarik Cohen: 30 carries, 181 yards, 6.0 YPC, 0 TDs, 24 Receptions, 150 yards, 1 TD. People are comparing him to Darren Sproles and it's a good comparison but the thing is that right now Cohen's numbers are on pace to be better than any of the numbers that Darren Sproles put up. Cohen is on pace for 724 yards rushing and 600 yards receiving, that's 1324 yards from scrimmage. If Cohen holds this level of production throughout the season then he could be added to the list of mid round steals for Ryan Pace, right now he's looking like a home run pick.

Adam Shaheen: 1 reception, 1 target, 2 yards, 1 TD. It would be really nice if they let the guy go out there as a pass catcher more often. Blocking wise he's been decent, so he does have value there, but I'd love to see the guy get more of an opportunity in the passing game. Maybe he will once Trubisky gets the start, who knows.

Mitch Trubisky: Haven't seen the guy yet but he's going to get his opportunity now. I don't know how good he's going to be right now but I'm guessing he'll be better than Glennon and he'll certainly be more exciting than Glennon. If he he's somewhat poor in his performance this year I won't be upset, this year is the time for him to learn, next year and beyond is the time for him to look good and whoop ass. I think he'll allow for us to establish the running game a lot more and he won't get chased down by the 328 pound DT like Glennon.

Record prediction: 6-10. So 5-7 over the remainder of the season. We'll be excited going into next year.