Question for the Cutler haters

CutlerWithTheGW

Liked Posts:
I'm obviously a Cutler fan but I just wanna know, when did you start disliking him? Did you not like the trade to being with? Was it after he threw 26 Ints in 09? Was it after his "fake injury" in the NFCC? Just curious.

mecha

Liked Posts:
the "fake injury". can you believe that asshole standing on the sidelines? I mean he went shopping with his whore wife like 2 days later walking on stairs!

CutlerWithTheGW

Liked Posts:
the "fake injury". can you believe that asshole standing on the sidelines? I mean he went shopping with his whore wife like 2 days later walking on stairs!
would it of been a good idea to put him back in the game anyway? I mean he was playing like shit to begin with.

CutlerWithTheGW

Liked Posts:
I'm no doctor but are you still able to walk if you suffered a sprained MCL?

Novak

Mod in Training/Fire Forum
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Midway through the 2012 season

This.

I didn't like him much after that 26 pick season. I knew we got fleeced.. but the '12 season is when I really gave up hope on him

CutlerWithTheGW

Liked Posts:
This.

I didn't like him much after that 26 pick season. I knew we got fleeced.. but the '12 season is when I really gave up hope on him
I don't like giving up on people, I've supported Cutler ever since hes been a Bear, but with the defense he had they should've made the playoffs, He let me down that year.

SlickWilly

Team Ignore Member #2
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Detroit Pistons
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
would it of been a good idea to put him back in the game anyway? I mean he was playing like shit to begin with.

His sarcasm kinda flew right over your head.

Chinese

Liked Posts:
I gave up that year where we lost to GB with the injury he had. It was before the injury when he had a chance to show he can beat them and put them away. He laid an egg all 3 games against them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
This.

I thought Turner was the problem in 09...and was bamboozled to think that if he had a true #1 receiver...he'd play better. 2012 was when I lost all faith in him. 2013 was just the icing on the cake for me.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
I held out a lot longer than others, foolishly believing that Trestman was going to turn Cutler around and that the arsenal around him in 2014 was going to make Cutler play better than he ever had before. But that optimism was erased in the first game of the 2014 season when he threw that fourth-quarter INT against Buffalo.

I don't consider myself a Cutler hater. But I also don't see him being anything better than an average QB.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Disappointed after the turnover debacle in 2009, but it was after the 2010 season that I became convinced he simply isn't a winner.

Gave him props for playing solid football during the 2011 winning streak before he got injured and my hopes were stirred when they traded for Marshall. Then the defense went insane the first half of 2012 and I thought they couldn't possibly fail. When they regressed from ridiculous to just "good" in the second half of the year, Cutler did nothing to elevate the offense, they went 3-5 in the second half of the year and missed the playoffs. Then I was more done with him than ever. After Josh McCown outplayed him in 2013 and he sucked in 2014, the slight improvement from bad to average in 2015 didn't do as much for me as it seems to have done for some.

Last edited:

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
I know I've said it on this forum several times before, but I'll never get over the disappointment of that 2011 season -- that's my ultimate Bears "what if" scenario.

Yeah, the Packers went 15-1 that season, but I don't think anyone had them losing to the Giants in their first playoff game, either. The NFL has been such a crapshoot in the last decade and that team was playing so damn well before the San Diego game.

airtime143

This place is dead and buried.
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I disliked him when he left denver- My childhood fav. team was san diego, and They owned him.

Here, I was able to overlook the first game... new team and all.
I was disgusted by the san fran game in 09, and that is when I started to worry that he would never grow out of the silly games.
The baltimore game in 09 solidified my worry, and then he came back the last 2 weeks with good games, so I said "meh, lets see what next year brings".

So a couple good weeks in 2010 had me getting hopeful, NY knocked him out, then he fell off a little, and by the final regular season game I was done with him. I had always seen the same things out of him-
He was brutally inept when given a chance to win and get in to the playoffs for 3 years running. After that, it was the 2 yearly disgraces against green bay that had me tired of him.

After 2012, It became worthless to have the guy- He had not improved an iota, and had aged and been oft injured... He was unable to get over the hump with a legendary defense and the best return man in the league to go along with at the time one of the best if not the best kicker in the league.(not to mention the best all around running back in the league)

With the defense torn apart and the special teams no longer special, It was clear that the bears were going nowhere- They would have to build a BETTER defense than they had under lovie and a great special teams and hope Forte stayed at the top of his game in order to even begin having hope that the bears would compete.

Emery backed the wrong horse, and here we are.

airtime143

This place is dead and buried.
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I'm no doctor but are you still able to walk if you suffered a sprained MCL?

Absolutely- he actually came in for a drve afterward if i remember right.

oh well- doesnt matter... likely would not have ended well and if he "took himself" out of the game because he didnt feel right on it- so what?
I dislike the guy for many reasons, but I never thought that particular point was a problem.

Desperado34

Liked Posts:
morons.

Once again! Another coaching staff/management comes in and says Cutler is their guy moving forward and they want him to be the qb, and yet some.. STILL.. Want to hate on him.

Hilarious.

Year after year, you guys get a chub over college highlight tapes of some qb the Bears aren't going to draft and year after year, Cutler is out there week 1. Just accept he's an above average QB, and move onto more important things. Like fixing that damn defense!

Desperado34

Liked Posts:
Absolutely- he actually came in for a drve afterward if i remember right.

oh well- doesnt matter... likely would not have ended well and if he "took himself" out of the game because he didnt feel right on it- so what?
I dislike the guy for many reasons, but I never thought that particular point was a problem.
I hope you are kidding.

Olin Kreutz even called out the haters after that game. There was an article that came out a few weeks week later when reporters pressed Jay about fellow peers in the NFL giving him crap or saying he wasn't tough, he actually had tears in his eyes if I remember correctly. Dude is TOUGH. I knew at that game there was no fucking way, after the shit he got the past two seasons, he tapped out of that game. I'm still embarassed Chicago fans actually believe that narrative.

“There isn’t a tougher quarterback in the NFL,” Kreutz said. “And that’s period.”

Mitchapalooza

2013 when we had a
stacked offense and he did fuck all with it and Josh fucking mccown played lights out