Question about Chicago

KoreanBear

Liked Posts:
You know what. If you just hang out on Randolph Street just west of the highway there are shit tons of good restaurants and bars all in like a 10 block radius.

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
A day and a half isn't enough time man.

It is in February.

I love this town, but more often than not, Chicago in February is the worst place in the entire history of everything.

I hope you get lucky OP, but it's usually not a fun time to take in the sights. Millennium Park does have an ice skating rink nestled into the city skyline if you want to make the wife all squishy. Otherwise, note the recommendations close to your hotel because two blocks may be all you can take.

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
If money is not an issue, go eat at Alinea. It is about 700 dollars for 2 people. Don't remember what year, but it was voted one year as the best restaurant in the entire United States.

Chris Sojka

Liked Posts:
I don’t want to say money’s not an issue, because I’m not loaded by any means, but we are gonna be there for a day and a half and I want to squeeze in what I can. We are mid 30s, and pretty much open to eating any food. My wife loves Japanese so we will make sure we hit that place up for sure.

Sunda has beautiful setting and is a hotspot in the city for people 30-40.

If she loves sushi its a must.

And someone suggested lou malnattis.

Grab a large deep dish for the trip home. A little crushed pepper... a little cheese. Heavenly

Last edited:

Chris Sojka

Liked Posts:
It is in February.

I love this town, but more often than not, Chicago in February is the worst place in the entire history of everything.

I hope you get lucky OP, but it's usually not a fun time to take in the sights. Millennium Park does have an ice skating rink nestled into the city skyline if you want to make the wife all squishy. Otherwise, note the recommendations close to your hotel because two blocks may be all you can take.

This guy gets it.

Yeah millennium park ice rink is a reaaly cool spot to bring the wife. But can she skate? Can you?

HearshotKDS

Liked Posts:
Price range?
How old are you?
What is your favorite food?

Gibsons Italia, reserve in advance 75$ a plate.
Sunda. Japanese fushion. 60$ a plate.
Blackbird 100+ 2star Michelin rated restaurant. Fancy. Posdibly best food in chicago.

Blackbird has ONE Michelin star you IDIOT. You FUCKIN MORON> Seriously though, it's a great restaurant though, and has a surprisingly cheap lunch menu for the quality.

If you're going fine dining though, I like Sepia in West Loop.

If you're looking for steak, strongly recommend Bavette's if you can get a reservation.

jsu34

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Capital Grille if looking for steak. A bit pricey but worth every bite. Gibsons cant compare.

Grand Luxe is another place for general American food items.

Lawry's the prime rib. Grand Luxe and Lawry's are actually across the street from each other.

Rob219_CBMB

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
My wife and I will be making our first trip to Chicago in February. Any opinions on The River hotel? We also planned on eating at Ditkas restaurant, and a tour of soldier field. Is there anywhere else you’d recommend to eat or see? Thanks.
JOHNNIE'S in Elmwood Park on North Ave. the italian beef is murder here.
Athena's in Greek town. (call ahead for a table.)
& Pequod's pizza(now that the cat out the bag, Pequod's is the best you can get right now). Lou Malnati's is fire too.

Shedd aquarium for sure, right next to soldier field.
The underground night club is legit too. Expensive but it'll keep you from over spending and getting too fucked up unless you're rich and dgaf.
Reggie's (bar) on state street. get some hot wings and drafts here. low key this where i go sometimes and smoke outside and look up at the skyline...
The wiener's circle for some hot dogs at night is fun while drunk too.
man, you don't have enough time to be honest..just wait til you see Chicago's traffic.

Portillos is over rated too mainstream, we have one down the road from me. Too many secrets in chi-town and not enough time for ya'll.
better be ready to drive proper in this city or your gonna hate us.
ETA; Definitely SUNDA..oh yeah..now i'm hungry.

Last edited:

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Sunda, Soldier, Ditka's, Garretts popcorn, shedd, planitarium

There is probably a way to do that efficiently

I think Roys Hawaiin Fusion is good too. Pacific Rim Cuisine.

Exhibit_A

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My wife and I will be making our first trip to Chicago in February. Any opinions on The River hotel? We also planned on eating at Ditkas restaurant, and a tour of soldier field. Is there anywhere else you’d recommend to eat or see? Thanks.
You can go to top of Willis Tower, Navy pier (u can see that famous fountain from married with children at the park from there lol) wrigley field, shedd aquarium those are the places I went to when I visited.

SiDe WaYs

Liked Posts:
Portillos Is overrated. And so is Lou malnatis and giordanos. Find a mom and pop place. Like Freddy’s in cicero. 10 minutes West from down town. You want a beef go to jays on the north side. You wanna hot dog. Hit up jimmies in Pulaski.

Omeletpants

Save America
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Colorado Rockies
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  2. Orlando Magic
  3. Phoenix Suns
  4. Sacramento Kings
  1. Columbus Blue Jackets
Portillo's or go home.

I moved to Oregon and OMG, I sure miss me some Portillo's.
Portillos is horrible and for tourists and millennials. I can think of 10 place with better beef sandwiches, 100 places with better hot dogs. Portillos fries are made of polyurethane, they are delivered to Portillos frozen in a 30 lb paper sack

Omeletpants

Save America
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Colorado Rockies
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  2. Orlando Magic
  3. Phoenix Suns
  4. Sacramento Kings
  1. Columbus Blue Jackets