Quentin Johnson gives me Kevin White vibes..

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
It was more prevalent in his game last year than this. He’s had an ankle injury for a good portion of the year. It’s been noticeable in his acceleration and ability to leap over defenders.

He’s been body catching more this year too.

I’m torn. I loved him last year and he’s definitely a guy that can break a game wide open, but I don’t love the idea of him inside the top ten.

That’s exactly what I’ve been seeing.

msadows

Liked Posts:
He's not a top 10 WR pick. Might be due to this WR draft class.

Bears should not consider him, imo. Their biggest needs are 2 spots on the oline. Feel like if you give fields an exceptional oline he could turn scrubs like EQ into functional.

Edit: Think This guy goes to the jags.

Phibbulous

Thread Killer
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Toronto Blue Jays
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Toronto Maple Leafs
  1. Michigan Wolverines
He's not a top 10 WR pick. Might be due to this WR draft class.

Bears should not consider him, imo. Their biggest needs are 2 spots on the oline. Feel like if you give fields an exceptional oline he could turn scrubs like EQ into functional.

Edit: Think This guy goes to the jags.

I think their biggest needs are going to be edge rushers and DL. They need to get after the QB. OL is third on the list in my opinion.

I Just Want To Read

Liked Posts:
I don't see great acceleration out of his breaks and he doesn't look great running after the catch. Must be a weak WR class for this guy to be the 1st wr off the board.
He is supposedly elite after the catch though.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Just watched tape on this guy and I see a lack of acceleration. Eventual top speed is good but I just don't see that athletic burst that I would want to see in a top 10 pick. His stats are good, but not great, and really only started producing this season.

Other than the tape I watched, I have only seen one live game (TCU v. Kansas State). Hopefully some TCU fans can chip in on how they evaluate him and if what they think.

If the Bears trade down in that 6-10 range that is where he is projected.
Ditto

hebs

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
It would figure.... This is the down year for WRs in the draft... now that the Bears desperately need some.

Zvbxrpl

Liked Posts:
In fairness, before his injury, Kevin White was pretty fast. His WV vs Alabama game he was near uncoverable.

I watched Johnston vs Kansas State for the big 12 championship and holy fuck is he slow. Don’t know why some here are infatuated with him.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
In fairness, before his injury, Kevin White was pretty fast. His WV vs Alabama game he was near uncoverable.

I watched Johnston vs Kansas State for the big 12 championship and holy fuck is he slow. Don’t know why some here are infatuated with him.
He’s been playing on a bad ankle most of the year. Just scroll up and watch some 2021 highlights. He’s 6’4” and runs 4.4. His vertical is over 40”. He’s not slow.

mattb78

My threads are FTO !
Liked Posts:
I just don't like low separation type WRs, as early picks that is. Players like Allen Robinson can have an impact but the margin of error is so slim for them they can drop into mediocrity very easily.

I haven't watched a ton on Johnston it is just that prototype of receiver I don't like to draft early. Has to be the complete package capable of dominating if I pick him top 10.

Bears4Ever_34

Liked Posts:
I still like his talent, but I've soured on him somewhat lately because of his tendency to be too much of a body-catcher.

On one hand, he can remind you of Kevin White, but on the other, I do see a little Julio Jones in him too with his physicality after the catch. He's a big target and is someone who has been very difficult for defenders to tackle.

I think he has the most upside out of any WR in the draft, but body catchers always scare me. That's a hard skill to relearn at the professional level. If he had Alshon Jeffery's hands, he'd be a surefire top 5 or 6 pick. I'd only feel comfortable drafting him around 10 and beyond. The guy I really like now is the Hyatt kid from Tennessee. I could see him moving up into the 1st round after the combine. He can fly.

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:
He's not slow. I think his size throws some people off when they watch him. That being said, his speed isn't his greatest asset. Its his ability to go and get balls.
Definitely not slow. Probably a high 4.4 guy.

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Don’t waste a first round pick on Johnston when you can wait till the 2nd round and get guys just as good or better like Cedric tillman