Question...

vinson555

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
How did Manning play this game. I ended up having to switch shift at Jewel, which paid off for me if the Superbowl was a blowout. But I'm wondering if he looked close to Farve in that one Bears game when you saw him and you were like... should of retired.

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
How did Manning play this game you ask? He went up to the LOS and yelled Omaha, Omaha quite a bit.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
How did Manning play this game. I ended up having to switch shift at Jewel, which paid off for me if the Superbowl was a blowout. But I'm wondering if he looked close to Farve in that one Bears game when you saw him and you were like... should of retired.

He shouldn't retire but he was awful. From the start.
He threw several ducks and played a terrible chess match. He panicked from the get-go.
The real issue was Denver, and the AFC, was exposed. Denver & New England would both be .500 teams in the NFC West.

Doubledown

Liked Posts:
he looked like Cutler with no Offensive line.

manning should hang em up but wont.

Tjodalv

Discoverer of Dragosaurs
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Basically, he looked mediocre. He missed some real easy throws and held onto the ball for way too long. With as poorly as the Broncos did as a whole (no run game, tons of fumbles, line playing like shit, etc.) there really wasn't much he could have done outside of playing the best QBed game of all time.

vinson555

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
That sounds about right... I mean Arizona might have been better then the Packers, Saints and even the Eagles, and they were out of the playoffs.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Basically, he looked mediocre. He missed some real easy throws and held onto the ball for way too long. With as poorly as the Broncos did as a whole (no run game, tons of fumbles, line playing like shit, etc.) there really wasn't much he could have done outside of playing the best QBed game of all time.

He could have been accurate. Even when he had time he was off, that first pic was a terrible throw to an open WR. And he sucks outside the pocket.

ThaGator

Liked Posts:
He was pretty bad. Seattle took everything away, though. There wasn't any separation for his WRs.

Shawon0Meter

PLAYOFFS?!?
Donator
Liked Posts:
How could it possibly end with "he should have retired"??? He could've gone 0 for 20 with 5 picks in this game and he has no business retiring coming off this regular season. Favre looked like crap all season before that final Bears game.

vinson555

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I always thought those WR's were maybe alright as a core. But there were no big time players like, even the Bears have in Marshall and Jeffery... wow, I get to say that about the Bears now...

Tjodalv

Discoverer of Dragosaurs
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
He could have been accurate. Even when he had time he was off, that first pic was a terrible throw to an open WR. And he sucks outside the pocket.

I agree, he looked off most of the night. Was simply saying that with as poorly as they played in every phase he wouldn't have been able to change the outcome barring the best game a QB ever put together.

vinson555

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
How could it possibly end with "he should have retired"??? He could've gone 0 for 20 with 5 picks in this game and he has no business retiring coming off this regular season. Favre looked like crap all season before that final Bears game.

Easy, I didn't get to see him play and as Manning has a horrid history of playing out in the cold, if he needed to do that in New England next Year or even Cincy, he would likely have the same troubles in cold weather, and it wasn't even that cold from what I remember about the weather there today.

Shawon0Meter

PLAYOFFS?!?
Donator
Liked Posts:
Easy, I didn't get to see him play and as Manning has a horrid history of playing out in the cold, if he needed to do that in New England next Year or even Cincy, he would likely have the same troubles in cold weather, and it wasn't even that cold from what I remember about the weather there today.
I kinda get what you're saying but barring injury, Peyton Manning shouldn't be all that close to retirement. There's nobody the Broncos would rather have that they could realistically get.

Seattle's D gets most of the credit for why Peyton Manning played so subpar tonight, not because of his inability to do it.

vinson555

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I kinda get what you're saying but barring injury, Peyton Manning shouldn't be all that close to retirement. There's nobody the Broncos would rather have that they could realistically get.

Seattle's D gets most of the credit for why Peyton Manning played so subpar tonight, not because of his inability to do it.

Hey, I maybe had a bad set of words. I'm not one who thinks he should retire for a lack of skill no no. Other then his age, I can't think of any other reason to this point. That fact he is as mobile a QB as a turtle though doesn't help if the Oline is not great.

EDUB316

Liked Posts:
You want to know how he played?

He did what Spartan's mom does to my cock.

Snorch

Liked Posts:

Which one? the game he got destroyed